Buy Chains of Eternity, Get a Bonus Item!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Dexella Associate Producer

[IMG]

This weekend only purchase the Chains of Eternity Expansion (Standard, Collector's or Collector's Upgrade) and receive the Nightmare Flight Wings – FREE!

This deal starts Friday 4/5 at 12:00 PM PDT and ends Monday 4/8 at 8:00 AM PDT, so order now!

For more on the Chains of Eternity expansion, click here!
  2. flameweaver Well-Known Member

This is poor. You'd get much more interest and players buying if the deal was to get a 50% discount on AoD .

Just saying, less is more ;)

And it doesn't affect me, I already have the current full set, but so many people complaining about the price of CoE and AoD and you had a chance to do something, even if only for a weekend.
  3. Foretold Well-Known Member

Dang. I want to buy CoE for my second account, but those wings are the ONE thing I bought for my toon with my spare SC...
  4. Indeed New Member

Do you get the flight wings for one character or for every character on the account?
  5. flameweaver Well-Known Member

The wings are heirloom but can only be used by one char at a time but they do not need to be attunded so can be removed and moved between characters via the shared bank. Want you don't get are an unlimited virtual set of wings for every character.
  6. Foxblade New Member

wish already having the collectors edition got you it
    Bibbs likes this.
  7. Meidjum Active Member

Can gold accounts that have been active for ## months at least get a "Hey thanks" ??
    Bibbs, gennifr, Taysa and 1 other person like this.
  8. Tesshin Member

Man, I wish I didn't already buy it months ago.
    Bibbs likes this.
  9. Custos/Vigilos New Member

I wonder if you have to be level 85 to use these, like the ones on the market.
  10. Edelphia Well-Known Member

you can be a level 85 crafter and level 10 in adventuring and fly with wings. I have several low level toons that fly because of that.
  11. Edelphia Well-Known Member

The only thing that I know of that isn't like that is the Freeblood bats. That requires level 86 adventure level and is quested for once you have spent SC for the ability.
  12. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

You can also use them as appearance for your ground mount.
  13. Custos/Vigilos New Member

Hmm, I might be tempted to get the expansion if I could use the wings at any level.
  14. gennifr New Member

Between all of our family members we pre-ordered 4 collector's editions last October. How about giving us some wings? It just seems like a slap to faithful longtime players who PRE-ORDERED (don't want you to forget about that part). Shame on you! :(
    Bibbs and Tesshin like this.
  15. Tesshin Member

It will be a nice gesture on SOE's part if they gave those who previously bought the collector's edition, a $90 item, this wings as a bonus.
  16. Bibbs Member

I went to the /claim window looking for these as I seriously believed the wings had been given to those who had already bought CoE...

Guess it's the last time I have pre-ordered.
  17. Avirodar Well-Known Member

I am not sure why you are upset...

Several months ago, you made a pre-order.
    - You chose to pre-order, no one forced you.
    - You knew exactly what you were ordering.
    - You knew the price.
    - You got exactly what you paid for.

That is, unless you are trying to say that SOE did not deliver as promised?

Months later, SOE is doing a promotion to help push sales on what is no longer a new and shiney product. To provide incentive, they are offering a pair of wings... And you believe you are entitled to it, because you purchased CoE several months ago? :eek:

It is what it is. Companies often provide discounts or incentives to purchase products that are no longer new. I do not ask for a refund on my purchases of VanillaEQ2+DoF+KoS+EoF+RoK+SF+DoV because all are now included with CoE... And I am not asking for a free pair of wings because I purchased CoE months ago, and SOE is incentivizing a product this weekend.
    Lempo, Luhai, Foretold and 3 others like this.
  18. Taemisa Active Member

You know what would be really cool? If SOE would offer us the choice of any mount as a bonus for buying Chains of Eternity. Because unfortunately for SOE, I don't find their offer tempting given that I think the wings they're offering are ugly.

Oh I'll get Chains of Eternity eventually but I'm a bit squeezed in regards to income right now and as I said, this particular offer isn't tempting me to sacrifice something in order to scrape up the money to get it.

Sorry, SOE. But I do appreciate that you're making an offer.
  19. Tatanka New Member

Quick question: Would buying CoE for an account also add DoV? I know AoD is NOT included, but I thought I read somewhere that CoE purchase also added DoV.

Thanks,

Tat
  20. Tatanka New Member