50% Off Previous Releases for a Limited Time!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Roshen Well-Known Member

Get 50% off Altar of Malice and Rum Cellar now through Wednesday, September 30, 2015 at 11:59PM PDT*!

[IMG]

In addition, this content is also available for Daybreak Cash during this promotion! Note that the 50% off promotion does not apply to the Daybreak Cash payment method. The Daybreak Cash payment method will be visible to you at the end of the check-out process (on the same page where you can choose to pay with credit card or PayPal).

If you’re an All-Access member, note that you get an ADDITIONAL 10% off these purchases. If you’re not current an All-Access member (or want to see what else members get), you can sign up for membership here.

The Altar of Malice Collector’s Edition will no longer be available for purchase after this promotion. Don’t miss your last chance to pick up this collector’s edition, and get the special items included with this purchase! You can get to the expansion purchase page here!

*Time Zone Converter
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  2. Chieften New Member

if I read this right, disgusting how the loyal lose buying everything when it comes out instead of just holding off.. thanks DB
    Sentrasia likes this.
  3. kluxor Well-Known Member

Asinine comment there....the expansion is what, 6months old and about to be replaced? It'd be disgusting if they DIDN'T offer some discount.
    Kendayar likes this.
  4. Mitten Active Member

I'm still trying to work out why anyone would buy it, when it will be included in the new expansion.
    Sentrasia and Filly67 like this.
  5. Jinksie Well-Known Member

Mitten - Two reasons off the top of my head:
    1. The ability to start playing the expansions today and get through this older new content before the newest content is released.
    2. Collector's Edition items. Those will not be included in the new expansion.

As for the loyal losing out - far from it. We've been enjoying the expansion and campaigsion (or whatever) for some time now. That's our benefit. We've had access to the ethereal drops for those lucky enough to get one. We've had access to the new zones and raid content. We've had a chance at server discoveries. I am sure there's others from being able to enjoy this for the past year or 6 months.
    Spindle, Awkk, Brenvia and 2 others like this.
  6. Chieften New Member

only asinine to someone who is too cheap to buy the expansions
    nuff said.. enjoy your free play
  7. Elfie New Member

Instead of a prison server, maybe DBG should make a server exclusively for player who PAY to Play with all the benefits, and funnel all the FREE to Play players to their own server. And when it comes to support, give both servers what they pay for.
    Taemek and Mitten like this.
  8. Ursa Minor Well-Known Member

I didn't lose anything buying AoM when it came out. I've enjoyed the content for several months. That would not have been possible if I had waited until now. When you buy a expansion (hell, anything) at launch, you're balancing the availability of the product (use it now versus use it later) against the possible cost difference (more now versus less later). Just trading time for money. There's no loyalty factor involved here, it's a matter of how one values their time and money.
  9. Inobe New Member

i
    i think servers for people who pay to play are the TLE servers, you cant get on them unless you are a sub member afaik.
    Dark Archon likes this.
  10. Dark Archon Member

entitlement complex much? everyone should have equal support the game is a F2P game after all, members already have special stuff

also if you were around 5 or so years ago you would have known that SOE had only one server set for F2P to go to.. it was Freeport, and about 4 or so years ago the game went full F2P and they opened all servers to everyone

Yep TLE are for sub members only and the prison server is also members only.. since if a F2P gets sent there they can no longer play at all
    Inobe likes this.
  11. Sands New Member

On 9/8 I bought 2 AoM CEs and 2 AoM for the family. Less than 10 days ago. Clearly bad timing.
  12. Mitten Active Member

True, although if people have waited this long before buying it, they might as well wait a little bit longer.
    It would of been nice to see a discount on the items that aren't included in the expansions, like mercs,apprentices and such.

But tbh it doesn't trouble me, I've already bought it all ... for two accounts.
  13. Brennin Active Member

I'm tempted to get the CE upgrade for AoM -- at 50% off plus 10% member discount, it'd be 22.50, which is far more reasonable than the CE at release. As someone who has been a paid subscriber to EQ/EQ2 every month since 2000, I was disappointed there wasn't any sort of member special when AoM came out, and I had to remind myself that being able to afford something doesn't make it a reasonable expense.

So anyway, who's been using the AoM merc Kluuron V'Lorn? Which classes does he compliment or supplement the best for soloing?
  14. Taemek Member

Incorrect, the game is not modelled around a FTP mechanic, it is modelled around a pay to play mechanic.

People can only do so much as FTP before having to either purchase some form of progress via cash shop OR subscribing.
    Sentrasia likes this.
  15. Taemek Member

Because if you read it correctly, it is the last chance to get the CE edition. You won't get the CE edition for free with the new expansion.
  16. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

The AoM CE had been the only Collector's Edition I hadn't bought. I considered that the 50% discount with 10% off for All Access much more reasonable than the original price. I am happy to say that I now have bought all the CEs since Launch, and now all the extra "packs".

Now, I just need to push my main from 97.7 to 100. I think the coming week will help a lot. ;) Usually, I am journey type person and take my time leveling, even level locking.
    Brennin likes this.
  17. steellynx New Member

It doesn't show the option to use station cash, just dollar amounts. Do you have to proceed to the checkout before the daybreak cash option appears?
  18. steellynx New Member

It doesn't show the option to use station cash, just dollar amounts. Do you have to proceed to the checkout before the daybreak cash option appears?
  19. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Note that the 50% off promotion does not apply to the Daybreak Cash payment method. The Daybreak Cash payment method will be visible to you at the end of the check-out process (on the same page where you can choose to pay with credit card or PayPal).
  20. luigionlsd New Member

Will the new expansion (#12) be sold with Daybreak Cash as an option from the start? I like that DBC is now an option for Altar of Malice, but obviously I'd rather wait to purchase Expansion #12 with DBC instead of AoM if it's a change in policy.