Free Transfers for Merged Servers starts Thurs, Dec 3

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Roshen Well-Known Member

Hail Norrathians,

Now that server merges are complete, we want to give you the option to move your characters to a server where you can play with your friends. Starting on at 10AM PST* on Thursday, December 3, and running until around 12PM PST* (noon) on Thursday, December 10, 2015, players will have the option for one FREE server transfer for each of their characters, between the following servers:
    • Antonia Bayle
    • Halls of Fate
    • Maj’Dul
    • Skyfire
    How Do I Transfer for Free?

Check your mailbox! Characters will have a free transfer token waiting for them. Using this token will let you move one time between eligible servers.

[IMG]

Note: This is a one way move. Before using this token please be very sure of the server you want to transfer to. Your free transfer token can NOT be used a second time.

EDIT (Nov 24): REMINDER: you will need to remove items from the broker before you're able to transfer. To transfer, you must have no items listed on the broker (including boxes, crates, display cases, and coins)

EDIT 2 (Nov 25): Some people are asking if our normal rules for transfers can be relaxed during this free transfer window. For our transfers during Dec 3 - Dec 10:
    • Your account must be at least 30 days old
    • A character must be level 5 to transfer
    • You can move more than two characters per day. An account will be able to move up to 100 characters (although each character can only move for free one time).
    • You still need to be an All Access member to transfer
    Which server will you choose to play on after this week of free transfers?

*convert to your local time
    Shesaz, Xillean, Kittybock and 2 others like this.
  2. Gulaep Well-Known Member

Can you tell those of us who have never done server transfers before exactly what we need to do beforehand so we don't lose anything or bug anything out?

I have never done a server transfer before and I will think long and hard about this offer. I *think* I want to defect so I want to make sure I am prepared ahead of time.

1. Do we need to empty shared banks? I'm guessing yes.
    2. Do we need to empty broker, remove sales crates from broker, pick up sales crates in houses?
    3. Do we need to empty houses and moving crate?
    4. Do we need to pick up our trade skill apprentices?
    5. And what about our personal depots and the contents within?
    6. Do we need to empty our dungeons?

That's about all I can think of. If there is anything more please advise. Thank you.

EDIT: I recall a message from a Dev saying recently that they were going to use the same *new* process that they used in server merges to do character transfers as well, basically meaning everything will transfer as is and in tact with no issue. But wasn't shared banks still recommended to be emptied?

~Gulaep
  3. Xper Well-Known Member

what about guild halls if guild decides to move servers?
  4. SandsMans Active Member

Why have an expiration? I think it's still too soon after the merges to know what is not going to be a ghost town after these transfers expire.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Minxy I am my own man forever and ever!

they give expirations so they can make money if decide not to use its up to you.
  6. Gulaep Well-Known Member

I am tossed between wanting to transfer and not wanting to.

I kind of want all my guys on one server so I have all my crafters with me but I am afraid that so many people will transfer to the newly merged servers with new server equipment and it will be so packed with people that it would be hard to play, never mind server queues. Then if that happens I will regret having moved. /shrug

I need to give this some serious thought and consideration.

EDIT: As of right now I have already experienced a few days where during a period of hours on the weekend the lag is so bad it's difficult to do the simplest of things.

~Gulaep
  7. Caith Developer

Yes. Anything left in the shared bank will remain on the server.
    IIRC no, but the token will warn you about any requirements not met.
    No
    A house that moves servers is granted ownership of any items within it. So if you have no-trade or Heirloom items in someone elses house, you will need to pick them up to retain ownership. This includes Tradeskill Apprentices.
    No
    No, but you may need to de-list them, or any houses, from the leaderboard.
    This is not correct. The free character transfers are via the normal character transfer token process.

This is a character transfer only, guilds are not being transferred.
    Dendrelis, GrunEQ, Cyliena and 7 others like this.
  8. Gulaep Well-Known Member

Thank you Caith for the one to one response on my questions.

/hat tip

~Gulaep
  9. Roshen Well-Known Member

Xillean and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

Guilds are typically not moved.
    Siren and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  11. Terrius Well-Known Member

Hello Roshen,

In that link that you shared it states

"
    • You can only move 2 characters per 24 hour window.
    "

Will this restriction be temporarily removed? It's concerning as I have 12 characters to transfer and this would mean I would have to time it down to the minute in order to get all of them complete...

*Crosses fingers*
  12. kikoxe New Member

and we are merging server cean storn c died there more player
  13. Inobe New Member

eh...wah?
    Juraiya and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Svenone Well-Known Member

I have done a number of server transfers and I always had to completely empty my broker first...the sales crates must be removed from the broker.

