DISCRIMINATION

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Stammel Desperado, Oct 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stammel Desperado Active Member

You know, this que waiting time for the F2P players, and all the events you're doing for those that do pay, and leaving the smaller ones out is called discrimination. If someone really wanted to, they could EASILY take this into any and all legal matters possible, and win.

This fixing ********, just to break sometime else is really getting old. I've paid for this game for 8 years, and now that I can't afford to pay for it, you guys are treating us like trash? You really should just shut your doors, and give EverQuest back to SoE. At least they included ALL, and I mean ALL, members in all events they had. They didn't discrimiate on anyone, just because they work a minimum wage job, or live on unemployment, disability, and etc. This is really getting to the point to where I'm ready to seek any and all legal actions necessary, and make you pay for the incovienence you've caused, and demand the money that I've paid for the 8 years of membership back, plus what I've invested in Station Cash/Daybreak Cash, as well as what I've invested into kronos.

Come on Daybreak, get your **** together. Seriously. Quit being like WoW, and stop being dumb.
    s7n7a7k7e likes this.
  2. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

The reason for it has already been explained a hundred times, not to mention there are a dozen threads on the topic. You'll have to wait for the dust to settle after the server merge. Inconvenient, but temporary. Deal with it.
  3. Stammel Desperado Active Member

Notice the post didn't just include the merge. It includes EVERYTHING dealing with all members. All the events, they hold exclusively for those that pay. If it wasn't for the free to play, which is MORE than half of the EverQuest game, they wouldn't have a reason to keep the game going. It really is bullcrap.
    s7n7a7k7e likes this.
  4. Deveryn Well-Known Member

It's still the same overall topic. I've made and seen similar comments in each other one that has shown up.
    Nelie likes this.
  5. Medicinal Active Member

I never understand folks who say stuff like "I paid for 8 years, now I don't pay but you should still treat me like I am paying, cause I did pay for a really long time." It doesn't matter how long you paid for, you're not paying now, you get what they choose to give you, and in this time of transition that's not much, because they chose to prioritize the folks who are paying. It is discrimination, but it is legal discrimination. They are not legally obligated to give you something for free now just because you paid for a really long time, but stopped. You wouldn't ask a gym to keep letting you use the facility after you stopped paying just because you had paid for a really long time.
  6. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

What event? Like Double XP, Double Status? Absolutely should ONLY be a perk of All-Access. You tell them to quit being like WoW, they should be exactly like WoW F2P and only let you get to level 20.
  7. Stammel Desperado Active Member

The overall moral is, they need to stop discriminating.
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

If free to play members got exactly the same thing as all access, why would anybody BE all access?
    All access members are paying for all those 'perks' you claim are 'discrimination'
    Spextasy, Laiina, Wirewhisker and 9 others like this.
  9. Xevran Well-Known Member

I agree with you about the special events, but free to play keeps games alive. That's how the scene is right now, the only reason WoW can get away with what they do is because they have way more players than any other MMO. WoW is the only pay to play MMO that's successful around still, I wish people would stop acting like free to play is ruining their game when in reality it's probably the only thing keeping it healthy.
    Filly67 likes this.
  10. Malleria Well-Known Member

Please record the conversation you have with the lawyer and post it for us. We could all use a laugh.
    Germs, Wirewhisker, Shesaz and 7 others like this.
  11. Avirodar Well-Known Member

Oh look, another demanding thread from an over entitled freeloader.

I am thoroughly enjoying these. As Malleria said, please make sure to let us know how the legal proceedings unfold (including if the lawyer laughs you out of the office).
    Laiina, Wirewhisker, Siren and 4 others like this.
  12. Xevran Well-Known Member

You realize free to play users do spend money too, right? Or do you just assume that they get everything for free even though EQ2 has one of the most strict free to play models I've ever seen.
    s7n7a7k7e likes this.
  13. Stammel Desperado Active Member

All I'm saying, is that we should get some benefit instead of being **** on. Not my fault my company went bankrupt, or the fact that I was born with a mental disability and can't afford to pay anymore. So, don't be lashing out at me and be rude about something that is simply a matter of an opinon. You guys take the game way too freaking serious. For **** sakes, it's a game. Lighten the hell up, and quit trying to bully people or be ********. It's people like you that cause people with severe depression issues, and other mental disabilties to commit suicide. Way to go! Bravo.
  14. Nelie Well-Known Member

TBH, if you would look over information first about this issue at hand, you would see there are 5000000000000 other threads about this. Sometimes you have to be rude to get the point across. Various F2P players are raging over this. This subject is beyond old.

