Terrors of Thalumbra Expansion Pre-Orders AVAILABLE NOW!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Awkk Well-Known Member

To be fair, the new 10% member discount is better than the old 5% preorder discount. Basic expansion used to be like 40 for basic, then about 35 with preorder, now it's 31 with member discount, this is the best price ever.

Daybreak can't be responsible for the currency exchange rate, that is out of their hands.
    Xillean and NrthnStar5 like this.
  2. Lucus Well-Known Member

The member discount is nice. No sense paying more then you need to. Better to wait a bit and see how the exchange rate changes and buy when it's better then it is at the moment.

every dollar counts.
  3. Feldon Well-Known Member

If their exchange rate is not comparable to the actual market exchange rate, then it's something they could adjust if they wanted to.
    The new Deity system works alongside the existing system. The two do not conflict/overlap. You can still do Deity Quests and use Deity Altars.

The new Deity Tithe system takes XP to buy miracles, not plat.
    Xillean, Naramsin, Awkk and 4 others like this.
  4. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

What could they do with exchange rates constantly changing? It is a very valid issue, just wonder what can be done with fluctuating exchange rates.
  5. Nathdar Member

Come on Daybreak. We need more details on the mount differences. Your vagueness is causing me to not pre-order ANYTHING. I can't choose without more details. Also, for the love of Norrath, stop this one per account crap. You are asking for way too much and giving much too little in return. Did you not pay attention to the in game survey about the satisfaction level of the last CE pack? The jump between prices in editions is insane! Does the Premium edition mount have a saddle made of gold? I don't know many people willing to shell out that kind of dough unless it's made of gold. Business 101: 1000 exp packs at 140=140k, 2000 exp packs at 100=200k. Drop the price, sell more units, make more money. Plus, added bonus, your loyal players don't feel like you forgot the lube. I will NOT be quitting the game if you don't immediately comply to my demands. I might even buy the golden saddle if I get more information. I in no way will defame Daybreak on social media.I love this game..no..not right..I am OBSESSED with this game. I'm not anywhere close to throwing in the towel. I'm above making empty threats. Just please, please, please, listen to our input. Value us! I value you! This game got me through a divorce! I didn't celebrate singledom by bar hopping. I sat home and played EQ2. No telling how many dollars and std's this game saved me!. I appreciate the new stuff. I appreciate the team's creativity. I appreciate that you guys were smart enough to learn how to make video games, cuz I sure can't. Please appreciate me back!
    Sejreia, Xillean, Prissetta and 13 others like this.
  6. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I lol'd at the divorce, dollars and std's statement.....:D
    Xillean, Prissetta, Belenos and 3 others like this.
  7. Trabu Member

Did they say when the Beta Server will be up?
  8. HaphazardAllure Well-Known Member

In the stream I believe they said mid to late October for beta.
    Moonpanther and Feldon like this.
  9. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

So... One must pre-order the xpac to use the beta server to test game content? What kind of BS is that?
  10. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

Believe it was mentioned that there will be other avenues for people to get into Beta, as in the past. Either an app of some sort and chosen. Pre-ordering gives automatic access, which has been done before and done in many modern games ((you even have to buy entry into alphas nowadays)).

However it occurs the bigger issue is, at least to me, the amount of time beta will have. Doesn't appear much, and then what changes can be made from Beta input and experiences.
    FriggaWitch likes this.
  11. beagley Well-Known Member

DBG lock in their pricing at predefined exchange rates, they don't float daily so there is little to no FX risk for them as it's priced to put the onus on the customer. They have (as SOE) periodically recalibrated them when it has been pointed out that they have gotten too far away from real floating exchange rates.

To be honest, the FX rates that SOE used to use weren't that punitive.

The price differential that most people did (and still do) bleat about is the fact that the US prices are always shown tax-exclusive but the (certainly within the EU) foreign prices are tax-inclusive with VAT/local taxes added in. This usually leads to accusations of price gouging/FX manipulation etc flying around when in reality people were comparing apples with oranges.

