Terrors of Thalumbra Expansion Pre-Orders AVAILABLE NOW!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Lucus Well-Known Member

someone needs to replace whoever it is that decided what items to offer and how to distribute them across the new three tiers of expansion purchases to actually make the most expensive attractive.

let's not forget no discount for preordering which usually bites into the punishing exchange rate. i'm going to sit and wait myself since there is no preorder discount i am inclined to wait it out till the exchange rate is to my liking. currently it's about $55 AUD for the basic expansion.

if they want to attract more money then they need to account their prices on foreign exchange rates, only an idiot would purchase the collector's edition for $140 AUD and $220 AUD for 'premium' really? for an $80 dollar mount?

they need to weigh the money they want for collectors and premium properly to what they offer.

*i've never bought collectors editions, never really seen any value over no-frills.
    Belenos and Tetrol like this.
  2. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Surely it depends on the length of quests?

200 quests that are run A to B, or 80+ Quests that are 10-20 steps long?

No way of judging till attempted
    FriggaWitch likes this.
  3. Tetrol Well-Known Member

I still prefer raising alts to playing my lvl 100's, so the content is not of much interest to me. I am happy to support the development and maintenance of the game however.
    Ripping us off on exchange rates is not my idea of tempting me to support you. How about letting us use our cards to pay in US $ and allowing the financial institution to handle the exchange. I get charged a foreign transaction fee either way, but the exchange rate is at least realistic.
  4. Beee Well-Known Member

31,49 USD (icl. AllAccsess Bonus) is a very fair price for the regular expansion - THANK YOU
  5. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Altar of the Ancients is standard include for pre-order, that's a once-a-day buff item.

The port item is the Tunneler of Thalumbra, and is only in the CE and PE versions.

Info on the pre-order site says the mounts stats can be improved by doing content - my guess is that will be ToT content. Would like to know what the stats will be and whether they will be locked to a specific level though.
    Xillean and Kalderon like this.
  6. Runge New Member

Hello,
    sorry for the bad english but my native language is german...

is there a Problem with the Change rate from Dollar to Euro because 139,99$ would only be 125€ not 149,64€.

i hope you guys can work with the question...

Runge
    Kalderon likes this.
  7. Beee Well-Known Member

@Runge: We have a lot of taxes included here in Europe... It's OK the price beeing 1/5 higher
  8. Runge New Member

@Beee that is the first time for me that the Price is higher than in us-dollar
  9. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Simple said, its the vat that come into play in europe. Einfach gesagt, es ist die Steuer die noch mit Eingerechnet werden muss. Ist zwar dann immer noch mehr als der normale Kurs.... but, thats the way it is....
  10. Madat New Member

It says the mount is usable at 35 but will it fly at 35 or do you have to wait till 85 for that to kick in? I find the biggest pain with starting a new toon is having to do another useless tradeskill to get wings.
  11. TechUp Active Member

In this thread

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/darkhaven-cavedrifter.563961/#post-6261483

the question was asked if this mount would fly at level 35, to which the dev response was Yes, but Gninja also said this is not retroactive to any other mounts. So if you want to fly at 35, you need this mount.

Gninja's response:
  12. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

It surely does depend on length. I'm hoping that this will be the case...
  13. Gaius New Member

Usable does not automatically mean flyable but according to gNinja it is flyable... Stats are likely scalable or it will OP at 35 or useless at 100.
  14. Heinzy Active Member

Roshen, please why can't we get an end game dungeon finder.

Many of us have a hard time finding groups and spend the entirety of the expansion spamming /lfg for groups.
    After having a blast in agnostic one is hit with a wall and hoping he'll have a guild that runs dungeons at 100.

It is my last wish before I walk away that this game has an end game cross server dungeon finder.
    I fear you guys think it will rush people through content to fast... please tell me it's not cause of that...
    Xaxx likes this.
  15. Pipsissiwa Well-Known Member

I'm boggled (yet again) that again the CE costs more than twice the SE. The items included are clearly based on assets designed already for the expansion, yet somehow they cost significantly more to have as personal fluff than they cost in the basic expac itself. I am more than prepared to pay for the effort it takes to create the assets, design quests etc etc, but not pay more than twice to get them again in a very slightly different form which won't have taken very long to make.

If anything, the SE should be slightly more expensive, and the CE just a bit more than that.

AOM was the first time since launch that I didn't buy the CE, looks like that trend will continue unless they can make it feel more value for money.
  16. Ununseptium New Member

Dear Daybreak,

Please make Terrors of Thamumbra available for pre-order on Steam. Many players (probably), including myself (that part is for sure), buy games using money that is already in their Steam "wallet". Ignoring potential buyers never is the best move for a business!

Also, while on the subject of Steam, the last update text that can be found there states "New DLC Available - Everquest II: Tears of Veeshan" despite Altar of Malice being available for purchase, showing millions of players that Daybreak is not too concerned with the most popular gaming platform on Earth. I am sure that at least one marketing person hasn't been dismissed yet, make him/her earn his/her paycheck ;)
  17. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

I calculated individual prices for each of the items in the premium edition based on current marketplace prices, as if these items were for sale individually. Adding them up, with the 34.99 for the base expansion, I came up to 140 exact. I suppose the expectation is that you buy because it'll be the only method to get these items, not so much that you get a better price point.
  18. Liou_Unrest Active Member

For the people considering the $139 Premium Edition.. can we go over details of the better mount? For a lot of people these details are important, and should be known if you want people to be confident in choosing over the CE and the PE.

For example, i'm leaning CE but if the PE mount had "this" or "that" and it was understood what I was paying for, I would easily make my choice for one or the other. Right now I'm worried I may spend $50 more for a mount (that I don't know if I care about yet)
    Xillean, Flaming Pumpkin and Nathdar like this.
  19. Awkk Well-Known Member

It would be, if there was a big bag per character, not just one per account. Why limit them like that? Will they cause a lag issue if everyone has a big bag?
  20. Utulme Member

My sentiments exactly.....they must be starving! plus greedy!
    Cloudrat, Mizgamer62 and Pipsissiwa like this.