TLE - Kingdom of Sky Vote Did NOT Pass in November 2015

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Roshen Well-Known Member

Hail Norrathians,

This is a quick update to let you know that the vote to unlock Kingdom of Sky did NOT pass on either Stormhold (PvE) or Deathtoll (PvP) in November 2015.

Don't worry if you're one of the players that was excited about Kingdom of Sky content, because the vote will become available again in 30-days.

If you're looking for more information about voting and Time-Locked Expansion servers, see the FAQ here.
    Sapphirius and Molly like this.
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

o wow don't know what to think about this for once I was all leveled up to cap and not lacking behind
    o well guess I got some time to get all my spells up or my trade skills , or getting all the shinnies or , or ,or
    getting tyred just looking at what I just wrote :rolleyes:
  3. Siren Well-Known Member

Awesome!

*ducks*

PS/Class balance is always going to be frigged, get over it. We're playing through "today's" classes (AND AAs when they hit) with "yesteryear's" content, which really don't mix too well. We knew this going in.

Hey, Deathtoll is still a much better setting overall for open PvP than poor Nagafen has been for many years now, what with its perpetual-PvE-dump downhill slide of guild halls, instant travel, Battlegrounds, gear separation, etc.

Let's be grateful for all we've got here, including the Isle of Refuge! The devs are doing all they can realistically do. :)
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

lol who's complaining? not me or are you trying to get ahead of those people that will wine about not getting AA
    Siren likes this.
  5. Saw-Lau Member

Wow! That's a rather pleasant surprise! Well done, Stormhold Community!
    Einzelhaft Narynn and Molly like this.
  6. Aldebaran New Member

Yes voters please don't be discouraged and thank you for your patience.
    Siren likes this.
  7. willow Member

wow so good, why not play this game like it was in the start??? at the rate you guys are wanting to go will be lvl 100 in a year.... just try to enjoy it play it have fun,,, remember its a GAME!!!!!
  8. Primaeval Active Member

Disappointed, though not surprised. This was a lose/lose really given how much work needs to be done to KoS still. Disappointing because I'm not sure many of the current level 60s on Deathtoll will play much until the vote passes.
  9. Aliramar Member

I can believe it did not pass on Stormhold, but not on Deathtoll, lol.. PvP server barely has any active population left and every remaining player just dreaming about AA's.
    Well, obviously, if you're game company you won't unlock KoS a week before new expansion goes live, for pretty obvious reasons. No matter how many many people voted yes :p. I'm not pissed, our raid died anyways, just my 2 cents.
  10. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Tragic for Deathtoll. RIP for 30days! New xpac here I come
  11. Kazooooooooooo Active Member

Yeah, Deathtoll is dead. No way the population can sustain another month of content that has already been cleared. Qeynos has less then 100 players on at most times as it is. Good luck Stormhold, good luck.
  12. Eksaksudan Member

RIP Deathtoll
  13. Simparri Active Member

I'm not too surprised that Deathtoll has so few players. If more of the PvP players didn't act like such a$$holes & "played better with others" others might have come around & played with them.
  14. Falcor New Member

.@Roshen & Other Developers

Would it be possible to release the numbers or at the very least the percentages for these votes going forward?
  15. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

Two raids left to clear.. A month is good for my guild I guess... I personally voted yes, because there is no solo content left for me, not even faction grind.

Hope the more hardcore crowd doesn't go all emo and show some patience.
  16. Deleroux New Member

Too many cheats, hacks and various going on for Deathtoll.
    It cannot be that hard for a company to detect and block them as most other gaming companies have been doing throughout the years.

This combined with some very OP classes that can at times two shot other players is crazy or combat to where you can hardly counter any type of attack even if you wanted.
    You can pumice and pot all you want with many classes and have no luck then forced to group.

Many higher end players have progressed beyond what majority of playerbase can remotely compete with in gear and upgrades so again makes very difficult to pvp if even want to call it that beyond pure massacres.

With exactly what Simparri described as too many acting like to total jerks and grief killing people along with the zergs can completely kill the player base.

I've seen many decided just to leave and play elsewhere or back on Live servers.

My opinion is I could care less about most of the above and will get whatever I get in time and just here to have fun.
    If I wanted anything different I'd play my other characters on the Live server.

Then again some will take this as a whining pity party as I've seen constantly on EQ2Flames forums when anyone tries to use any type of common sense or contradict the so called uBer of the server PvP.

For those all I can say is move along and get a life beyond this game if that is all you care to do with all your time.
    Sorry, but many are here to attempt in having fun without a bunch of a$$hats ruining their day.

I'm glad the vote was No as I voted No on both my accounts as this should be TLE not a race to the finish of what has already been beat how many times now over and over repeatedly!
    Moonpanther, Graybeard and Siren like this.
  17. Teto New Member

I left Deathtoll this weekend and restarted on Stormhold. I got tired of BS PVP instead of reasonable PVP like most other games in the world have. With a very small number of bored maxed out players deciding "might as well pvp all the time for the next month" it is impossible to reasonably play content in pillars of flame. There are too many choke points where you are just going to get jumped, and you have to run through 200 times a week. PVP is fine, constant no-end-in-sight pvp when you want to work on a quest is not. Really, lock down Madjul for nine days straight? So, no more time-locked PVP for me. I am done with that because other players ruined it.

And since the upcoming expansions will have the exact same PVP issue (bored maxed players) I expect nearly everyone to leave Deathtoll.

Long Live Stormhold! And hopefully we get 3-6 months per expansion. I like playing all the content in an expansion instead of rushing to the raids at the end.
    Nixer, Graybeard and Ahlana like this.
  18. Chocoholic Active Member

Stormhold here, whew I am really happy.

An expansion a month was not something that I hoped for when I started here (really thought there should be a minimum of 3 months at the get-go). I'm sorry for those who are disappointed (I was disappointed when DoF was voted in so I can empathize), but I have an immense feeling of relief and am looking forward to the next month in Norrath on SH.

YMMV ;):p
  19. Davewe New Member

Excellent news the pace this server is moving at (2 adventure packs and 1 expansion within less than 4 months!!) is shockingly quick and a no vote was desperately, desperately needed!
  20. Arandar Well-Known Member

I don't think you can extrapolate the rate of progression like this, however. The "end game" content in both vanilla and DoF is underwhelming to say the least. Combine this with the wild imbalances between classes -- primarily because the decision was made years ago to achieve some semblance of balance through AAs rather than fundamentally rebalancing the core functionality of the classes -- and it's not hard to see why people were looking forward to moving on.

That said, I fully expect Stormhold to "sit" on KoS / EoF (T7 content) and RoK / TSO (T8 content) for quite a long time. I seriously doubt that you'll see the same rate of progression that we've seen with T5 and T6.
    Saw-Lau likes this.