New Daybreak Game Cards Coming Soon!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Dexella Associate Producer

Beginning the week of October 12th, you will see the new Daybreak game cards at U.S. Best Buy, GameStop, and Toys R Us retailers.

The new cash cards will come in two denominations: $25 and $50. There are four card designs in all and every retailer will get multiple copies of each card design. Collect the whole set!

[IMG]

In November, the cards are scheduled to be available in Target locations across the U.S.

Daybreak Cash is the in-game currency that unlocks thousands of cool items, services, and adventures in your favorite Daybreak Games. We appreciate your patience while we roll out these new cards, and we hope you enjoy them!

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: I used to buy cards to pay for All Access membership. Will these cards still work?
    If you previously used cash cards to purchase All Access membership, don’t fret! When you redeem these new cards at the $25 or $50 denomination, you will have the ability to either redeem for all Daybreak Cash or split the redemption between full months of All Access membership and receive the remainder in Daybreak Cash. . The new redemption page will be www.daybreakgames.com/gamecards.

Q: A store near me still has the old SOE game cards. Can I still buy those?
    The former SOE game cards you might still find on retailer shelves will no longer activate on and after October 7th, 2015. This means that you will not be able to purchase the cards from the retailer who must activate the card at the register.

Q: I have old SOE game cards that I previously purchased but haven’t redeemed. Can I still use these?
    If you have a SOE game card you purchased before October 7th, 2015 but have not yet redeemed it, those cards will still redeem and you will receive your DB Cash or Membership, depending upon the card.
    Starting October 7th, you will not be able to purchase the older SOE cards. Any cards you had purchased before that date will still redeem.

Q: I live outside the U.S. How can I get one of these cards?
    Currently, these cards will only be available in U.S. retailers. You can still purchase Daybreak Cash and membership through alternative methods. Visit www.daybreakgames.com/daybreakcash for more information!

Q: I bought a card that doesn’t feature the game I play/I can’t find a card with my game on it!
    Your Daybreak Cash wallet is accessible in all Daybreak Games titles available on PC. So, for example, if you buy a card with the H1Z1 design, you can still use the cash in PlanetSide 2.

Q: I play DCUO and/or PlanetSide 2 on the PlayStation® Network. Can I use these cards?
    These cards are redeemable for Daybreak Cash and/or All Access Membership, which are only available on the PC. These cards will not work on the PS3 or PS4.

Q: I have a question that isn’t answered here. Where do I go?
    For more information about Daybreak Cash, visit www.daybreakgames.com/daybreakcash. For information on All Access membership, visit www.daybreakgames.com/allaccess. For game-specific questions, visit your official game forums.
  2. Stabaholic Active Member

"Collect the whole set". LOL
    Fozziex, Losadunai, Malleria and 2 others like this.
  3. Luciar Active Member

Woot! Finally! I don't use them but I know they've been long awaited by many!
  4. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Yikes, $25... they used to be $15, then $20...
    Baphmistra and suka like this.
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

awesome they listened to me :D
  6. Xevran Well-Known Member

Uh, I would love to buy a card but a month is $15, why would I pay $25 for one?

If you ever feel like selling normally priced cards I'll sub again, until then free is fine by me. My browser opening when I close the game is kind of nice anyway because that's where I'm going nine times out of ten after I'm done playing.
    Feldon, Baphmistra and suka like this.
  7. Wakin New Member

When will these cards become available in gamestop??o_O
  8. Filly67 Well-Known Member

I think that is why the added the option of using a protion of a card for a sub and the remaining balance can be used for DB cash in game.
    Chikkin likes this.
  9. Xevran Well-Known Member

I don't want daybreak cash though, I want game sub. If I wanted Daybreak cash I would just buy another card for it.
    Alenna likes this.
  10. Dexella Associate Producer

Hey there,

The date is in the first sentence of the post:

Hope that helps!
    Feldon likes this.
  11. Dexella Associate Producer

To use the $25 card for membership, you will get one month's membership + 1000 DBC.

The old $15 cards still exist in retailers, and can be purchased/activated through October 7th, 2015. You do not have to redeem them right away. Any previously purchased/activated SOE cards will still be able to be redeemed in the future.

The new release will only feature the $25 and $50 cards. If we offer other denominations in the future, we'll let you know!
    Filly67 likes this.
  12. Foretold Well-Known Member

First sentence, my friend :D
  13. Stabaholic Active Member

500 Daybreak Cash - Monthly subscription $14.99
    1000 Daybreak Cash = $10.00
    -------
    1500 Daybreak Cash for $24.99

-or-

1000 Daybreak Cash / monthly subscription for $25.00 with the card?

Is something wrong with my math?
  14. Alenna Well-Known Member

Nothing for walmart?
  15. Thwump Member

So if we buy the $50 denomination card then we get 3 months of subscription and 500 DBC?

Also, speaking of math. If you buy a year's sub for $120, you get 6,000 DBC and 12 months of subscription. If you buy 5 of these cards for $125, then you get 5 whole months of a sub and 5,000 DBC.

I'm not thinking people are going to be lining up around the block for these. Just sayin'.
    Feldon likes this.
  16. dkm10301 New Member

having 3 accounts (1st - 8 years and 2 months, 2nd - 6 years and 8 months,and the last one almost a year old) and having played EQ1 & EQ2 for many years now Daybreak seems determined to loose subscribers,These cards seem to me to functionally force me to pay $25.00 a month per account, I don't need more Daybreak Cash and I'm not going to spend $75.00 a month,last October 105.00 for The Darkened Sea, in April $45.00 for Rum Cellar, and now in October $105.00 for the new Terrors of Thalumbra. (and forget it if i want to go back to EQ and play my Wizard that used to be ranked # 25 on the server even more money for those expansions) I wouldn't mind if I paid for the expansions and played to my hearts content, paid a monthly access, or paid micro transactions in an online store for boosts to the game, but milking us for all 3 is in my opinion Ridiculous.
    Baphmistra and NeedsCoffee like this.
  17. NeedsCoffee New Member

Definitely I agree forcing us to buy incomplete expansions then buy daybreak cash to complete the expansion is annoying, but uping the monthly fee to 25 is the final straw, time to find another game to play
  18. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Unless these places also include them online I won't have access to them where I am at without a long drive and lots of tolls to get there. Thus not cost effective for me. South Florida land of tolls.
  19. Chocoholic Active Member

This is good news, Dexella. I'm assuming we can still purchase straight sub time through the website, for those who don't want to buy extra Daybreak cash. I always love a little bonus cash on the side, although I will probably continue to sub directly through the site. The cards are great as gifts though, I have done that in the past. Nice to have this additional option again, I was afraid it might be phased out totally.
    Spindle and HaphazardAllure like this.
  20. Chocoholic Active Member

Moon, I think it's highly likely they will be available online - I feel sure Best Buy and GameStop, and probably Toys R Us as well. I prefer online shopping to driving to a physical location anyway - even without the tolls. Speaking of that, my daughter and a friend were in Orlando this summer, and boy did I get some texts about toll fees!! They had to learn their way around and learn where the tolls were - apparently you are committed before you even know what's going on :D
    Moonpanther likes this.