If you added the VAT on and then did an FX conversion (with the merchants credit card fee also baked in) the prices weren't a milion miles away in EUR and GBP. I think Australian Dollar has been a bit more, shall we say,"variable"?
  12. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

I will only be buying the SE this time. I thought about it and realized that I already have enough mounts, prestige houses and mercenaries to float a battleship. Also, only being able to claim an item once per account rather than per character is a turn off to me.
  13. Ratza Well-Known Member

Agree the 1 claim per account is LAME!!! Especially considering the pricing structure and the fact that we don't buy extra xpacs for toons on same account!!!!!!! Take our money to buy extra slots but limit our extra toons in xpacs....I don't get this reasoning!! Apparenlty the survey poll expressing our frustrations over this 1 per acocunt BS we all took after the last expansion was worthless!!! WTF!

The back pack if nothing else should have been "once per character" Same with the equipment and weapon bundles! I can see the burber being one per account but not those other items. WTF!
    Xillean, Prissetta, Naramsin and 4 others like this.
  14. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I agree it should be per character since the bag looks like it is no trade so nobody can get more than one per toon anyway. At least make it one per character if you get the premium version which would tip me toward that version. Please make the Glint, the Burburone per character on premium version as well. Come on please!
    Xillean, Darln, Cloudrat and 2 others like this.
  15. Foretold Well-Known Member

LESS quests? I'll take two :D

*does not like quests*

I'd also like to see the bags per character for premium.
    Prissetta and Darln like this.
  16. HaphazardAllure Well-Known Member

I'm hoping that the goblin bag will at least be heirloom so I can switch it between toons. Of course, I'd love it if it could be changed to one bag per character instead. ;)
    Xillean, Naramsin, Darln and 2 others like this.
  17. Kristabella Well-Known Member

Okay so what happens if you have characters on BOTH the TLE Server AND LIVE servers, will you need to purchase BOTH the Time-Locked Server pack AND Standard Edition, for $34.99 EACH?

If you buy just the Standard Edition, and EVENTUALLY the TLE server will get to this point, will you have to buy it again for the TLE Server characters or will this part be open since you previously purchased it? (Yes I know this xpac is a long, long way off, but I want to know). If you buy the TLE Server Pack, would you get the new area on your LIVE characters, minus any bonus items?

Time-Locked Server Adventure Pack $34.99

Pack is available as one per account and available immediately!

** Bag of 88 Wonders
    ** Grants one free 88-slot bag per account for players on TLE Stormhold and Deathtoll servers. It has a Goblin surprise inside!
    ** Vitality Potion Bundle
    Gives you one Tradeskill and one Adventure vitality potion for one character!

Standard Edition
    $34.99

** Access to all previous expansion content
    ** Terrors of Thalumbra Beta Access
    ** Claimable once per character: Preorder Bonus: Altar of the Ancients
    Pipsissiwa likes this.
  18. Lera Well-Known Member

What people don't realise is that this is the price of free-to-play. The subscription-only model for MMOs is dead, since every MMO has a dwindling player base as it gets older, as people finish the content and move on to other games, maybe to come back for a month or two at an expansion - even WoW's player base is getting smaller, but it can stay subscription since it was so massive to begin with, and while every MMO since has tried to be that next big thing, none of them have even come close.

$35 for an expansion isn't a bad price. But the game has to bring in money somehow, and premium items like the collector's edition are how they do it. You don't need every item in the game to play it. You don't need the collector's edition even if your goal is to be the top raid guild and get the best loot. It's extras, and the extra $105 is for those willing to pay it to support the game so that the F2P players can continue to play for free.

That said... I do hope Daybreak consider the prices based on feedback and that, as someone pointed out, lower prices plus more sales equals more money. But they have the sales figures from the last expansion, and maybe the $90 price on the last collector's edition still sold well, despite the complaints.
  19. Alienor Member

People tend to forget that there is no EU like there is an US. VAT for European customers is in a range of 15-27% and not all are paying even in Euro. I am pretty sure that the price tag is made by the publisher, not by "The (nonexistent) EU" or even the national governments.
    Anyway, it is pay or leave it.
  20. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

Well whom among us wouldn't want to complete the "Nebulous Newsies" more than once on a toon? Thats a nice bag. Or the bag you can get the recipe from Skrit from doing a TS daily out in Tranquil Sea. Why can we only have one of these per toon? Cause that's the way it is.