Norrath is a Silly Place (with Killer Rabbits)

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Oct 14, 2015.

1. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

• Here I go with the timid little woodland creature bit again. It's shameful, but...ehhh, it's a living.
    • The moral of this story is don't try to steal no eighteen carrots from no rabbit.
    • haha Bugs Bunny what a silly wabbit indeed
    Kurisutaru, Majesty and Siren like this.
  2. Siren Well-Known Member

Um, what's with the Super Bunnies (90s triple arrow up heroics) de-aggroing about a third of the way into the fight? I'm on with my 90s Pally in Antonica. I'm not stepping away or stepping back, they just randomly de-aggro mid-fight, then heal their health back up to full while their bar has turned white (non aggro).

Anyone else had this happen? Bug it?
    Gramma likes this.
  3. Gudum Active Member

Must be a bug - only one's I've found in antonica are ^^^ and only one stayed up long enough to actually kill it, the rest reset after less than 30 seconds, and if they are all this tough no way I'm going to spend the time to kill 50 of them, much less be capable on anything but my best armored character.
    Siren likes this.
  4. Awkk Well-Known Member

I knew it, I knew there was something up with all those sudden hordes of innocent acting bunny invaders showing up everywhere! It was only a matter of time before they unleashed their sekrit bun-thirsty plan of attack!!

Seriously can we get this all year, or at least on all holidays? Particularly Easter? LOL

Trying to level alts on 2xp plus get to NoTD eventually plus this, will never be able to get it done on all the alts in just one week. :D
    FriggaWitch likes this.
  5. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

XD Awesome! Love you DBG peeps!!! <3
    Kurisutaru and FriggaWitch like this.
  6. Balcerak Well-Known Member

The look of the reward item is worth it :)
    FriggaWitch likes this.
  7. Tetrol Well-Known Member

Great fun for all those high level characters - too bad about the scaling - low level characters are one shotted, tank merc takes about 4 shots. Managed about 20% health on one by letting it chew away on the merc while I was healing him flat out. Couldn't care less about achievements, most of all one for being killed 15 times (most of my characters have not been killed 15 times total). Our guild chat is full of those asking where to go to avoid them, putting in bug reports etc. Going to wear REALLY thin after a week.

This coming from a mad Monty Python fan - epic fail.
    bugs and Belenos like this.
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ahmm I happen to have a nice high IQ and I play this game and if you not Knight than you have no busyness to insult us
    but maybe your just the top brainless of us all
    ( ok control yourself after all your a lady Schmetterling )
    people seam to have fun with this and maybe they do this event again if its so badly bugged
    I came to the conclution that I should log out of this game every now and than not just go to Character selection
    I was lucky enough to crash so I saw the new message.
    Well Daybreak promised us an event every week till the next x pack and they deliver it does not matter
    who or what inspired them.
    Siren likes this.
  9. Belenos Well-Known Member

Well if they do not scale, I do hope that they were not put in places that will fubar completing Nights of the Dead quests. Honestly do not see why they would not scale like the level 1 skeletons that change to your level when you get close enough to aggro anyway.

Killer bunnies are not exactly in the spirit of NotD anyway. Now a single, huge, crazy-powerful giant Gila Monster, that appears randomly in random zones at random times and is only present in the world one at a time--if he is up in Antonica will not be anywhere else--spawns and aggros on anything and everything, kills players, guards, if it moves it gets chewed--wrecks havoc for a few minutes, then if not killed, depops in 10 minutes, only to pop at another random place--that I could see.
    Strings and bugs like this.
  10. Valkerie Member

I dont see anywhere "how" to get the quest in the first place? anyone?
  11. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

The bunnies are too challenging. Trying to get to Kaladim with a guildie, have died three times. The bunnies are too powerful. Either reduce the number of bunnies or make them reasonable mobs.
    bugs likes this.
  12. zariarn New Member

So I'm running through Antonica at level 70 and I'm getting randomly attacked by a rabbit!!! I was reminded of Monty Python and the Holy Grail. After reading the news, I now know what's up. It was totally random and strange.

And yes, it killed me.
    FriggaWitch and Moonlit_Evening like this.
  13. Valkerie Member

SO I figured it out.. if you look on EQ2U.. its actually under Achievements>Live events

No quest necc.. but it wont update unless you force a zone update.. so like camp to yourself and then refresh:)
    Awkk and Siren like this.
  14. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

We totally need a Godzilla live event.

This seems to be mostly unrelated to NoTD, it's just a random fall event. XD
  15. Knight Member

took me 10 minutes to get all 50 kills and another maybe, 15 minutes--unequipping myself---to die 15 x... go to rivervale in enchanted lands....small, fast respawns, no one there.......dont need a damn week
    Algarrana likes this.
  16. Louly Well-Known Member

@Knight you sure have a heck of a nerve to be so blasted rude! Daybreak does something that is funny and all some of you do is moan and groan.

Why not lighten up jeez!!!

And Knight I guess I can't take to seriously a rant from someone as your words make you. "Now where is my pic of a donkey rear end" hmmm
    Algarrana likes this.
  17. Ninibi New Member

Frickin hilarious. You guys rock. Hope you get a rez soon. ;)
  18. Knight Member

is that it? kill 50, get a cool hat, then die 15 times, get stupid hat, then the end? thought there was supposed to be like a boss rabbit? no?
  19. Siren Well-Known Member

This thing is harder to tank solo than that Great Pumpkin the professor in Windstalker Village summons. And I know because I just did that one a couple days ago. :p

I would bring a character in the 90-100 range for the rabbits. I can tank one at a time with my Pally, and she's not in raid gear (just quest/MC for her level), but it takes a little while.

They do tend to de-aggro about 1/3 of the way through the fight and instantly heal back to full health, though, at which point I have to wait for my shields/heals to recharge. It's kind of annoying.

I appreciate the effort at something new (and funny), though; Daybreak is only, what, a 15-person team now? It was nice of them to try something fun for us. And it's humorous (especially if you're a Monty Python fan), it just could have used a bit more time in the oven/on test methinks. Hopefully they'll at least patch the de-aggroing issue (that is in Antonica near the klicknik field) soon.
    Algarrana and Moonlit_Evening like this.
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I was so mad at that rude remark .
    I forgot to ask what I really wanted to ask can Beastlords tame those bunnies please please pleeeeeeeeease:D
    and there have been killer bunnies in stories and movies before holly grail.
    I particularly liked the saber tooth rabbit.
    Algarrana likes this.