Merge Downtimes: Crushbone, Butcherblock, and Oasis - Updates Inside!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Raisie Member

At this point Ill take anything but Name
    Kurisutaru, Juraiya, Gramma and 2 others like this.
  2. Laaw Well-Known Member

on eq2u I was able to do a global search on my guild name
  3. kluxor Well-Known Member

cross server instances i'd imagine would create much more of a headache than fixing missing houses and guild names. with the servers merging you'll have a combined economy on the broker, populated guilds, etc....things that cross server dungeons wouldn't fix.

plus I truly think cross server dungeons would totally break the economy of the game if they allowed trading of items with groupmates and they'd be used more for trading items cross server than their intended function of running zones. another note....how many times do you run an agnostic dungeon and get queued up with 4 fighters, a scout, and a mage....or with a bunch of scrubs. no thank you
  4. Laiina Well-Known Member

We had no problem renaming our "Z" guild back to original.
  5. Raisie Member

I wonder if that was allowed and that is why they took game down again. Hmm
    Feldon likes this.
  6. Dolphinsgal Active Member

DB could decide to offer cross server instances in the future but the merge prob sounded better at the time. Like kluxor said the merger will help guilds, local economy and other things atm. I was nervous about the merger but saw the point and need in it but just b/c we have the mergers happening now doesn't mean that DB won't try other things down the road. Crossing servers sounds easy but has to be a programmer's nightmare even with lots of time to figure it out. I wouldn't want the programmer's job on an easy day let alone a complicated one, just glad someone else wants the job.
    Breanna and Charoite like this.
  7. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Not cross server dungeons, full out cross server travel. You know how you can use the statue in main cities to go to the Battle grounds? It would be like that, but open a list of servers you can travel to. You'd zone to the same spot, complete open world, just a different server, and with a server tag on your name from the server your toon was created on.

Do not forget, cross server travel has already been done, only Battle grounds is the only server any one can travel too aside from leaving it and returning to their own.

If the economy is your biggest worry, I pitty you.
    Kurisutaru, Juraiya and suka like this.
  8. Laaw Well-Known Member

I was a programmer almost 30 years ago, I would not like to do game programming. too much whining goes on. much rather enjoy the efforts of others
    Lateana, Breanna, Juraiya and 2 others like this.
  9. Laiina Well-Known Member

Read that there could be duplicate guild names when renaming, that might be why they are resetting it.
  10. suka Well-Known Member

that is just it. they would not allow trading. the only thing that would be allowed is grouping. check out how rift does it. you would be amazed at how easy and how satisfying it can be.

and you misread- not dungeons- servers. it should be easier to implement once the mergers are completed. that would make only 4 servers to cross travel with -so less of a headache.
  11. Dolphinsgal Active Member

If they did cross server travel why not just merge into one server?
    I'm playing devils advocate here I can see the good and bad in both sides.
    I can see people exploiting things that are offered on the servers that aren't their orig ones. But it would help people meet others they wouldn't have and could help with getting groups together.
    I did miss read your orig post...sorry about that.
  12. Brewmaster New Member

LOL BIG SURPISE !!!!! HHAHA
  13. kluxor Well-Known Member

the fact that they would have to put limitations on what you can and cannot do in a cross server instance is evidence that merging the servers is the superior option
    Laiina likes this.
  14. suka Well-Known Member

again, what is to exploit? if you are cross server traveling, you don't move to the new server, you visit it. if you open broker you only see your own server. if you open housing, you only see your own server. you can't trade with other people, only group with them. you can loot there, but not give anything away or sell anything. really is a great solution. the reason for the merges, however, was not just because of the lack of groups. it was because the lack of people made the servers more expensive to keep up. it was about money. so once those are complete, maybe they will think about cross server travel.
    Zenovia likes this.
  15. Gramma Active Member

There are other factors for the naming policy. If the other Webbie logged in during the past 60 days and her toon was made before yours, she gets to keep the name.

I feel your pain, though. I had planned to rename one of my toons after my Grandmother only to discover that there is already a toon with that name running around on Maj'dul...and that character is male! Lol. I have a list of back-up names for each toon, though so I just checked that one off and tried the next one.
    Charoite likes this.
  16. suka Well-Known Member

even in merging, there are still limitations and you will find that there will still not be as many people to group with. in cross server travel, you get to meet people from other servers and group with them and make new friends. it would make the game come together in a new way and encourage community. i think she has some great points and other games have done it with no problems.
  17. Gramma Active Member

Webbietoad is cute, too.
    Juraiya and suka like this.
  18. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Well, if they merger everyone into one server, there would be a much larger group of people and guilds losing their names (All The problems and lost items from this merger would seem like nothing.
    Krono prices are already being manipulated. (How is it people are more worried about a digital economy than people's happiness? Why not object to expansions with the inflation that always follows? good grief... flipping economy is not hugely different on different servers, and honestly, being able to travel and find an item not available on my server sounds pretty good to me.)
    Another thing about one server vs server travel is the ability to escape all the trolls and ****** contests by going to a server with fewer people. (My personal favorite)
    If something brought a lot of players in, one server would explode and we couldn't create a toon on another server to pass the time (or at least get the daily mission done)
    I can go on with a list of reasons to not have every one merged onto one server, but I have to get going. :\ Was realllly hopingto get logged in at least long enough to see weather or not my guild name got stolen too. /sigh
  19. Dolphinsgal Active Member

Some servers like Antonia have special events that the other servers don't have, if server travel was an option all of us would have the option to go there but some could pot exploit the event. I see where it would be helpful to us all esp if there were limits on trading/selling/gifting items. I do like the idea but have a feeling someone would find a way to make it exploitable. I'd like to meet new people and see how other servers are playing if one is more flexible than others with grouping esp when RL breaks into Game Life.
    shadoweddarkly likes this.
  20. Raisie Member

Curious as to what special events does AB get that the rest of us don't get and why?
    suka likes this.