Tradeskilling in Thalumbra [Expansion Preview]

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Dexella Associate Producer

By: Emily "Domino" Taylor

[IMG]

In the Terrors of Thalumbra expansion, crafters who have reached tradeskill level 100 will receive a letter from Captain Ethan of the Far Seas Trading Company. You’ve assisted him in the past, and he’d like your assistance once again as the FSTC investigates reports of strange elemental attacks that have been occurring all around Norrath. Where did these elementals come from, and why do they appear to have mechanical parts inside them, made of a type of ore you’ve never seen? Your investigation will bring you in contact with old friends and new, as you gather information and piece together a trail of clues that will lead you, if you are clever and diligent, to the mysterious new realm of Thalumbra.

[IMG]

Once in this new region, you’ll need to earn the trust of the local residents, evaluate the situation and the dangers, and learn who you can trust… and who they can’t. Crafters of all adventure levels will uncover the dark secrets in the city of Maldura, work with the locals to try and find solutions, and maybe even find a way that crafting might help to save the city. This expansion brings least 20 new tradeskill quests, plus a tradeskill signature quest and an additional 8 repeatable weekly missions, plus new tradeskill collection quests, and more. Tradeskill quests can be completed at any adventure level, but those who are also level 100 in adventuring will additionally be able to use a new Relic type item with significantly useful benefits in combat.

[IMG]

There is no increase in the tradeskill or adventure level cap, but new level 100 tradeskill writs will be available for those who’d rather use the new harvest materials and recipes, and all 9 tradeskill classes will receive new recipe books and will also have new goodies to earn from the Maldura tradeskill faction. In addition to the normal items each class is accustomed to making (such as weapons, furniture, potions, etc), crafters will gain access to recipes for powerful purple runes, infusers, as well as recipes to upgrade items that will be very useful to adventurers during certain raids. Crafters can also acquire a new Maldura themed set of crafting stations for their home, and more.

[IMG]

Whether or not you’re a level 100 adventurer, there’s plenty for crafters to do and see in the Terrors of Thalumbra. See you in Maldura!

[IMG]
  2. brokenshieldd Active Member

Good news me so Happy =)
  3. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

How long do you think it will take for an average casual player to getting the trust of this Maldura tradeskill faction? And by what means will you be able to gain their trust?

Will it require just the tradeskill quest timeline or will it require repeatable quests as well to max out that faction?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Brax Active Member

Sounds funny. I hope there will be some tinkering recipes too.
  5. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

I'm excited to hear there is a tradeskill faction, and hope there are some cool rewards (lots of housing items hopefully, and maybe an outfit or two!?) :D
  6. Uncle Active Member

faction grinding back nice .. just please got the love of god do not set this up like SF panda grind of only one quest pre day after 20 k faction to make it weeks before we can get our hands on anything worth while
  7. Sohl Member

Not a fan of tradeskilling in EQ2. I get that they try to add a bit of realism to it all but its a huge fail for me.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  8. Stabaholic Active Member

Sounds great. Please don't make any more "home only" items. We live in our guild halls and want everything to be placeable there please.
  9. Amoon Member

Wow, i can't wait to dive into this content... keep up the great work, and thank you for the Best game ever
  10. Willulearn New Member

How does this work, when current tier says 95-105? I've been loading up on resources for nothing?

Also, Please slightly increase the drop rate of spellshards and the like, they are FAR too rare.
    Siren likes this.
  11. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

My hope is that you gain faction by doing actions that require crafting skill and not adventuring. Thanks for the info it sounds exciting.
    Belenos and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  12. Domino Well-Known Member

Completing just the main questline will leave you with sufficient faction to buy your class's recipe books. You'll need to do some of the weekly quests to get to full ally faction for things like the crafting stations, but it shouldn't take too long. Exactly how long is something we'll be discussing in the beta forums once they open and folks are in game to see how it feels. :)

And yes, there are some new tinkering recipes too, though just a few since there isn't a level cap increase.
  13. Chikkin Well-Known Member

I see bag house items!!! in different colors!!!
  14. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Domino, any chance to add to our player written notebook collection? maybe new recipe, using new materials of something where we can write in but looking more like a torn out page? a scroll? a flapping note?
  15. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Thanks for the post! I can't wait to sink my teeth into the new content, both tradeskill and adventuring! :)
  16. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

Been awhile that we've had factions in this game, but looking forward to see how it turns out! Thanks for the reply.
  17. Domino Well-Known Member

I suggest we wait for beta to see what's there before adding new requests... perhaps some of these things are already there! :)
  18. Chikkin Well-Known Member

19. Eradani Well-Known Member

TL: read or don't read: having come back recently, i'm not caught up with all the crafting quests. yesterday i heard about lvl 90 armorer recipe for Mirror of Forgiveness. of course, my lvl 92 armorer didn't have any of the T10 recipe books and the tradeskill merchant wanted 23g. i remembered you got these books for quest rewards from drunder. then i remembered you positively needed to fly so i needed to do the DoV timeline.

ran around doing all the quests and lucked onto a nice order of doing things and ended up getting 30k faction with Thurgadin before i realize it. now i've got the Prayer shawl quest ready to go and am waiting, waiting for the stupid dailies to get the griffon mount.

the other toons that can fly didn't luck into this order and sat around day after day doing faction stuff and IT IS SOOO BORING!!! please just let people grind if they want to. these artificial time delays are just aggravating. so what if someone discos the end line reward on the first day. you know very well that nobody has only 1 crafter anymore so they won't be "done with the xpac" on the first day.
    Belenos and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  20. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Thar be dwarves in these here crafting areas...xD