Merge Downtimes: Crushbone, Butcherblock, and Oasis - Updates Inside!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Deveryn Well-Known Member

There is a definite bias against free players, but there's also a lack of consideration when it comes to paying customers. The selective queue would not have been such a big deal if it had actually prevented any issues. It didn't. The initial rush still saw a lot of people crashing and having housing issues. All the while, members were still allowed to pile in and make matters worse. What sense does that really make? That's some seriously poor planning and execution.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  2. Maldek Active Member

I find it incredibly hard to believe that this game is popular enough to warrant 3+ hour queues
  3. Badhealer Active Member

Are you still experiencing 3+ hour queues? I am able to get right in with a FTP account.
  4. Blackdog Member

Ah, cant wait to be with you Freeport dinks..gonna be so...fun?
  5. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

If they added an "X" to the end because there was another character with the same name then you are supposed to get a free name change, so you'll have a chance to think up a new name.
  6. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

They have added instructions on how to change your name to the first post in this thread.

(sorry about the second post, I can't find the edit button.)

---
    Wierd! :confused:
    This post and the next one have edit buttons but not the previous post?
  7. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

The titles are still messed up.
    My character has got a choice of Butcherblock, Crushbone OR Oasis.
    I wonder if that was because there were Acumia's on all three servers?
  8. Lamatu Active Member

The queues still happen every night around prime time. Raiders logging in most likely contribute to these high volume times.

The queue for Monday started just before 9pm ET and as always the queue ticks up and not down.
  9. Belenos Well-Known Member

If the server is hitting maximum capacity and causing queues to kick in, then Houston, we have a REAL problem!!
    Adevil likes this.
  10. Edelphia Well-Known Member

How many members are getting a que? I haven't had one yet, on my paid and my free accounts.
  11. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

No queue now, but I keep going linkdead and getting kicked, after 20 seconds or so.

What IS the deal with the titles?
    Surely they are supposed to indicate which server a character came from?
    I just created a new character and IT got all the titles, that's just wrong!
  12. Juraiya Well-Known Member

What time of day are you logging on? I have one paid and one silver account, and at approximately 5:30 PM Pacific each day, when I try to go from character to character doing a harvest pony run, my silver account gets the abysmal queue that just counts up and up. It seems to last until about 11 PM most nights, although last night it ended earlier, around 9:30 PM. The first few days it started at around 2:30 PM, so it IS getting better, but I don't know whether it will actually go away or not.

I've not yet had any problems in the mornings or early afternoons, or very late at night. But peak times - after people are getting off work, and until the majority of players go to bed - my silver account is effectively locked out.

One thing people should consider is that it's possible that any time new content comes out, or a holiday starts, we may end up with the queues again. I suppose that ten minutes wouldn't be bad, but if they're three or four hours again, it's really an untenable situation. (And queues BETWEEN characters will become frustrating, particularly in a case where someone might want to log each of their toons in to get, say, their daily Frostfell gifts.) If DBG is being honest - and realistic - in assessing that these truly are temporary, fine. But my own concern is that this may not actually be the case, or at least that they may come back any time the servers have what they consider "unusual load".
  13. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I noticed all the titles for each character as well. I had just assumed that someone had goofed and forgot to include a character database tag that indicates what server the character was originally from, therefore they later realized they couldn't tell, so they just decided to give everyone all titles. But if they're giving new characters those titles as well, then there's something fundamentally wrong with their algorithm for determining the titles.
  14. Phano Member

I thought the q madness was gone. The Q is back. Getting q'd on alt accounts.
  15. Phano Member

EverQueue II
  16. Phano Member

Return of the 4 Hour Queue
  17. Ratmaster2000 New Member

actually as of 8:41PM PST 5hr 40m, this is ridiculous.
  18. Badhealer Active Member

Odd, I just logged in Maj'Dul with no queue using a FTP account. 9:14pm PST. am I just lucky?
  19. Phano Member

I'll let you know ...
  20. Lamatu Active Member

Most of the raiding on Maj'Dul is between 8pm ET and 12am ET. Maj'Dul has had a queue everyday at this time.