Terrors of Thalumbra Expansion Pre-Orders AVAILABLE NOW!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Oct 1, 2015.

1. beagley Well-Known Member

Believe me, speaking as a European there is an EU, regardless of whether we pay in EUR, GBP, BGN, HRK, CZK, DKK, HUF, PLN, RON or SEK. You are correct in that the base price tag is set by the publisher. However the base price plus the harmonised VAT rate for the country they've chosen to channel sales through (probably either UK or Luxembourg) has a VAT rate set by the government and if you add that percentage to the base price and then do a currency conversion you'll get significantly closer to the price that DBG quote in local currencies than than the price which most people think is the correct answer as they tend to ignore the VAT.
  2. Redd Member

I am in the same boat, the whole thing confused me and I bought the TLE standard thinking that was part of the expansion pre-order. Its on the same page of the advertisement. Now I am told they refuse to refund money or apply said money over to the actual pre-order... They have a strict no-refund policy. Apparently they also have a strict we do not read your petitions entirely... I specifically asked them to either refund or apply the monies to the expac, since they are both the same price... DBG get it together, that whole page is about the pre-order, very misleading.
  3. Vyanne New Member

The pre-order price is deterring since I don't play nearly as much as I used to, even with the little discount for being a member. I already have all the prior content so that "perk" means nothing to me. I have a good mercenary, I've got plenty of houses and I've used the same mount happily for years.

The price of the "standard" edition is almost insulting. The next one up would be the one I get if I decide to budget for it, but as it stands I spend most of my time decorating my houses and farming mats so I can make more house stuff. I think I'll be passing on this one as I don't think I'll be getting my money's worth out of it. I will NEVER pay for the top tier. I can get a nice pair of shoes for that much and get considerably more mileage out of them.
    Mizgamer62, Pipsissiwa and Belenos like this.
  4. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

The problem is that it is one PER ACCOUNT not one per character.
  5. Belenos Well-Known Member

I really expect to see the same bag on the marketplace after the expansion launches--therefore the reason for only giving one per account.
    Mizgamer62 and Malleria like this.
  6. Majesty Active Member

If you get the premium , can they not consider changing this to one per character. At least buff up a bit more the premium version. I'm not trying to sound greedy but it is quite a bit more.
  7. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

Seems perfectly clear to me (while I can also understand how someone could have made the assumption that the TLE pack would have included the game content.)

The TLE pack is just fluff, you don't have to buy it but if you do it gets you the bag and potions and nothing else, for one character. Since it doesn't mention (delayed) expansion content it seems safe to assume it doesn't include it.

Since the game content in the Standard, Collectors and Premium editions is per account it seems obvious that it would apply to the TLE servers when they get that far.
  8. Terabethia New Member

To be totally honest, I think the CE is too expensive. And the PE is so overpriced that I would never even consider it.

With that said, I actually would buy the CE, even at it's current price, IF the items were one per character instead of restricted to one per account. These are not exactly game altering uber items, I don't see the point of such restrictions. Especially considering how much you are charging for them.

Unless a change is made, I am simply not going to spend so much extra to get the CE. Which is sad because up until the latest expansion (AoM) I pre-ordered and always got the collector's edition. But the value is no longer there.
  9. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Only two of the CE items are one-per-account - the 88-slot bag and the baby dragon burbur. The mount, house, recipes, merc, teleport item, painting, and altar are all one-per-character.
    Xillean likes this.
  10. Awkk Well-Known Member

I would almost rather have the bag be one per character than the house!
  11. Pipsissiwa Well-Known Member

At least in UK now, they may fall foul of a new law where even digitally downloaded stuff is now subject to refund laws if it isn't what you wanted/expected or in any way not as described. Came in a few days ago. No such thing as no refunds even on digital stuff if it's sold to folks here any more.
  12. Treson Member

Very poor value for money. I will be buying the standard edition as the benefits from the other editions are worthless to me though I might wait and see if people start gifting the edition upgrades (if that's possible?) for plat/DBC.

