Deleting my 9 year old warlock

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Cythemia, Nov 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cythemia Member

Seems that they boosted Summoners, and gave the scouts massivly OP Hemo wasn't enough they had to destroy the warlock with a Massive nerf to Focused Casting, The class is no longer playable Tier 3 at best. A full group with the same Quest gear on . the warlock fell in 4th place on the parse behind the illy, (who was mimicry the assassin).
    parse looked like this most of the time during the zone.
    Named fight
    Assassin (30-35l) [million range]
    Necro (28-32l)
    Illy (18-25 )
    Warlock (16-23)
    Fury (6-8)
    SK (6-8)

On AOE 3-6 mobs fights
    Assassin (64-69)
    Necro (53-60)
    Warlock (32-45)

6- or more
    Assassin (65-80)
    Necro (63-82)
    Warlock (55-69 Granted these where geared with new quest line gear and reforged as to old expac stats builds.
    My warlock lost a LARGE amount of dps almost 1/3 of what it was on AOE fights.
    my averages in Tier2 Raid gear with old FC was
    with heroic gear my parse ranged
    8-12mil single
    20-30 aoe

Tier 1 raid
    11-14 single target
    30-40 AOE

18-20 on single targets
    55-69 AOE

TIer 2-3 mix
    20-30 Sinlge
    80-120+++ AOE (depends on fight)
    as it stands IN RAID i wasn't able to move to the top of the parse until after got into full purple gear with Tier BIS Jewelry ect.. and was able to fluff melee stats and get 90k+ Ability mod.
    There where just not enough Crit bonus stat inflation until then.
    now all that is Obsolete. Focused casting is now a basic buff with horrid timer /usless.
    None of the Spells have any calculated funtion. So there really is no purpose for rotations.
    EI..Dots have short duration can;t stack, Long cast times on DD spells that don't do big dmg, Trigger spells have set number of triggers and durations won't overlap very well with 4-8 sec dots that take 1.5 to cast.
    The only way i see to revive the class if they want to make us more spell based dps intead of spike dmg based.
    FIX SPELLS...
    1.Increase durations of dots, lower cast times, increase hit rate.
    2. Increase Durations of Trigger spells , Increase number of triggers.
    3. Increase Make DD spells hit like Flames of Veleious and Thunder Clap 3-5 hits per spell with current dmg rateing.

another thing that bugs the Mess out of me...mages are magic based, they shoot magic from a wand.
    Why are we using Melee stats for a ranged magic attack????? I understand Attack speeed , Mutli attack, and AE auto, but Shouldn't it be based off of our Magic abilities as well?
    MY thinking is like this.
    1.Casting Speed = ranged weapon Delay reduction
    2. Double Cast
    3. SWDB
    4. AE Auto Attack
    5.Damage Per Second =should effect Spell Dmg as well.
    Something long these lines.
    just thowing idea's around maybe it will trigger a process for the developers.
    That and / or make Auto Attack stats effect Spells as well as Spell weapon.
    there are MANY possibilities but this playing Leap Frog with supposed Class Fixes have been driving people away for far to long.
    I enjoy my Necromancer and my conj but i don't think they should ever outparse a wizard or warlock ....EVER.
    at least wizzards still have fiery blast....
  2. Foretold Well-Known Member

Yep. And our relic cloak helps the raid parse, not our personal parse. Wizard relic cloak helps wizard personal parse.

For some reason, the devs just want the warlock to DIE DIE DIE.

I too spend all of last night's raid on beta behind the T2 necromancer and the beastlord. Our assassin wasn't online, so he didn't have the chance to beat the pants off me, too, but the swashy was sure trying. Our T1 DPS days appear about over.
  3. quisling Well-Known Member

Well, you did beat the templar...
  4. Daray Well-Known Member

It's really only in the medium to longer term that the new caps will factor in for FC.

Sure, I'd take rw frigid gift over the current option. It would yield a higher contribution to raidwide output than that Fusion modifier. Though I suspect most people care little for the raidwide value and only look at their own numbers.

Then again, I'm not too overly concerned about these Adv Solo relics, since I suspect item progression will offer better.
    Avirodar likes this.
  5. Yards Well-Known Member

I'm not entirely sure why your dps has gone down, as of now fc is actually better than the old fc. Once your cb starts to get past 2k maintained in raids is when fc will start to drop off. Finally when it gets to 3k, fc will be pretty useless but thats not the case yet due to what gear is available.

