Terrors of Thalumbra Beta Starts Tuesday, October 20

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Mine was called "BetaServer", and it was a subdirectory of my EQII folder.
  2. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Thanks for checking, Roshen!

Off to go save my aas for my mains...
  3. Rolo Member

4. Tabri Well-Known Member

Ok thanks for the info I have done several Beta's but with a bigger regular hdd and never really payed attention to where all of the files wound up on the drive but now I have formatted to add this new hdd and lost the previous Beta download that I previously had forever. I dont have the room I once had before for this, appreciate the response.
  5. silamdarr Member

Thanks for checking. As long as there is a beta buffer, that sounds good to me.
  6. Feldon Well-Known Member

Awkk, Sigrdrifa, Lucus and 3 others like this.
  7. Rolo Member

Thank you.
  8. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

I am gonna ask this one more time. Do we need to log onto the beta server and delete previous loaded toons before we load in a new beta copy? I dun wanna be stuck some lvl 5 toon or in an unknown zone. Also are houses gonna be available this time or do we needs to bring a truck load of fuels?
  9. Chillin New Member

When will we be able to copy our character(s) to Beta?
  10. Rebelde Active Member

Copy to the beta it's disabled atm. I doubt I can play tomorrow with my main :(
  11. Rebelde Active Member

I'm in Crushbone btw :rolleyes:
  12. Elinea Well-Known Member

Last time I beta copied, it overwrote the toons I had there from a previous beta, and added an X to the name. As a matter of fact, while I only had one copy of the toon (the latest copy), she had like four X's after her name. If you don't mind all the X's, you don't need to delete any previous copies.

Also, last beta, house contents did copy over (as far as placed items) but since I didn't have any personal depots at the time, I don't know if those depots, plus contents will copy.

Caveat: My memory is somewhat fuzzy since the last beta, cause I'm gettin' old and stuff.
    Spindle and FriggaWitch like this.
  13. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

Yeah I be up there in age too:D I just wanted to be sure I have a clean copy cuz last time my housing stuff was all messed up but that's ok I just hope there are merchants around. I just hate all dem x's is all and since last beta me toons have lvl'd up a bit and gots new stuff, lol
    I can't wait to /feedback and /bug lol
  14. Tabri Well-Known Member

Is there an exact time for Beta to be up yet?
  15. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

Oh for a minute I thought that said save my a s s lol ROFL
    Kurisutaru likes this.
  16. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Nope, that'll be after Beta starts ;)
    Kurisutaru and FriggaWitch like this.
  17. Elinea Well-Known Member

I noticed the beta copy button at the character select screen on the test server (please note: TEST SERVER), but still nada on live servers. I got all excited and switched back to live, only to find that beta copy still not enabled. Booo.
  18. dngrmse Active Member

For those of you like me with a version of the Launcher which does not have any clickable 'version' in the upper left corner:

In the lower left corner, click on the 'Advanced Tools' button, then 'Select Game Version' from the drop down window. Choose 'Beta' from the menu, (all the way on the bottom of the list), and it should begin updating your files.
  19. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Exactly what I did :p:p
  20. Finora Well-Known Member

The closest thing to an actual time I've seen is "early afternoon on Tuesday the 20th", which is presumably sometime 1-2 pm Pacific. I suppose really though that it could be anytime between noon and 5pm Pacific. /shrug