Server Downtime: Tues, Nov 17 @ 7AM PST

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Roshen Well-Known Member

[IMG]

US EverQuest II Live Servers will be brought offline on Tuesday, November 17, 2015 at 7:00AM PST* for the Terrors of Thalumbra expansion update. Estimated downtime is approximately five hours.

EverQuest II: Terrors of Thalumbra is scheduled to unlock to players at noon pacific** on Tuesday, November 17, 2015.

--

EU EverQuest II Live Servers will be brought offline on Tuesday, November 17, 2015 at 7:00AM PST* for this update. (Approx. 3:00PM London Time on November 17, 2015). Estimated downtime is five hours.

Alle deutschsprachigen Server werden um 16:00 CET am 17.11.2015 zwecks einer Serveraktualisierung heruntergefahren. Die vorgesehene Stillstandszeit wird etwa 5 Stunde(n) betragen.

Le serveur de langue française sera arrêté à 16:00 CET le 11-17-2015 pour une mise à jour du serveur. Le temps d'arrêt sera d'environ 5 heures.

*Time Zone Converter

**convert Terrors of Thalumbra's launch to your local time

Update notes for this downtime can be found in the Game Update Notes forum once they're available.

Keep an eye on the EverQuest II forums for news if additional downtime is needed.
  2. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

3. Dreadtalon Active Member

Dreadtalon approves of this message!

Dreadtalon, a Freetard of Tardfire
  4. dorotea Well-Known Member

Probably not too many complaints that you are taking the servers down around prime time in Europe. There would have been screaming had the EU servers gotten the update the next day though.
  5. Faelynn Active Member

I remember this, used to play on one of them. Yeah, hard to get WW discos when the rest of the world has like 16 hours head start...
    Febrith, Pipsissiwa and Feldon like this.
  6. Eradani Well-Known Member

since TLE isn't getting the new xpac, are we down at all or just for an hour?
    Simparri and Finora like this.
  7. Kotter Legendary Member

I was thinking the same thing...
  8. Raetear Member

Is there ever a time when all-access preorder people get a 2 day head start on the new expansion? Just a thought for future.. I've spent a lot of money on this game..
    Faelynn, Jrel and Kittybock like this.
  9. Streppoch Member

Stealing.
    Kittybock and Spindle like this.
  10. Feldon Well-Known Member

If you purchased the expansion than you had a one month head start due to how beta worked.
    suka, Awkk and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  11. Finora Well-Known Member

All-access got a 2 week head start on Altar of Malice last year. I guess it didn't work out too well for them or something.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...f-malice-zone-preview-brokenskull-bay.551658/

(last line in the announcement)
  12. Cujun New Member

This expansion is /yawn
  13. Simparri Active Member

A damned good question but not likely to get an answer before it goes down.
    Eradani likes this.
  14. Willulearn New Member

OMG Zedd, that MEME just made me laugh uncontrollably for at least 3 minutes. Stealing it for sure.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, just looking at the Game Update Notes, a few comments (since we can't comment there, might as well here! ;->):

Um, didn't having the Bag of Platinum Coins really do a number on the inflation on the Broker in a bad way? What will increasing the amount available to folks by over six times do to the inflation rates now?? :-/

What does this mean for my higher level folks (inquiring casual players' minds wanna know)? This big kitteh is confused...for instance, Uwk's currently wielding the Toxic Blade of Rapidity (yep, even at his level, since it's so immensely cool still):

[various descriptors, then:]
    Damage 113-580 [will this be affected?]
    [etc., then:]
    On a critical combat hit this spell may cast Vitality Consumption VIII on target of attack. Triggers about 2.0 times per minute.
    * Inflicts 1633-1805 disease damage on target [will this be affected?]
    * Heals caster for 1206-1332
    [granted, that could be taken as kind of tacky for a Good guy to use, but hey...]

And if we're nerfed (dang it, I LIKE dealing out thousands of points of damage per hit, on occasion...), does this mean all our targets out there will be adjusted in kind, or will it be the Heroes' Festival Puppets all over again, 24/7/365 now? :-/

I doubt that this:
    will make up for it. :-/

THANK YOU, DEVS!!! :D But, but, but...if we don't have the new expac, is this still true? :-/

Likewise for this?
    So, if you don't have the expansion, you're SOL about ever getting triangle building blocks for ALL the tiers (or at least until the content goes free in two years)? :(

Baubles, schmaubles; will those of us who hadn't done that world event ever be able to get the Sandstone and Granite building block sets (and the required materials, apparently) from someone still, somehow? If not, could you PLEASE put those recipe books on the Loyalty Merchant, and make the required materials drop off of regular elementals? :-/

Uwk
    suka, SierraDawn and Prissetta like this.
  16. mouser Well-Known Member

Hmm... glad I didn't buy any platinum bags when I get back. Guess it'll be time to spend that vet reward and hoover up any low-lying fruit left on the brokers...

As for the other stuff - they need to give people compelling reasons to purchase the expansion, so they can't be expected to just give out those recipes for everybody. Gotta keep the lights turned on as long as possible...

Yeah, I took some time off, but I'll be sad to see EQ 2 go. I've got a good friend trying to get me back in SW:ToR and my wife loves WoW, but EQ 2 is still my fave. Not knocking either of those other two, though. These three are all great in their own way.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Almost forgot about my ranged weapon:

Experimental Destructive Longbow of Energy [again, level 80; my Weaponsmiths and Woodworkers aren't up to snuff yet!]
    Damage: 247-1278 Piercing

Does:
    Augmented Smite and Demolishing Charge VIII
    which do, respectively:
    Augmented Smite: Inflicts 1049 divine damage on target instantly and every 2 seconds [aka, why should DoT casters have all the fun? ;->]
    Demolishing Charge VIII: Inflicts 2177-2407 crushing damage on target [from a bow...but since it throws the target back, maybe it's the hitting the ground hard part that does it ;->]

What does Weapon Damage Bonus mean, anyway?? :confused: And should I be concerned over it?

Uwk
  18. Kittybock Well-Known Member

I checked you on EQ2U and can't see your WDB, (there is also Spell WDB). It is basically an auto-attack damage multiplier and will be found on your char sheet under auto-attack stats, should show below Flurry.

If you are at Hard Cap on a stat, then you don't need any more of that particular stat and/ or (if it can be reforged) you should so so.
    • Stats have soft and hard caps. (Some are not capped)
    • Above soft cap, you gain a benefit if you go over, ie Haste converts to Flurry if over soft cap, while Casting speed converts to Double Cast chance if over Soft Cap.
    • When you reach Hard Cap; no more benefit can be gained.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Whew! Looks like I shouldn't worry over it, then. ;->

Thanks! :)

Uwk
    SierraDawn, Prissetta and Kittybock like this.
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

and its down so hold on to your chairs for the x pack and everything else
    "TIME to head on over to the Public TEST SERVER " and see if Frostfell is up