Merge Downtimes: Crushbone, Butcherblock, and Oasis - Updates Inside!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Oct 16, 2015.

1. suka Well-Known Member

i agree with you, but they put out the rules. it could easily be that it is an alt guild and the main lives in another guild. if that is the case, then the main logged one of them in to keep the name. yeah i know, not very active and not very fair, but then, nothing is fair. you can only put out rules and hope it covers the situations.
  2. Laaw Well-Known Member

been playing eq1, then eq2 since 2001 never expect everything to work out first go, nor honest est. to be accurate. that's the way of computers and programming. for as long as I can remember. I wrote my first program in 1972.
  3. Merry New Member

31 Hours and counting.
    Gramma, Scrappyz and Kyriea like this.
  4. Maddestmonte Member

I believe they said minimum 24 hours (as in it could be longer). I could be mistaken in this? And if you are referring to their latest post, they hoped (as in no guarantees but they are trying their best) to get it up by 3pm PST. It is currently 2:11 PST so even by that timeframe they are still within it.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. suka Well-Known Member

Murphy's law - if anything can go wrong it will- and usually at the worst possible time. at least they are working on it
    Griffon Lady, Kurisutaru and Gramma like this.
  6. Stardrama Member

It's after 2pm and Butcherblock, err, MajDul, is still locked. Can we get an update please? Are we looking at Thursday for the servers to be working?o_O
    Kyriea likes this.
  7. Kyriea New Member

You know I understand there are going to be some issues at first however considering that they expect our payments to be on time I don't see where we should have to wait for their service to be on time as well.
    Seriously, I had hoped they would be better than SOE was with issues like this... all their (daybreak) hype and they are just the same thing different name it would appear.
  8. Raisie Member

Unless I missed another update the last one I have says 2pm pdt. If that is still the case then they are late again.

UPDATE #3 Maj'dul is down for a short maintenance. We're aiming to be up before 2PM PDT.
    Dolphinsgal, SLAMR and Scrappyz like this.
  9. Laaw Well-Known Member

Bad ranger. missed again
    suka and Gramma like this.
  10. Rifuul Anashti's Goon Squad

I'm not ranting angrily about the server merge not being done, so please don't misinterpret that post. DBG probably has to iron out the folds and glitches in the system, and that takes as long as it takes. I'd honestly rather it take a while and have everything functioning properly than logging and and having a ton of issues, though waiting had never been a hobby of mine.
    I PERSONALLY am a little anxious because one of my toons has been from LDL server to Crushbone (which happened while I was not in-game)--which will now be a part of the new server, and I'd like to be for the opportunity to take part the renaming and all that jazz. I want to make sure I don't miss anything. as I did last time something similar to this happened.
    suka and Gramma like this.
  11. Shaie Active Member

Sadly, by that logic MY guild would be considered a dead guild because none of the other members have logged in for at least 6 months. There is only one other account besides me that has played in the last 12 months & I've no clue when or if she will ever return. I don't log in daily, because I don't play daily & even when I DO play daily I might not log into one of my characters in my guild but one that's in another guild. I understand your point & I agree that if no one has logged in at all for at least 12 months then age of creation should not matter but hopefully you'll be able to get your guild name back. My fear for you is that IF that other guild does actually only have 3 accounts & IF those accounts have not logged into that guild for 2 years, then who took your guild's name when the server booted up again? There were some awesome name suggestions for you if you do need to change it slightly, personally I like "Solstyce" better than "Solstice" anyway & "Solstice of <something>" is even more unique & not likely to require a change in the future.

I'm extremely grateful that I do not have to change any of my character's names, if by some strange chance I have to change the guild name I'm ok with that but at least I now have something to do other than keep checking the login screen as it's time for my chiropractor appointment! Good luck all, see you in a couple hours!
    Spindle, suka, Kyriea and 1 other person like this.
  12. Stardrama Member

Yes, they said 2pm. Since we are a bit beyond that time, I was hoping for a newer update? I'm just hoping these fixes are not going to push the unlock time until tomorrow. Hoping for some positive reinforcement from Daybreak here?
    Kyriea likes this.
  13. Raisie Member

I'm actually not sure someone did take the name. It has been SolsticeZ on eqwire for weeks. Bloodlust has also been BloodlustZ on there. Today BloodlustZ logged in and changed his name back to Bloodlust. I have no idea if someone logged in under the regular Solstice. All I know is we were SolsticeZ and when I tried to rename us back to Solstice it change it to NAME. LOL Guess I will find out if the game ever comes back up.
    Shaie and Jinksie like this.
  14. Kyriea New Member

Shaie said "but at least I now have something to do other than keep checking the login screen as it's time for my chiropractor appointment! Good luck all, see you in a couple hours! "

That is if they have anything up by that point.
    Shaie likes this.
  15. Maddestmonte Member

That's a fair point, but I believe you would find it all covered under the user's terms of agreement if there are any refunds or anything covered for server downtime. I believe everyone that accepts the terms of conditions, ie enters into a payment agreement with daybreak games has to checkmark a box saying they have read and understand these conditions. I'm not going to look at it today, but by all means, go and have a read and see what it says in that subsection?
    Kyriea likes this.
  16. Asavi New Member

I'm from Bloodlust on Oasis (former)--we've been around since 2010. I know Solstice is another guild that's been around a long while. We all want our names to stay ours! Here's hoping they get it sorted before I have to go back to work! lol
    Jinksie and suka like this.
  17. Dolphinsgal Active Member

I have a sinking feeling the server won't be playable until tomorrow at least for me I'm not staying up till midnight or after waiting on the game...unless I can't sleep then that's different.

Raisie I loved your name Solstice and really hope you get it w/out the Z and really not name lol. Personally I liked Solstice of Oasis if you have to change it.

An update from dev's would be nice but they are prob working on other things too and don't have the time or lose track of time.
    Kyriea and Raisie like this.
  18. Sharp Shooter Member

Well, Just tried to log in - and earlier - had all 13 toons - now only have 4 toons showing up. Making progress, I guess
  19. Kyriea New Member

Mattestmonte said - "That's a fair point, but I believe you would find it all covered under the user's terms of agreement if there are any refunds or anything covered for server downtime. I believe everyone that accepts the terms of conditions, ie enters into a payment agreement with daybreak games has to checkmark a box saying they have read and understand these conditions. I'm not going to look at it today, but by all means, go and have a read and see what it says in that subsection? "

I am sure it is but it is common practice in the past when they have been unable to deliver, hence I do not feel I am asking /wanting too much.
  20. Sintara New Member

I'm not upset. ... that's a lie. What I want to know is...are they going to compensate us. I have now missed out on roughly 2 days of double xp. I'm working on 2 toons to get from lvl 92 to 95 and ordinarily I can do this but I really need those 2 days back :). I understand the developers are working hard and sooner or later we'll get our server up. So how's about it Devs? Hummmmm? Must be something you can smooth our feathers with.
    Asavi likes this.