I usually buy the Collectors or Deluxe editions but I think DBC got it wrong this and last time by out-pricing themselves. They might have shown reasonable sales numbers for those versions last expansion but my guess is that these were likely upgrades purchased in exchange for ingame currency. I saw a lot of that the first few months of AoM though was too poor to purchase my upgrade.

The sad thing is that now the pre-order is open they CAN'T change the pricing structure or they'd have to refund a lot of people or re-bill them the correct price. What they CAN but WON'T do is alter the benefits afforded to each version of the expansion pre-order. It seems to me that what people want from the pre-order is the 88 slot bag "per character" rather than "per account" (myself included). I think pre-orders should receive research reducers as they did in AoM too and have the stats of the mounts shown to help people decide which edition is for them.

These are things that can be addressed with little work and NO billing issues while potentially selling some more of the extortionate Collectors & Premium Editions. Lets see if that happens?
  13. Filly67 Well-Known Member

It seems to me (if I am reading the options correctly) that DBG has little faith in those of us on the TLE purchasing the expansion in any form since we seem to be enjoying the TLE much more then live. I know that's the case for me since I very rarely log onto live and the only thing we log our four accounts into is Stormhold. So, IMO, they have offered a bundle of stuff to the TLE players that cost the same as the lowest expansion pack in order to recoup some of what they clearly see as lost revenue. I would say that it's a smart move but the price is ridiculous IMO and they really are not getting any more money from this household until live is actually fun again. We have had long term subs for years and that is the only thing I can possibly still see us continuing to pay for. Now I'll just wait and hope for a DBG card sale.
  14. Griffson Member

If it's anything like last expac, the mount and the merc will be useless within weeks, if not days, of launch. The mount from the Sig Quest line was better than the last CE mount, and then the heroic one (Trohdan?) even better. An extra $100 for a soon-to-be useless mount and a handful of potions sounds excessive. If the PE mount was going to be better than what I expect will be a heroic-level "rare" mount then it might be worthwhile. Not feeling confident that will happen though...

And, agree with the others that the 88-slot bag should claim per character, not account. Make it no-trade and no-value for all I care, but having only one is not cool.
    Xillean, Prissetta, Naramsin and 2 others like this.
  15. Tinrae Member

Am I reading the description right for the CE flying mount? It says that it is useable at level 35 - does that mean my little alts who don't craft and who I don't play except to do low level content with guildies can have flying mounts before 85? Because that might actually make the CE worth it for me!
    Xillean, Prissetta and Moonpanther like this.
  16. Beee Well-Known Member

Tinrae likes this.
  17. Merriel Well-Known Member

This question is being addressed to Windstalker, Roshen or one of the other staff who are able to answer this question. I did ask it in the live feed thread, but figure it's probably more appropriately asked here. Actually someone else asked the question there first, and I just replied that I'd like an answer as well.

If we pre-order the basic expansion package now, will we be able to upgrade to the CE later on, as we have been able to do with at least one previous expansion? It seems it would be in DBG's best interests to allow this, as it would open up the opportunity for more sales to those who can't afford to make the full purchase in one fell swoop. It would help to be able to spread the purchase out a bit more over time.

An answer to this question would be very much appreciated. Thank you!
  18. Tinrae Member

19. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

Quit selling slots if you make items per account. I was livid when the 11yr vet reward was per account and I'm surely not paying the premium price for items that are one per account:( I have lots of alts on more than one server, how am I supposed to chose which toon gets an item??
    Xillean, Prissetta, Livejazz and 5 others like this.
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

all is not lost if you get bored of the locked servers you can always go to Drunder " NOW OPEN TO EVERYBODY"
    don't need to be a member anymore.
    Another option ,{ I hope} is to upgrade your standard edition to a better one when it goes on sale.
    If they don't sell enough big packs that might happen sooner than later.
    oops just saw Merriels question