Just give it time and it will go away.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  15. Nelie Well-Known Member

If they are spending money, be wise and pay a subscription then. There is nothing in the marketplace that is drastically game changing that you need.
    Moonpanther and Avirodar like this.
  16. Medicinal Active Member

It's not my fault I wasn't born wealthy. EQ2 is a luxury, not a human right, and the company doesn't own people anything they don't pay for. While I agree the current queue is probably not the best business model, you can hardly claim they are harming you by denying you a luxury service you are not paying for.

BTW, failure to get the appropriate treatment is why depressed and mentally unstable people commit suicide. If you are considering suicide I encourage you to call a local hot line or 911 and seek help.
    Wirewhisker, Avirodar and Xevran like this.
  17. Syanis New Member

Bwahahaha! Really you think that is discrimination or a matter that has legal implications? Apparently you haven't studied law let alone what real discrimination is what what kind is illegal and what kind isn't. Illegal discrimination is based on Age, Sex, Race, or Religion.... not because you didn't pay for a service. You can always file a lawsuit but it would be thrown out and laughed at and IF Daybreak wanted to could hit with a counter suit that would make you cry and they would win hands down. Any lawyer would agree on this.

Now they can legally offer whatever perks they want to a paying customer who has a subscription that isn't given to the F2P people and its completely legal and isn't even considered a legal form of discrimination. They are paying for a service and receiving the perks they paid for, you are not paying thus NOT entitled to them. Yes it may suck for you but that's your issue.

Further your argument is even more pointless as you can be F2P and through paying plat for Krono have all the same benefits a paying sub has without spending real money.

Its long past time the crazy liberal nuts stop making up what they *think* discrimination and *equality* is. Such is very well defined in the law and has nothing to do with your idea's on what it should be.
    Moonpanther, Wirewhisker and Avirodar like this.
  18. Xevran Well-Known Member

I don't want a subscription, I don't play the game enough for it to be worth it to me. I buy broker tokens, it's cheaper and I'm not losing out on anything I really care about.

If we're being honest here too, I would rather buy cosmetic stuff from the marketplace over a sub, though I admit I haven't really bought anything cosmetic since I started playing again either. Just a few petamorph wands to make my pet look adorable. :D
  19. Almee Well-Known Member

Stammel, even to me your op doesn't make much sense. It is a problem we are all facing whether we pay or not. I have 5 paid accounts (or is it 6 now?) and I've had long waits and been kicked off just as soon as I got a group organized. In fact, it just happened.

I haven't been able to get onto the Beta server with any of my copied toons for a week. These things happen in EQ2. It is because they have tried to have a well-fleshed out game with lots of options for people with different play styles and interests. It is hard for them to change one thing without it having an impact on some other thing.

If you don't want long waits make toons on multiple servers such as Test or one of the EU servers. I can usually get in one of these servers anytime I want to play.

As for being left out of some things because you can't pay, that's just the breaks of the game. I've been through some really rough times, in my life, (one piece of pizza a day paid for by collecting bottles off the side of the road) so I can sympathize with your situation. But, I think you are framing f2p incorrectly and that is making you angry.

DB, and other game companies, have gone out of the way to allow players a chance to see if they like a game well enough to pay to play it. Rather than you having to shell out for a game, and then find out on the third day that you can't stand it, they giver you more than adequate opportunity to try the game and see if it is a good fit for you.

This isn't gammers welfare. They have no moral or legal obligation to make the game f2p at all. Instead of being angry with DB you should be grateful.

Because I am disabled I sometimes get bent out of shape about facets of the game that I feel are being made ridiculously hard, with no point, as they don't enhance the game. Over time, they have modified a lot of these facets.

After lots of negative comments, from others, I have come to realize that I need to look at the bigger picture and that has made the game far more enjoyable to play.

I realize you are just venting your frustration due to not being able to log on in a timely manner. But, I am sure that if there was anyway DB could speed the process up they would. So we just have to give them the time they need.

Try to keep in mind that DB is working on a financial shoestring just like you. They need paying members to keep going so they offer paying members perks. Items sold on the merchant are not their financial base but more like a bonus whose amount, each month, can not be depended upon.

The things you buy allow DB to invest in even better things they can offer for sale. It is the paying player who pays day-to-day expenses to produce and maintain the game.

So try to be happy that you can play, for free, a really awesome game. You may not get all the benefits that paying members get, but you still get a heck of a lot that no other game is offering.
  20. Ruckus Well-Known Member

IMO, if somone cannot afford $15 a month to play this game, I highly doubt they can afford lawyer to sue. Even the ACLU wouldn't take this case.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.