Merge Downtimes: Crushbone, Butcherblock, and Oasis - Updates Inside!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Kyriea New Member

Fingers crossed that it will be fixed this time. o_O
    suka and Rifuul like this.
  2. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

The only important thing in that whole statement! ;)
  3. Katzandra Well-Known Member

When I logged on this morning, I discovered that I had to log on to character select and choose a character directly. Oasis no longer exists so the characters you try to log in to Oasis will keep getting the server not available. If you log on to your character select, you should find at least some of your alts listed for Maj'Dul with the server locked.
  4. Rifuul Anashti's Goon Squad

[IMG]
    suka and Laaw like this.
  5. enada Member

you gotta love it when the guild they give your active guild name to has not logged in since 2012
    Edelphia likes this.
  6. Laaw Well-Known Member

send coffee to dbg offices
  7. Breanna Well-Known Member

Coffee yum going to go make some ;)
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  8. Laaw Well-Known Member

think Ikea chairs
  9. Blackdog Member

funny you have a picture of a child..thats what a lot of you sound like...my 3 yr old...he wants his candy NOW!!!
    I find it soooo hard to believe you guys cant find something to do other than grouse about this. dgb team is very likely SCRAMBLING to get this done, I envision lots of frantic people running around working their ***** off on very little sleep.
    on the other hand, its fun to see you all lose it lol. Leaves me to wonder how ya handle REAL problems...

Threats and Demands, INCOMING!!!!
    suka, Phoenix and Breanna like this.
  10. Gramma Active Member

At the moment, yes. There's not much else to do while everyone's at work but read, watch Netflix, and play Eq2. I can't wait until I feel better, then I can get out of this house and do stuff again. Thanks for the well-wishes.

:)
    Maddestmonte likes this.
  11. Laaw Well-Known Member

wow that was serious. thanks for sharing. in response to blackdog
  12. Breanna Well-Known Member

Agreed Blackdog try running your own business and see the real problems there.
  13. suka Well-Known Member

relax everyone. so they thought it would be only 24 hours. they tried and hopefully the next merger will be smoother because they are learning from ours. and yes for some people, eq2 is their life. not that there is anything wrong with that. but there is so much else to do on the net and you can go play on test. but just think - at least it isn't going to take a week to get it done. and goodness- what would you do if another hack came and we were down for a few weeks?
    Dendrelis and Charoite like this.
  14. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

I would have to go outside.. /shudder :eek:
    suka likes this.
  15. suka Well-Known Member

how do you know that? first of all, anyone in their guild could have logged in and had to within the last 60 days to have gotten your name. second, if you are going by eq2u, which is an awesome site, some of their members may have chosen not to share their status so it may be that those who logged in didn't get shared and so would not have been seen
  16. Gramma Active Member

No one's demanding they get it fixed right now. People are just commenting their observations on what's going on. There was a moment when we were all logging in to the new server and checking our toons and guilds to see about renames,then they announced they were 'bouncing' the server and everyone was kicked out of the game. The dev who was regularly updating progress on the server merge suddenly fell silent and people do what people do, they speculated about how and when it might be fixed and joked a little about not hearing anything. It's not a big deal, but no, people aren't going to shut up just because you think they ought to. It's a forum and the purpose of the forum is for the devs to get feedback on their product.

Also, I am fairly certain that the devs who are in charge of answering our inquiries and comments here on the forum are not the actual programmers. I'm pretty sure those are two separate jobs altogether. I might be wrong, but if I am, then there's something very wrong with a company that expects its programmers to run the customer service department as part of their job description.
    Rifuul and suka like this.
  17. suka Well-Known Member

i do hope you feel better soon. it is a drag to be on bedrest and not be able to do anything else.
    Gramma likes this.
  18. Blackdog Member

only thing you can plan on is nothing is going to go as planned. certainly getting upset doesn't help at all. im not even on the servers being merged, so still sitting on a dead server and waiting weeks more for our merger. but you know what, im totally cool with it. Our guys gave it a lot of thought and put a plan into motion and I appreciate it. I can wait because I know that this is going to breath new life into a game I love at least for another xpac or 2. Look forward to what is going to happen with new merges and new content. Don't complain because your individual plan for the day was waylaid by PROGRESS, be happy they give a **** about us and want to make it BETTER.
    suka likes this.
  19. Raisie Member

Very true BUT I don't consider an active guild to be one that logs in once in last 60 days. To me, an active guild has different members that log in many, many times a day. Not 3 accounts that haven't logged in in over a year. Either way, their game their rules. I don't have to agree with them and can voice my opinion here like everyone else.
    Kyriea and suka like this.
  20. Kyriea New Member

It is time & it is still locked :confused: :oops: Now I'm starting to get pissed... we are going to get some extra XP bonus for all this right... being the guinea pig for all the other server merges.