The automated transfer tool is generally very fast (it usually only takes a few minutes*), but only works on server to server transfers. If they still offer account to account transfers, it has to be done manually by customer service. Also, when the transfer coin is successfully used you will be booted from the game entirely. If you just get sent to the character select screen or don't even leave the game at all, something went wrong. Try again and if it doesn't work after the second try you may need to petition it. My suspicion is that the game needs to update your character files to record any changes like empty mailboxes and broker status changes before a transfer can take place.

*Transfers may have additional delays during times of high demand, like this free transfer period.
  15. Gulaep Well-Known Member

Wow, really? Geesh. It's bad enough I need to empty shared bank and pick up researchers and no-trade/heirloom items from houses but to empty the brokers too + crates from broker - my character's inventory space is going to be seriously jeopardized!

I better head back to the other server very soon and see how bad things are going to be. With my concern posted above about if the newly merged servers will get over-populated and laggy to whether or not I can find room for everything or not - this whole endeavor may not be worth the hassle.

I still can't make up my mind if this is something I really want to go through with. All I know for certain is I'd like all of my crafters together. It's either try and make this transfer happen and hope lag will be okay or stay where I am and try to come up with $90 to buy nine more character slots and start my crafters all over again on the second server.

*sighs

EDIT: I just thought of something else. What about prestige home portals? Will they carry over okay and connect properly to where they are supposed to or should I remove them and place them all down again? I know sometimes on a whim the connections will break and they need to be replaced.

/hold me

~Gulaep
    Juraiya and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  16. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

Hope to see you all on AB. :)
  17. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Some clarifications:
    • All guild affiliation is removed. The guild will not transfer with you, even if you are a guild leader.
    • Level 10 or higher (I believe this pertains to adventure level, so a high crafter under adventure 10 will need to get to level 10 adventurer)
    • Have no items listed on the broker (including boxes, crates, display cases *must empty and remove the containers from the broker* and remove coin from sales)
    • Have no email or ghost mail (remove all attachments, then use /clear_mail to remove all read mails, note this will permanently remove all mails so only use that command when you are ready)
    • Have no published dungeons. (These should transfer fine, just make sure you un-publish first)
    • Remember to pick up any housing items before you delete any dungeons. (If you decide to delete them)
    • Shared Bank items will not transfer to the destination server. Be sure to remove any items you wish to take with you and have them in your inventory or character's bank.
    • Your house(s) will go intact and this includes anything placed in them. This includes any items that were placed by trustees!
    • If you have tradeskill apprentices in another character's house, be sure to pick them up before moving! Many crafters have set up "Apprentice Housing" where all the crafters' Apprentices are placed. Each crafter will need to pick up their own apprentice before the move!
    • You can only move 2 characters per 24 hour window. I am hoping they will adjust this as some are moving multiple characters and restriction if 2 characters per 24 hours per account, they might not be able to move all the characters they wish to.
    Juraiya, Cyliena, Tiadari and 2 others like this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Would this also apply to account->account, or does that still require customer service to do, even though it's the same player (me)? Basically, was thinking of moving Silver account kids in Skyfire over to my Gold account to get them some love; they're the only toons I have on Skyfire. :-/

Uwk
    who'd probably need to get them enough "receiving" character slots anyway, but at least there's only four of them...hmm. Maybe I should get the slots now on Gold, create "-x" or "-z" toons, have the poor original Silvers hand off their stuff to the new ones, then delete the Silvers and change the names...it would definitely be cheaper. :-/

EDIT: Hmm! Will the free tokens only be available to Gold accounts? :)
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

What if we transfer to someplace where there's already a character with that name present? Will we still have the chance to do a free name change if we have the "-x" or "-z" bit on the end?

Uwk
  20. Kokorobosoi Active Member

uwk i just moved a toon a few days ago- it took a petition, and 2500 sc. Had to provide proof they were both mine (paid with same credit card).... both accounts have to be mem for uh... 30 or 60 days i forget. both accounts must have the same xpacs and features. My toon was a freeblood, so had to pre-unlock that on the destination account. anyways, for that move it only took about a week, for the entire process- and that included the two days it took for me to mosey on to the store to buy the game card for the sc lol. Couldve done it through the cc but figured id get some extra sc for me. once i accepted it was worth the 50 bucks it was a very simple process for me. I had both accounts logged in at the time, and never even got booted from the game. Only knew it happened when i got the email saying it was complete. They emptied my mailbox for me and my broker/ houses/ etc were all intact. Very no fuss on my end. Have to say, they got a round of applause from me ( and a squee)

oh- beware... i lost my entire friends list, forgot to copy that down before hand ( honestly thought i had more time, but it was much faster than i thought it would be) ...Sooo... if I havent been saying hiya to anyone on splitpaw when you log in... shoot me a tell Im not ignoring you i promise!! Im just lost without that list lololol!