Focused Casting

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Penta, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Yards Well-Known Member

The sda ear is broken how is that going to help your dps, well the construct hoop is also broken so you trade one broke pos for another. Except you will lose the 5 set bonus unless you get it another way.
  2. Veta Well-Known Member

1. Yes I am aware of this. I did not know those hits would count for mimicry, but I also try not to pad my parse with this considering its not supposed to work that way.

2. I thought there was a chance you would bring up the SDA ear, but I thought that "chance" was low considering at least you would know, and hopefully everyone else by now, that it is indeed bad. Especially since there is a thread about it and a "want to fix" thread on the issue tracker. Its still broken, so I could see where anything would still be prioritized over it unless you got specific buffs/items to make it worthwhile.
  3. Mogrim Well-Known Member

You're doing it wrong. Why not sit at 14, slide back to 20, and then go back?

The 6 meter movement is not world-breaking - yes it doesn't require you to have a slightly higher amount of skill and attention to detail... so I guess that would be a reason not to.

You do realize that if you sit at 20, you're likely going to be missing hits of Dark Siphoning, right?
    You realize at 20 meters you will be out of range for Blast of Dev, Cataclysm, and Rift, right?

You do realize that there are several stoneskin fights that make your statement not completely true, right?

None of the 3 names in AoM are Unda Friendly.

1st name goes damage immune when adds are up. However, hitting him for 0 reduces your net Unda damage by 33%.
    2nd name goes damage immune when Eriak clone add thinger is up. Same story.
    3rd name has 2 adds that you don't want to be hitting with Unda, so your distance from them needs to be far enough to avoid hitting the 2 adds to do it correctly.

Just a few examples where superior play will have a fairly significant difference in Unda quality.
  4. Koko Well-Known Member

Because I'd like to see it done.

Routinely jousting during 0.25s recovery intervals, with the occasional thunderclap/arcane bewilderment should be very entertaining, especially with the semi-conflicting cooldown timers. I occasionally glance at Darkon's raid stream and have yet to see it, so I figured I'd have a better chance here.
  5. Mogrim Well-Known Member

I do it most of the time. It is a pain in the **** but can be done. Sometimes it confuses people in raid so I've had to mention "no, I'm not moving from well 1 to well 2 (on Sacrificer) I'm just jousting out and back in.

Essentially, if you set up your insta-casts OR Bewilderment/Ethereal Chains as your movement spells, you can manage it pretty well. Ethereal Chains generally won't get interrupted from movement due to how quickly it casts. I generally always do it on my 1st TW/Focused Casting of the fight, and then after that it depends.

1st named in AoM is tricky because if I back up I can throw off my fury who is trying to get the curse.
    1st named in FTH ports us right onto him, so he can be a bit of a pain in the **** as well.
  6. Veta Well-Known Member

So, I just tested this because I thought you were maybe referring to mimicry actually getting a hit off for it too. Which would be strange considering its not an ability. From testing, mimicry does not perform the hit too. So I am not sure why you want the damage to occur during mimicry.
  7. Mogrim Well-Known Member

I'm sorry - I had an incredibly tired brain earlier today.

1) Right - "clicked charm" damage doesn't count towards Mimicry
    2) Essentially what I was trying to get at is that you don't want to have to refresh the Cazic Charm at the wrong time, BUT, you also don't want to miss an ideal time to use it, either.
  8. Veta Well-Known Member

Makes more sense. If something is tired, I heard sleep fixes it. Not quite sure how that sleep thing works out yet, let me know the results.
  9. Belton Member

When you didn't log in you ***</3
  10. Koko Well-Known Member

Oh it sounds infuriating.

In addition to the 0.25s intervals with raid lag, I'd want a concrete ability rotation built around Unda and TC. The entire thing ends in catastrophic failure with any delay in movement or ability commands, resulting in a sub-optimal Unda or dropped outgoing spell. Even still, it might be inferior to 10/10 M.Overflow, but I'd need a log to judge that.

Hence, I'd like to see it.
  11. Matttx Member

Apologies as I do not want to parade and derail. However after 10 ongoing pages from reading this "tiring" thread, I have decided to chime on in and apply subjectively based input that I render as "irrefutable" by mathematical cohesion. I love you all including Belton. First of all for many months I thought FC was too OP when I first joined Fatality and I thought QQ @ Mogrim because he allah ackbars everyone.......But FC is not OP as I thought. After tediously doing my math breakdown from recent parses of Mogrim, including creating equations for situational times where FC might remotely be considered "too much" under the typical conception of unfortunately misunderstood minds who belligerently attack FC for the sole purpose of having 75% modifier. It has become evidently conclusive in which harbors deductively sound reasoning backed up by simple plain mathematics. It would be highly unfair and impractical to nerf FC. This suggests a metaphor in which most can agree on. In which it would the equivalent of removing both testicles if they nerfed FC; making them parse like FAR lower and completely destroying the lock class. Therefore FC should not be TOUCHED in any way. Apologies just my 2 cents. <3 you all.
  12. Mrmacky Active Member

What program would you recommend to increase my dps?
  13. Belton Member

Sandbag? you haven't noticed? :p
    When you find one lemme know fam<3
  14. Koko Well-Known Member

Microsoft Excel if you're a casual like me.
    If you're actually serious, sed, gawk, and vi/vim/emacs/other editor.
  15. Laserbeak Member

I never had cheetah on that fight unless I was on my lock.. and.. tbh you dont need it, to not suck. js. :) got heeeeem
  16. Matttx Member

I wonder how many remaining illiterates as this one will jump the bandwagon still believing you can use said above "programs" to "increase dps" on a dual sided server that doesn't affect server side. Ad populum much?
  17. Laserbeak Member

Going hard bruh. lol
    Good troll is good, mrmacky.
  18. Belton Member

When you have last tier gear and it's your third time doing it. #Rip #GotMyself #SuckstoSuck
  19. Mrmacky Active Member

So you wouldn't recommend using one?
  20. Matttx Member

I once have tried to play pokemon with eq2's browser, did not work :(