Bonus XP: Monday, Oct 12 - Friday, Oct 16, 2015

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Roshen Well-Known Member

How about some weekday DOUBLE EXPERIENCE for our All-Access members?

[IMG]

The double experience bonus for Adventure, Tradeskill and AA XP will turn on at noon PDT* on Monday, October 12, 2015 and run until noon PDT on Friday, October 16, 2015!

The Double XP bonuses will be available for All Access members on all traditional servers. While the bonus will not be available on Stormhold and Deathtoll, there are still exciting adventures awaiting All Access members on those special servers. Remember, you must be a member to access Time-Locked Expansion servers.

Not currently an All-Access member? Now’s the time to sign up!

*Time Zone Converter
    Kurisutaru, Karsa, GrunEQ and 2 others like this.
  2. Nooloon Active Member

Another great reason to be a subscriber! You know I dislike coming across as a fanboy, but I honestly cannot think of a better entertainment value than EQ2. I actually feel good about subscribing and knowing my small financial contribution, in the form of a paid subscription, goes toward keeping this outstanding game going.

Thank you EQ2 team!
  3. Siren Well-Known Member

Awesomesauce! What better to go with Nights of the Dead?
  4. Nantoh Member

Great.
    One of my toon is about to hit 100.
    It may happen a day earlier than I thought.
    Edelphia and GrunEQ like this.
  5. Amoon Member

As long as i play everquest 2 i will be an all access member, if you love a game, help support it .. and i do love this game.. 11 year vet
  6. HaphazardAllure Well-Known Member

Wooo another double xp week! My alt army thanks you. :)
    Karsa likes this.
  7. Foretold Well-Known Member

ZOMG the last one almost killed me... I leveled three crafters from 20 to 100. Now my last three 95s are going to demand my attention :S

Thank you!!! I'm going to be well prepared for the new expansion :D
  8. Karsa Active Member

Only 3 krafters your slacking as punishment you level a couple mine...;)
    You can sleep when your dead.....
  9. Vlangdel New Member

Hopefully, I can get the game downloaded before Friday!
  10. Breta Well-Known Member

again? Have you run out of promo ideas?
    Brenvia likes this.
  11. dngrmse Active Member

You don't even have to download the entire game to start playing. Bits and pieces will d/l as they're first encountered.
  12. ltankhsd New Member

Annoyed again this isn't on TLE.
  13. Eradani Well-Known Member

don't forget
  14. Jaenis Member

I can think of one. Elder Scrolls Online is $14.99 for a subscription and yet they give you 1500 crowns a month (your sub fee back) and all current and future DLC expansions are free if subscribed. Hrm....must be why my family/friends and I just canceled over 11 All Access accounts we've had since EQ1 beta. Tired of Daybreak cash grabbing its loyal fanbase and the latest fees for the upcoming "expansion" just nailed the coffins (wallets) shut. Double experience does nothing for established players that already have maxed out numerous alts. Its placebo and DBG keeps pulling this crappy promo out of their hat.

Have fun in Norrath. Was a fun ride.
    Csipi likes this.
  15. Jaenis Member

16. Kristabella Well-Known Member

"While the bonus will not be available on Stormhold and Deathtoll, there are still exciting adventures awaiting All Access members on those special servers. Remember, you must be a member to access Time-Locked Expansion servers."

So, with all the Double XP on the other servers, and I understand and approve not getting the Double XP of the TLE servers, can't you do something for the server during the same time? 35% off Market Place, 50% off Marketplace, Buy One Get One Free... Half off repair kits and debt reducers (which are cheap but at least it is something).

Throw a bone... lol
    Vylotte and ltankhsd like this.
  17. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

First. the 1500 crowns for ESO is about the same value as the 500 DBC here. Second, past level 50 there is practically no non-PvP or non hard mode type content. Third, those expansions are ONLY while you are subbing. As for storage in ESO, well that's a joke really. I bought the Imperial edition for ESO, and subbed to it for a while. It just does not have enough content to be worth subbing anymore. Which is sad, as me and my husband have been big Elder Scrolls fans since the Arena days...

Not saying that it is all roses and happy unicorns here, but of all games, ESO is not one to use to compare to EQ2.
  18. Almee Well-Known Member

I am happy with more double xp, etc. I'm an established player (I think I'm up to 70+ toons on 3 servers now) and I always have toons that can use the bonuses.

This game changes so much, throughout the levels, that there is always something new for me to try out. People think nothing is being changed, at the lower levels, but they are so wrong.

Players aren't limited to just making toons on US servers. The Public Test, and UK servers, offer their own unique challenges. On Test you have to learn to be resourceful and self-sufficient. On the UK servers you have to deal with different cultures and languages.

My next goal is to try the French server to see if I can learn to read and speak French from playing EQII. I understand others have found it quite helpful in learning French.

If you have no characters that can use the bonuses, being offered, it is a shame with so many avenues to new adventures being available. You just need to find them.
  19. Vlangdel New Member

The game was unplayable as it kept stopping to download repeatedly - when it wasn't stalling out while trying to run the game.

Yes. I do have to download that whole game first. I only hope it will run correctly with the whole game downloaded.
    I switched my settings over to "full download" so it won't do this to me again in the future. I would always rather fully download a game rather than have it download while I'm trying to play.

Having the launcher set to "download while playing" was a horrible idea.
    Hiding the option to change from "download while playing" to "full download" is also a horrible idea.
    Having the player pick if they want to get the "full download" or "download while playing" when they first start to download the game is an acceptable alternative.
    I would rather always have any game that I download from the internet to set to "full download" the game before it allows me to play.

So yeah, I was over halfway through when I set the game to "full download". (Which meant that when I changed to "download" from "download while playing", the game started re-downloading from scratch. Really, it should have checked to see which files were already download instead of writing over files that were already downloaded.) Hopefully, that means when the game updates, it will fully download the updates before it allows me to start playing.
    GrunEQ likes this.
  20. Erikk New Member

Man, and I just spent my last $2 on a turkey sandwich for thanksgiving (Canadian).:(