Server Consolidation FAQ

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Finora Well-Known Member

It might not work well with your names, but I just added a double of one of the vowels in the 2 names of the two characters I had to redo. It worked out pretty well, though I do keep mis-typing the names. :( I hate the whole renaming thing.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Can you do the "double-vowel" name change for yours? If I remember anything about Finnish/Saami, there's a lot of doubling up there, not only in vowels but consonants...

Of course, if that happens, for all I know, it may change the word or name completely... X-P

Good luck! :)

Uwk
    Kittybock likes this.
  3. Lynyrdspoppop New Member

Still locked out of Halls or Fate -this merge went very badly !
    Rajaih and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Crud--I should try getting in and see if it works for me... :-/

Uwk
    still working on Storms' folks, but a quick look-see (or not) couldn't hurt...

EDIT: well, I got in, but then again, I'm on Gold here; I know folks have been having issues with getting on with Bronze/Silver accounts...good luck, all! :-/
    Rajaih likes this.
  5. Badhealer Active Member

I hope they do not do the final merge until they resolve enough so F2P characters no longer have to be put in a black hole queue (it was over 20 hours at one point) Freeport was created for F2P characters, locking them out would really stick.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ouch! That, I didn't know...I have a number of Silver folks on non-Horde servers (that aren't AB, Crush, Everfrost, Splitpaw, Storms, or Test), but I haven't tried to get them in yet. :-/

Uwk
    waiting 'til after finishing NotD to risk even scarier horrors with the Silvers... X-P
  7. Baralron New Member

Thanks for comments above. Being F2P I now understand why I have an 8 hour queue to play on the Halls of Fate merged server.

I have a question though. My characters that were on Guk are there in my list - but as they are on a server that is down I cannot delete them. Do I just wait for them to disappear?
  8. Finora Well-Known Member

Did you delete your login cache? I believe that is what people were told to do that have seen that problem.
  9. Pyrosandstorm New Member

So, when I created my new character I accidently made them on the Freeport server rather than Permafrost, where I have a bunch of things in the shared bank that I want still, in part because I spent real money on some of it. I no longer have a character on the server, but in the past everything seemed to still stay there even after I had deleted all characters from the server before creating a new one. I saw that with the server merge Permafrost will be merging with Freeport. Even without a character on Permafrost, does this mean that after the server merge happens I will be able to access my shared bank from the Permafrost server from my new character on the Freeport server?
  10. Enoibia Well-Known Member

Personally, I can't see how a shared bank can be maintained without at least one character to hold it.
  11. Eradani Well-Known Member

shared banks are maintained even with no toon on that server (or side of that server on pvp servers). i know at least one person who got a pleasant surprise when creating a new character on a server.

However, i'm not sure how this will work as the extra shared banks are going to overflow on a toon from that server and since there's no toon on this server... if i were you, i'd try to figure out which Freeport toon i didn't need and recreate it on Perma to pick up the shared bank.
    Enoibia likes this.
  12. Enoibia Well-Known Member

That's interesting to know, Eradani.
  13. Pyrosandstorm New Member

I only have one toon. I might create one on Permafrost just to be safe.
  14. Blackdog Member

So no word on naggy merge eh..
    ok.
    ive waited PLENTY long enough.
    Good luck everyone with the last year before they shut this **** show down.
    I for one am DONE waiting on these people to get it together.
    That's at least 6 xpacs and subs from my household gone from your revenue lol, hows all this dicking around working for you guys?
    Thing is, I was loyal. I cared and I paid for it.
    Now, im going to pay someone else.
    and cant even log to crappy old naggy on a Monday morning ...figures..
    I just dled guild wars 2. TONS of people there, EVERY server is just cookin...
    I am actually exited..glad I didn't waste 300 bucks on new xpacs and subs for eq2!!!!
  15. Foretold Well-Known Member

LOL seriously? The merge is happening like this week, I think. Or early next week. I'd definitely rage quit though, because your server was third on the list to get merged, and not first or second.
  16. Maddestmonte Member

Man you were one of those guys talking about having patience just two weeks ago. The timing of this post seems so odd, knowing that two mergers are done and they are just stabilizing some issues tomorrow before attempting to merge us. (also on nagafen)
  17. Blackdog Member

it isn't odd at all, yeah I was talking about patience. you are right. im just out of it is all. my interest is totally gone. im not crying about it I just don't care lol
  18. Blackdog Member

BAHAHAHA, rage quit lol...look, ive been on this game as long and dealt with as much as anyone here. it isn't rage by any means. as stated above, I just ran out of giving a ****. no more ,no less. now, am I going to log onto the server once merged? of course, am I going to play?, again more than likely, am I paying? not until I see something better than what ive seen in the last few years of paying for content I have no access to.
    last first or second. I was happy to wait until the xpac release, as things developed, I lost interest. simple. no rage involved
    I see how confusing it is when caps are used, ill try to remember it signifies unbridled anger to some of you guys..
  19. Occam Well-Known Member

Dear devs,
    Don't listen to him, please take as much time as you need to make the final merger go a smooth as possible.

Seriously though Blackdog, considering how much trouble they had with the first two mergers, I'm more than happy to be pulling up the rear. Hopefully they'll have most of the bugs worked out and it'll be fairly uneventful.
    Pyrosandstorm and rainy1 like this.
  20. Blackdog Member

hey I dig, im completely fine with whatever. wait till next yr, wait till the end of time. I for one just not paying to keep waiting. I been waiting years already. I hit a wall. nothing personal to anyone involved. my personal limit to what im willing to keep paying for has been met.
    At any rate, posting in this thread about not caring is too contradictory even for me, so im done with that as well.
    Cheers, see ya after it all settles out!!!