Merge Downtimes: Crushbone, Butcherblock, and Oasis - Updates Inside!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Phano Member

I was logging like crazy on F2P accounts yesterday on MD at that time with no Q.
  2. Phano Member

3. Phano Member

While I believe there is still probably some luck involved I have also managed to get an F2P toon logged in.

Thanks for the heads-up.
  4. Gramma Active Member

My step-daughter tried to log in to Maj'Dul Saturday after dinner. She has a F2P account. She turned to me and said, "Oh. My. God. It's true...there IS a queue. Now I have to wait!!!". "How long is the queue, kiddo?" I asked. "One minute! I have to wait for one minute!!" she said in her most dramatic voice. I laughed my butt off.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and GrunEQ like this.
  5. Phano Member

Well, it's not funny when it's two hours - like it is right now.

Is the Q ever going to go away or is it a permanent fixture at prime time?
  6. Eradani Well-Known Member

see this is why pvp servers are better... cause you can kill the Q

/lol sorry, had to do something to lighten the mood
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

No, you can't kill him; Q is an annoying god-level entity that's impervious to everything! Just ask Capt. Picard! ;->

Uwk
    Gramma, Eradani and Enoibia like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Getting back on a serious note: is it safe yet to place anything new in our houses on the Maj'Dul server? Or will items still disappear forever? :-/

Uwk
    who has quite a lot of stuff from 2006 that is probably irreplaceable, and would hate for a new thing to save itself by destroying an old one... X-/
    Eradani likes this.
  9. Adevil Well-Known Member

Posted Monday:
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  10. Siren Well-Known Member

Okay, this was hilarious. You win a giant internet cookie! :)
  11. Eradani Well-Known Member

[dark elf chocolate chip cookie] plz and :D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Siren like this.
  12. Poisonhawk Active Member

Hmm Freeport is not even part of all this and things are messed up here anyway. The drop character to character select screen when you try to port somewhere is high again. Anyone else having these issues again? People in my guild are but just wanted to see how wide spread it is.
  13. forgetfull New Member

Could someone please make the queue timer count down instead of up?
    Finora, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Phano like this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

::sigh:: People have been using countdowns since at least Sputnik, yeah, you'd think... :-/

Uwk
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

There is a thread on that in the Support forum; I'm not sure how far they've gotten to solving anything there... :-/

Uwk
    who hopes that there's at least one Red Name looking in on that one...
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Whew! Thanks! :)

Uwk
  17. Detor Active Member

Yeah, no kidding you can log in, have no queue, get kicked while zoning, try to log in again, only to have it tell you there's a 3 minute queue, you walk away, come back 30 minutes later and you are still in the queue and now it says 3-4 hours estimated. Bad thing is - before work in the morning server is either down for scheduled maintenance, or crashed for unscheduled maintenance, then after work in the evening you have a window of about 30 minutes to get in game, and if anything happens to log you out - that's it. You aren't getting back in that evening. I see a lot of people on Maj'Dul transferring over to Antonia Bayle as soon as they can.
  18. forgetfull New Member

Yeah, but the thing is; it isn't recalculating. I timed it. It's literally increasing 1 minute per minute. It looks more like botched programming than an actual delay.
  19. Detor Active Member

Also, if you are creating a new character, when the queue is in effect the character select screen doesn't even show the server as 'Heavy' population. That kind of seems odd to me, why the queue when the server isn't even populated enough for the server to report as heavy population on server status?
  20. Masudo New Member

Have not been able to log to Maj'Dul all week. Each time the queue is 1 to 5 hours and the server is just medium workload. In the 20 + years playing EQ and EQ2, I have had a login queued.