New Merged Server Name Poll Results!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Windstalker Executive Producer

Greetings Norrath!

The vote for the new server names is complete! Here’s how you voted…

·Butcherblock, Crushbone, and Oasis servers voted for: Maj’Dul

·Everfrost, Guk, and Unrest voted for: Halls of Fate

·Freeport, Nagafen, and Permafrost voted for: Skyfire

Another note on the server moves… We are going back to the “merge” methodology for this effort. Changing the entire way our data works for this process was very risky and we didn’t want to rush it and test it on your characters. That said, we didn’t want to wait on taking care of our server populations. The teams are reviewing all the areas we need to update the merge process. Still, all the questions and concerns we addressed in our FAQ are still in the plan. Also, after the U.S. merges, we will run a free one-week transfer period that will include free transfers for Antonia Bayle players to other U.S. servers.

More to come when we have it. We are looking at October, but before the expansion release.

Edit: I had the servers listed wrong. All good now!
  2. Adevil Well-Known Member

Wait...Nagafen and Freeport both had the option to vote for Skyfire. How'd EF, Guk and Unrest get it?
  3. Nero Active Member

I'm hoping they just mixed it up, pretty sure Permafrost, Freeport, and Nag are going to be the ones that end up on Skyfire
  4. Windstalker Executive Producer

I did mix it up...too much typing...no looking. Fixed it. Thanks folks!
  5. Nero Active Member

Thanks for all the hard work guys :) We are all anxiously awaiting both the server merge and the expansion previews in October!
  6. Mitten Active Member

Halls of Fate. What a rubbish name for a server.
  7. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

I demand a Recount!

Maj'Dul stinks! I want to know how close Shimmering Citadel was to winning!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  8. Elinea Well-Known Member

It was the least lame out of the ones we got to choose from :(
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Grannos like this.
  9. Edelphia Well-Known Member

Curious, are the 3 merges all going to happen at once, or one at a time? I would think one at a time would be easier if there are any snafu's, otherwise you are going to have over half your player base screaming if anything goes wrong! :eek:

I volunteer Maj'Dul to go first :p;):)
    Jinksie and miissty like this.
  10. Uleya New Member

So Everfrost is Halls of Fate and not Skyfire? ... I think they are both great names, just wondering ...
  11. Mitten Active Member

Yep. :(
  12. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

So we can't xfer to EU servers?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  13. Anastaise Active Member

Seriously disappointed that Godking or Anashti Sul weren't options for the vote. Most of the options were horrible. Maj'Dul was the least sucky name. Scornfeather would have been ok if it was just Scornfeather without the Roost tacked on.
  14. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

Halls of Fate!!? :eek:

Please for goodness sake make it just FATE. We need a one word name.

After all, the other top 9 names were not even given as choices.
    Grannos, Tkia, Cyliena and 7 others like this.
  15. Dogaeno New Member

This whole merge thing is going to end badly. the world will burn in fire.
    Grannos, FriggaWitch and Seefar like this.
  16. Siren Well-Known Member

Looking at October?

I hope it doesn't mess up Nights of the Dead! Please have it done before NotD starts if possible. It only comes once a year.
  17. Davorum New Member

Actually, I liked the name enough to vote for it, so I am sorry you hate it with such intensity......:cool:
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Jinksie like this.
  18. Padrepyro Member

You didn't want to rush with testing the new technology out on our characters? You've been doing all of this mapping and technology upgrades for this very reason for how long already?

/disappointed but /unsurprised
  19. Feldon Well-Known Member

The shortest server names were chosen. Coincidence? I think not!
  20. Haloek Member

So wait you are going to do it in October........... right before xpac comes out when the servers are already so they are going to be so loaded afterwards that they are possibly going to crash? How much of a stress test is there going to be before xpac to try and prevent it? Just curious?o_O