Ranger - Phelony Doesn't Reset Sniper Squad

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Neiloch, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Neiloch Well-Known Member

I tried posting this in the issue tracker area but apparently its a 'balance issue' which means either the mods there are mistaken or its intended which would be RIDICULOUS.

The proc effect on 'Phelony, Deathbringer' does not reset 'Sniper Squad' when it is on cool down but it does reset the Assassin/Rogue equivalent 'Shadow.'

This creates a severe disparity in power from the item since these abilities are large contributors of performance.
    Doomey, Karsa and Jrel like this.
  2. Jrel Well-Known Member

Phelony should definitely be fixed so that it can reset Sniper Squad.
  3. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Here is the (closed) issue on the tracker btw.
    https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQII-219

I doubt I will be using this issue tracker again with this sort of oversight being administered since I wasted my time submitting a perfectly good and VALID report, apparently. If you want I can point you towards other issue that only effect some classes which should also be closed by this logic of 'balance issues'

Its likely 'Sniper Squad' got missed because it had to work fundamentally different from Shadow since these 'doubles' were incapable of performing ranged attacks without having a ranged weapon (per Xelgad) so they were probably not categorized/labeled exactly the same to be caught by this particular reuse reset ability.
    hwy101 likes this.
  4. Trak Member

It's likely because it's classified as beneficial instead of hostile.
    Neiloch likes this.
  5. Anunnaki Active Member

The reset effect is jacked on a lot of classes and it is completely unbalanced. These need to be reworked if their effects are going to be available on new items in ToT.
    Neiloch likes this.
  6. Neiloch Well-Known Member

That would be my guess. Maybe I'll send in another bug report but instead say Sniper Squad is not properly labeled as hostile heh.

EDIT: https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQII-222
  7. Karsa Active Member

Wow that's terroR-bad
    hwy101 likes this.
  8. Korucuu Well-Known Member

And now it's fixed, yay thank you :)

"Ethereal Onslaught will now correctly reset Sniper Squad."
    Karsa likes this.
  9. Karsa Active Member

Good thing it's a common drop or you buy it off the broker... Oh wait..:(
  10. kluxor Well-Known Member

so first you post complaining about how it doesn't reset sniper squad....now you post complaining that you don't have access to a phelony effect. I think you're complaining just to complain in hopes of assassins getting a nerf, not rangers getting a boost.
  11. Karsa Active Member

Ok sunshine since reading is hard.
    They fixed sniper shot reset .... Took a long while but it's fixed
    2nd my sarcasm was directed at how uncommon it is to get these war- runes in this expaC, where it was mentioned that these effects would not be so rare.

Don't know where ur getting this nerf this or nerf that vibe...but if u want to discuss which ethereal effects benefit certain classes betters than others, pretty we can find something within the shaDows to complain about.

Which sounds less fun not having any of these war runes or, having one that does not work with your class?