Merge Downtimes: Crushbone, Butcherblock, and Oasis - Updates Inside!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Hopefully, this is good for these three servers in the longterm.
    suka, Siren and Lateana like this.
  2. Kurisutaru Active Member

Last year, I found my old copies of live characters were still available when I logged in to help beta test the current expansion, Altar of Malice. I always log into beta server first and check, to make sure I don't already have copies and to avoid getting an X.. :) Hopefully they're still there and I won't have to copy them again.. :oops:
    Siren and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Spindle Well-Known Member

Hmm, here's my plan. Wake up, get a couple of cups of java down, log on to Beta. If my old beta alts are not there make a character, visit the Beta Buffer and play. 24-30 hours later, grab some more java, log on to Maj'Dul, beta copy a couple of characters, play around checking characters on Maj'Dul, log off, log back to beta and play.

No fuss, no muss, no angst. Enjoyable gaming and decent home-brewed java.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

There you go! :D

And no, no, no, no, no, do NOT suggest to the Powers that they try to give us an extra day or something to "make up" for losing us a day in the merger that everyone (else) has been bleating for; the last time they did that, it was because the Powers forgot to pay their server bills and no one could log in for two days. They then "gave" us two days on our subscription "free" and it messed up the Station Cash something fierce for the All-Access folks. X-P

Now, if they extended Nights of the Dead and/or the Moonlight Event to Thursday instead of Tuesday, or whenever the usual cut-off point is (and I know they've extended the Grottoes before, so they have the technology...), I'd be happy with that. :)

Uwk
    Prissetta, suka, Kurisutaru and 2 others like this.
  5. suka Well-Known Member

i forgot that moonlight enchantments is that day also. crud - and @ ambi - some of us didn't want it anyhow. we have it, so they should at least make sure we don't miss out on the things we want to do while getting it.
    Belenos and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  6. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Just updated my Beta installation, and checked my characters there, I have 4 x level 100 crafters on beta, unfortunately they are not level 100 adventurers.

I really do hope there is a way to copy my live chars to the beta server before they take down Crushbone etc.
    Enoibia and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

who knows how long your servers amm server will be down might be DAYS :eek:
    many things can go wrong who knows maybe your send to Drunder by exident and all your accounts are now trapped there.
    MUAHAHA the witch of Nagafen curses you :D
    Giggles nah I hop everything goes smoothly
  8. Truhart7 New Member

My question is: Why have the server merger the same day as the new expansion is coming out? That doesn't make sense, it puts everyone behind on the new expansion. In my opinion the merger should happen before the new expansion so that everyone could be on the same page.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  9. dngrmse Active Member

The new expansion is not coming out on that day. Beta starts...the expansion does not go live until mid November.
  10. Feldon Well-Known Member

I'd guess that beta has been wiped many times since this spring.
    suka, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Spindle like this.
  11. Sandx Active Member

Well at least a few people read my post correctly! I had said that they should give us the extra day missed on the two live events as to make it good for all! I loo forward to doing the moonlight enchantments each month! How ever I can not always get in! May be put the moonlight enchantments to the weekend to make it awesome and have two full days of crafting and shiny harvesting! I love the game, helps me to wake up in the mornings.
    The expansion comes out later! The beta testing starts on Tuesday, same as the mergers start!
    I am will be making sure I have a few different characters over there! Give hubby and I a few to play with!
    Good luck to all of us on Wednesday.
    suka, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Spindle like this.
  12. Alenna Well-Known Member

I'm afraid this time you won't they used the beta server to beta test the TLE servers so everything was wiped from the previous betas. they will have buffbot up and as someone mentioned if you save your AA specs you'll be able to just upload them to the buffed toon.
  13. Alenna Well-Known Member

last time beta was used was for the testing TLE servers.
  14. Siren Well-Known Member

Good luck to Crushbone, BB and Oasis!

And here's hoping you don't need it. ;)
  15. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Well I checked yesterday and whilst the server wasn't up, char select showed I have 4 level 100 crafters , from the pre TLE beta, I think from the beta event that gave out a flying mount reward.
  16. Riea New Member

"Q: Will we get free character transfers?

A: Once the consolidations are complete for all of the worlds, we will open up a one-time free character transfer period for one week for those characters who were moved. This free transfer option will expire after one week."

So I can move my characters from the Maj'Dul server to Antonia Bayle but will be unable to move characters from AB to the Maj'dul server during this week or do characters on AB also get a transfer token?
  17. Nypthes New Member

Beta copying is still disabled for Crushbone. I would really like to be able to take my toons to the Beta, please let us copy them today before the servers go down.
  18. Kurisutaru Active Member

Well, I just checked and at least four of my old copies (from last year, beta testing Altar of Malice) are still there! I can live with that.. :p

*/does the happy dance* :D
  19. Hether New Member

Given that tomorrow is the start of the two day Moonlight Enchantments, will this be extended for at least a day for those who cannot access their characters on the live servers due to the merge?
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yes, please? Heck, if it can't be done just for those servers, do it for EVERYONE?? You've extended that before, o Powers, I know you can do it. ;->

Uwk
    Juraiya and Hether like this.