Terrors of Thalumbra Expansion Pre-Orders AVAILABLE NOW!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Roshen Well-Known Member

Terrors of Thalumbra is the 12th EverQuest II expansion and brings new adventures to Norrath. Pre-orders for this expansion are available NOW!

[IMG]

Pre-ordering gives players access to all previous content, access to beta (once the beta server is available), and Altar of the Ancients. This altar is an in-game item houses that grants a daily scaling benefit to adventurers and tradeskillers, including a stackable bonus to all tradeskill, adventure and AA experience gain. Upon expansion release, the daily bonus to experience will include tithe, the new deity experience type.

Expansion Details:
    • 1 large new Overland zone for level 100s
    • 13 Heroic Dungeons for level 100s (6 are event heroics!)
    • 6 Advanced Solo for level 100s
    • 1 Contested for level 100s
    • 5 Level Agnostic Heroic ToT Dungeons for levels 20 to 95 added to Dungeon Finder
    • 3 “X4” (or 4 group) Raid zones (AT LEAST 5 bosses each) for level 100s
    • 1 “X2” (or 2-group) Raid zone with 9 bosses for level 100s!
    • Over 80 quests including Signature line, tradeskills, locales, missions and more!
    • Over 50 Collection quests!
    If you're looking to get additional expansion details, you can find out more about EverQuest II: Terrors of Thalumbra and pre-order here.
  2. Shesaz Active Member

3. konofo Active Member

Nitpicky, but that level range should read 20 to 94.

kono
    Feldon likes this.
  4. Awkk Well-Known Member

Can we get an 88 slot bag per character instead of per account? That would make it worth it to get the CE. :D
    Xillean, Prissetta, Naramsin and 9 others like this.
  5. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Technically, you are not unable to queue for LADs till 95. So this is the right phrasing, at least with how I've been taught numbers. You include the final number in the sequence, even if it's the cut-off point.
  6. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

80+ quests for everything? That seems... low....
    Xillean, Bravely, Pipsissiwa and 5 others like this.
  7. Aivet Well-Known Member

Looks like it's just going to be the standard edition for me, unfortunately :(. Thanks to the terrible exchange rate, even with a member's 10% discount the collector's edition works out at just under the equivalent of 8 months membership, and the premium edition at over 12 months. Hopefully I'll be able to upgrade to the collector's edition at a later stage.

That said, I'm certainly looking forward to the new expansion. The new deity system looks intriguing, and it'll be nice to have a few more LADs to run through.
    Pipsissiwa and Kalderon like this.
  8. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

When you consider this expac isn't increasing AAs nor Levels (to our knowledge) it's not too horribly low, the quests will probably be mostly Lore oriented or for the peeps who don't quite have 350 AAs in the case of adventuring level.

Sucks that the way it is now, everyone's going to just run Erudin Library over...and over....and over....lol. Actually waiting for devs to make all the EXP from kills received at the end of the dungeon to counter this.
  9. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

It's still low. Based on EQ2 wiki, the expansion with the fewest quests was Chains of Eternity with 126 quests. AOM had 178. I'd much rather have a lot of overland quest content to do vs. grinding dungeons all the time.
    Kyriea, Xillean, rutro and 5 others like this.
  10. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

True, especially considering with AoM, assuming only 1/2 the quests are non-missions and adventurer quests, you don't really hit 100 in the current questline. 97~98 on average.

I guess I see what you mean in retrospect, given that a fresh character will not necessarily be doing these @ cap.
    Kalderon likes this.
  11. Awkk Well-Known Member

How does the new deity tithe system work? Will we not be using alters anymore? Will the deities be taking some percent of plat automatically all the time, like mercs?
  12. Sheklen New Member

WOW. No level cap lifts and your pricing is insane. DB must be hurting for money or they are a bunch of greedy bastards. $35 for regular, $90 for collectors and $140 for premium?
  13. Xaxx New Member

Any details on the merc that comes with collectors/premium, class etc?
    Kalderon likes this.
  14. Belenos Well-Known Member

I noticed the Cavedrifter mount in the CE and Premium packs is a flying mount usable at level 35. Is that correct? Flying mounts at level 35?
  15. LordTiras Well-Known Member

Yes, that's correct, the mount is usable at level 35.
  16. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

If you're a paying member it's $31.50 for regular, $81 for collector's, and $126 for premium.

Considering expacs have been going for 40 bucks IIRC for the no-frills version, it's a start in the right direction.
  17. Majuna New Member

18. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

Immediately.
    Kalderon likes this.
  19. Belenos Well-Known Member

Hmmm...since it says the mount has "useful stats" I wonder how that will work. Useful stats at 35 will be pretty worthless at 100. Or will it be like my Blessed Sokokar, which is usable at 85 but has ALL stats blocked off until level 100?

Standard edition is $35, and except for the preorder bauble, you get the expansion and not squat else.

CE is $55 more and you get a merc, a mount, a house, a teleport item like a soul anchor, a big bag, recipes, a painting, and a plushie. That looks like it is worth the ticket price.

Premium is another $50 and only adds another mount, an equipment upgrade bundle and a weapon adjustment bundle--I don't see that being worth anything like 50 bucks.
  20. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Actual, the port item is in the standard include, but nothing more. But im fine.

Still need to know, what stats the mount have.... i bet it will grow with the level.