Merge Downtimes: Crushbone, Butcherblock, and Oasis - Updates Inside!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Roshen Well-Known Member

UPDATE: Hey folks -- the servers are still down (October 21 @ 7:35AM PDT). There's a pending issue the team is working to fix, and we're not going to open it up just yet. No ETA right now, but we'll keep you posted. Thanks!

UPDATE #2: Maj'dul will be unlocked with a small queue so the Devs can test/identity/monitor any issues. It will be opened up to all once they've confirmed everything is good to go.

UPDATE #3 (~12:30PM PT) Maj'dul is down for a short maintenance. We're aiming to be up before 2PM PDT.

UPDATE #4 (~2:30PM PT) Maj'dul is still down for maintenance. Not solid ETA, but this a priority for the team.

Known Issues:

• Titles for Butcherblock aren't being properly granted. There is a hotfix for this planned for Thursday, Oct 22.
    • Guilds and Characters who have appended renames will have a Z instead of an X.
    • Players who were renamed will not receive a rename potion. Please run /rename <name> to complete your change.
    • Guilds who were renamed will not receive a rename potion. Please run /guild rename <name> to complete your change. The guild leader must do this. This won't be available until the next patch.
    • Character logins are slow, and will occasionally cause errors. We're working on this now.
    • EDIT: Housing is now available.

The server consolidation for the Crushbone, Butcherblock, and Oasis servers merging into Maj'Dul will start at Tuesday, October 20, 2015 at 7AM PDT* and this downtime will take 24 hours. These servers will be unavailable until Wednesday, October 21, 2015 at 7AM PDT.*

Note that the Terrors of Thalumbra beta server will also be available to players starting on Tuesday. To learn more about the Terrors of Thalumbra beta, see the link here.

We appreciate all of our players’ patience and support during server consolidations. If you haven’t been keeping up on server merges, you can find out more in our most recent FAQ here.

*Convert this downtime into your local time
  2. Lare Active Member

great news and I like the fact that I can go look at new content while its down! Great planning there!

Will we be able to beta copy before going off line?
    Juraiya, suka, Jrel and 1 other person like this.
  3. Edelphia Well-Known Member

while I want the merges, can't you hold off a day, or at least make beta available for copy on Monday? We can't copy to beta when the servers are down
    Juraiya and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. Hekynn New Member

I think they have lvl up npc's like they did for kos-Kunark if I remember right.
    Jaezah and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Maybe we can copy to beta on Monday? Will that be available so that we can play on beta?
    Jrel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  6. Mysstie Well-Known Member

Ohhhh boy...
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

If worst comes to worst and you absolutely, positively, need to get your gaming fix in for 24 hours (I know I do!) but don't have any toons on any other Live server, you can always come over to Public Test (not Beta, but Test)! We're fun; we're, okay, well, sparse, but we have extra XP there all the time; we have ALL the Advanced crafting books available (finally!! Thank the Powers!) via The Bookworm in the Tower of the Moon in Maj'Dul (go up the stairs to the second floor; he's right there in the bookshelves, like a teeny li'l Strange Cabbage from Bristlebane's Day); we can peek at stuff before anyone else can and not have to worry about losing our accomplishments, and we can create a bunch of new toons there for "free" until we run into that server's limits...and even then, you can still buy extra slots, should you feel the need. :)

Uwk
    Belenos likes this.
  8. Easiette Member

Why merge servers on the release day from an expansion?

Are you even aware of the implications?

we pre-ordered so all the other servers get a day head start?

no chance at making WW discoveries? WW first kill etc

bad idea...even if the merger goes flawless
  9. Enoibia Well-Known Member

It's not release day, Easiette, it's just the day beta becomes available. ToT isn't released until 17th November.
    Feldon, suka and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Juraiya Well-Known Member

@Easiette: It's only beta that's opening, not the actual expansion. That won't be available until November.
    suka and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  11. Easiette Member

Phew ok, thanks for calming me down, moving along :p
    Jaezah, Katz and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

GOOD LUCK you guys I hope all goes well
    Juraiya and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  13. suka Well-Known Member

mm- wondering if my older beta copies will be available. if not, am wondering is beta can start earlier so i can copy to them. don't hold off the merger- just start beta earlier. yeah telling us we can play beta while the servers are down but not starting them until the merger starts is kind of bad form. cancels out the statement "you can play beta while we merge you."
  14. Taiyla Active Member

I have to ask the same question as others have asked. Will we be able to beta copy on Monday before they take our server down? I know I'm not alone in wanting to test the new content with my currently geared toon not one that is bauble leveled. Please allow us to beta copy on Monday even if you don't open the beta server for play until Tuesday. Cut us poor merger guinea pigs some slack.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Juraiya like this.
  15. Juraiya Well-Known Member

This. To me, the idea of being able to play beta (with my OWN characters, not a bauble created one), was the one thing I was looking forward to when the servers will be down. Sure, I can play test, but I don't really WANT to. I want to test out the new content, particularly since I'll be missing out on NotD for 1-2 days on my real server.

As Taiyla points out, we are your guinea pigs; can we please be allowed to play on beta like everyone else, too, please? Instead of kicking us to the wayside and saying "tough"?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and suka like this.
  16. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Just a thought, couldn't the /beta command be done anytime before the merger process starts ? Just wondering, even though the beta server won't/may not be available, perhaps the /beta copy process will just queue the requests until the beta server is opened, or it that too simplistic ? ;)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Juraiya like this.
  17. Naramsin Well-Known Member

Wow! Sounds like the Devs will be busting some hump!
    Is it even possible to do a beta copy any day before the merge day, or is it that you MUST do a beta copy on the day beta testing starts in order to actually beta test ToT?

Whoops! Looks like flameweaver beat me to it!
  18. Liou_Unrest Active Member

19. Sandx Active Member

Okay all fine and dandy but they are doing it in the middle of Nights of the Dead, and The moonlight events! Are we going to get extra time and or an extra day for these events! Next I feel that we should get at least the holiday harvests EQUAL to if not Greater than, from the upgraded pack ponies. As we are not able to log in and get them ourselves and send out again! Hey Daybreak Games please make this right! Just want to play and this is not going to help me wake up! I am not a person to cause or make mischief but I am only asking what may or may not be other peoples minds!
    suka, Naramsin, Juraiya and 1 other person like this.
  20. Ambi Member

Well they can't make everyone happy lol. Guess enjoy the fact your getting a merger.