I did beta testing the other day and while in combat in raid I was hovering around 2.1k cb. I was still able to top most parses and the other T1's were right behind me. I currently have all bis gear for AoM with the exception of Brell helm ( thanks Daray ). Anyway I suspect warlocks wont be useless to me until a month or 2 into expansion.

Like I stated in another thread fc should be changed to be based off of potency and recast be lowered to 1 min with the boost to potency lowered by 2.5 times what it currently is. This will keep it in line to what it currently is on long fights, and at the same time lower its damage on short duration fights ( which is what most people cry about ). This will also lower the value of an fc reset.
  6. Foretold Well-Known Member

It needs to be based of potency or something else to retain scalability. Or get rid of the CB cap.

My raid performance last night is partially based in not knowing the zones. Warlock DPS is so situational (Is it single target? Are there a lot of mobs? How many mobs? Are they linked mobs? Are there adds? When do they join? When is the opportune time to reach and/or use 180 increments... etc), and there's no way to plan in advance for what a mob is going to do when you've never seen it before. Other DPS can just point and nuke... so there's that.

I've been running over 2K CB in beta raid already, gninja-buffed with all new expac gear, all 100% infused, so I'm already losing potential DPS when I hit FC. And yep, its just going to get worse further in.

So yeah... DIE DIE DIE, T1 days over, etc. Sigh. I'm tired of getting kicked in the nuts already.
  7. Eles Well-Known Member

/hug

[IMG]
    Xulos, Karsa, ZUES and 1 other person like this.
  8. Eles Well-Known Member

so, the warlocks are the new utility for raids?
    Karsa likes this.
  9. Foretold Well-Known Member

LOL, if only we had utility...
  10. ZUES Well-Known Member

Raids are a team, not an individual player. We don't build raid forces around warlocks.
  11. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

You do realise Hemo has been effectively capped?

Warlocks are hardly in a bad place at all. Yes long term FC may need looking at, but you are hardly going to be the new bruisers/beastlords.
    Laserbeak likes this.
  12. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm rather disappointed in mine these days and may delete it as well.
  13. Azhurial New Member

Miasma, Propagation, 2.5% accuracy, 5% resistability reduction, Bulwark of Mana, Volatility, Vacuum Field, the best power drain in the game Dark Siphoning, and soon to be raid wide encounter based damage proc. I know right, what utility?
    Karsa likes this.
  14. Anunnaki Active Member

If a Summoner shouldn't be beating sorcs "EVER" then why would anyone "EVER" play one? Summoners have FAR less utility than both Sorcs, even less since ETox was changed (and especially true for a conjy.) What would a summoner bring to a raid if they weren't competing on parses?

This kind of nonsense needs to stop. Summoner's *are* T1 despite all you whiney sorcs trying to say otherwise (and the devs not really knowing how to get things to work properly with pets, but that is a completely different can of worms.)
    Xulos and Karsa like this.
  15. Foretold Well-Known Member

Yeah, and I'm the ONLY one who cares about my parse in the raiding universe *rolls eyes*. My DPS contributes to the success of the team. If I'm not producing, I'm a drag on the team.
  16. Foretold Well-Known Member

So if the warlock's DPS were say, on par with... oh I dunno, an illy without mimicry... a raid would say, hey we still want to bring that warlock for her miasma and that great power drain and heal on dark siphoning! Ah, no. Warlocks are brought to raid for DPS. DPS and maybe personality :D
  17. Foretold Well-Known Member

Yes, I know that. And you know warlocks have also been effectively capped.

I'm not going to delete my warlock. I'm going to keep raiding with her and see how it pans out. When it becomes embarrassing, I'll main change to necro and show Gigglezzz how its really done...
    Belenos likes this.
  18. quisling Well-Known Member

..don't make me switch to my offensive spec....
    Belenos, Eles and Karsa like this.
  19. Yards Well-Known Member

Lets not go overboard and say warlocks are going to be parsing like an illy without mimicry. When cb reaches its cap warlocks will drop to lowest parsing t1 on most fights.
  20. Azhurial New Member

I was simply informing you that you do have utility that you apparently don't know about. Also, are you saying that you are now parsing like an illy without mimic? You might want to consider healing...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.