Changing profession at 100

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Cloudrat, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

The mergers have left me with one server that has 3 level 100 carpenters. I needed a jeweler so I decided that rather than make a new toon, which I really didn't need, I would change one of the carpenters into a jeweler.
    My main reason for so many crafters is to be able to help when someone is looking for update for shawl or earring.
    Now I have a dilemma. I was able to get The Proof of the Pudding quest and thereby the recipe for earring. I won't have the rest of crafters on this server until after the transfers, so I can't tell what will happen if I finish the quest again.
    I went to the loremaster in the temple of Brell and to Dora out where the ring wars are but nothing to help me get the recipe for the shawl I need and when I changed professions the one for carpenter was removed from my book.

Help??
  2. Enoibia Well-Known Member

What happens to crafting faction when you respec your tradeskill? Do you still have 40K faction with the Forgemasters of Thurgadin? If not Loremaster Verdani won't speak to you about the shawl.

Were you even able to pick up the beginning of the quest from Tora? Can this quest even be repeated?
  3. Xsara Member

I recently switched professions and had the same problem with this quest. I looked all over Norrath. Talked to everyone on the boards and chat channels with no success. In the end, I had to petition and a GM gave me the recipe.
    Cloudrat likes this.
  4. Mystfit Well-Known Member

That's what i had to do. I could redo everything I needed except the carpenter Fallen Dynasty recipe book and the shawl quest. A GM had to give me the recipe for the shawl. He wouldn't give me the recipe for the shawl though. I have another alt that has it thankfully.
  5. Elinea Well-Known Member

Is it possible to put the recipes for the swapped class on the Shady Swashbuckler if you've already done the quest? That would be awesome.
    Kuulei and Adevil like this.
  6. Deveryn Well-Known Member

My guess is it hasn't been a frequent enough occurence to warrant that. As far as Shady goes, I think he's got enough and perhaps an NPC in Thurgadin would be a better option, if they ever decide to do that.
    Kuulei likes this.
  7. Mystfit Well-Known Member

I edited that badly. ;) I meant he gave me the FD recipe but not the shawl recipe.
    I remember asking at the time about an option. I don't guess it went anywhere.
  8. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

Ok well I heard back from petition and was told to delete quest and do it over lol, not sure how you delete a completed quest.
    I was able to redo the earring quest to get that recipe and to redo captain's lament to get adv. book of recipes as well as the others in Cardin wood.
    Apparently there has been some changes made to help those who change professions, just not for the shawl yet.
    An npc like the change the tool guy in Mara for all the critical spells etc. might be handy in the crafting areas:)
  9. Ipocrita Active Member

I too had the problem of two 100 sages on one server since mergers, so I made one an alchemist. Only thing I can't work out is how to get the level 90 advanced recipe book now? Prior to merger I had completed all tradeskill quests up to and including Maldura line (I didn't know I would be able to transfer my toon to splitpaw or I would have waited) - and now I can't pick up any of the 90+ ones again. Someone mentioned being able to re-do captain's lament, but that one isn't offered either?
    Any clues would be appreciated. Thanks in advance fine folk of Norrath!
  10. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Advanced 91-95 should be on the recipe vendor, along with essentials of all levels. Advanced 96-100 will be on the broker, as they haven't stopped dropping. #90 looks to be a tricky spot in need of some attention.
  11. Ipocrita Active Member

Thanks Deveryn, I have all the 91-100 scribed or in my bags - as you say, its the advanced 90 one which is the "sticky" one :)
  12. Ipocrita Active Member

Yay! - I went back to Mara and tried again and Ethan offered me Captain's Lament this time! I was level 98, was 95 the first time I looked, so I don't think it was my level? Maybe just a glitch. But anyway, happy bunny now, thanks for help peeps :)
    Enoibia and Deveryn like this.
  13. Riksis New Member

I have the same issue about the shawl recipes on two characters.I went to to Shady too in the hope that he might have the recipe for my new classes.

Would be nice to have an option to gain the recipe for the new class - either directly (Shady) or via redoing the quest (although I have the shawl already, so the only gain from the quest would be said recipe).