Server Consolidation FAQ

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Misstake Well-Known Member

Ok for clarification purposes, are guild names that are duplicate BOTH going to get an "X" and then the original name is up for grabs on a first-come first-serve basis? Or is it going off of creation date?

The reason I ask is because a lvl 17 guild with 3 accounts created in 2005, to me, should not have priority over a lvl 100 guild with 125 accounts just because it was created in 2009. Maybe it should go by the lvl of the guild and active accounts. I would really love some clarification on this subject.

Thank you for answering all the other questions and clarifying the character names.
  2. Tabri Well-Known Member

Are any AB characters going to get any kind of server transfer free? OR can you make the free transfer account wide so I can use my transfer for my characters to move onto the new server instead of the ones on it off?
    Xillean likes this.
  3. Meredithe_Soulsfire Member

Thank you very much for answering those questions, it does ease a lot of the worries i had about the server consolidation. now i am almost excited for it!
    suka, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Gramma like this.
  4. Shauwn Active Member

How embarassing that we needed this FAQ to begin with.
  5. Adevil Well-Known Member

I'd /petition, quote Holly, and link to the FAQ :)
  6. Thunuderfueler Member

7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, I can't speak for Suka, but I'm a bit relieved! :D

Especially since I now know they've been working on this for quite some time now, about a year, and it wasn't something that was dictated to them recently from Above. ;-> That indicates to me that they really are serious about taking all the time it will to get it done right. :)

Couple more questions, though: how will you be testing this to make sure it's right, o Powers, and what about the Broker stuff? I can probably relax about the other things, but I think I'll probably be happy I cleared those off, at least temporarily. ;->

Uwk
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You and me both! :D

Uwk
    Prissetta, Belenos and suka like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ooh, point...and I have toons already on Test (since I discovered we can get seven more "free" slots there! :D), Splitpaw (ditto!), and now Storms (Learn French the Fun and Easy Way!), so I have lots of folks I can still work with, including my AB gang. :)

But I love, love, LOVE the idea that one reason to do this in the first place isn't necessarily just because of server population, but because the consolidated servers will be on NEW HARDWARE!!! Huzzah! We've needed it! :D

Uwk
    Prissetta, Naramsin, Belenos and 2 others like this.
  10. Lucus Well-Known Member

This make me a little sad to be honest that you can't tell the difference between characters which still possess their original name from creation and those that have changed their in the past.
    under these rules it's fairly easy to look up a name of a toon that is younger then your own and use a potion to change your name before the merge both now and long before mergers were on the table and get someone else's name out of it.

But you can't make everyone happy.

at the very least disallow older toons taking names over younger toons if the older toon has changed their name within 60 days before the merger.
    Prissetta and Kurisutaru like this.
  11. Veysha Member

I've got characters on Permafrost and Freeport - full shared banks on both.

I've got characters on Freeport that I play more with the same names as throw away characters on Permafrost. I want to keep my Freeport names not have them changed because I've got throw aways on Perma. I suppose I'll have to delete the Perma characters to preserve my Freeport stuff :(.

Guess I'll have a lot of items stuffed in overflow too when the banks combine.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  12. Malachy Well-Known Member

Due to lack of creativity and unreasonable self-regard, some players will complain no matter what you do. Personally I believe everything you have stated is 100% awesome. I very much hope this can be done this month. Thank you!
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, there's only one day left of this month, so I'll settle for the end of September. :)

Uwk
    Naramsin and suka like this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Log into Freeport more recently than Permafrost, and the Permafrost toons will get "X"s and you'll get free name change potions. No need to delete anyone! :D

And just to be on the safe side, I did clear out my Shared Banks amongst all my toons on the affected servers (Everfrost and Crushbone); they have their own Personal Bank stuff still in the Bank (hopefully I won't have to worry about that, 'cause I'm rapidly running out of space ;->), and I just kept track of who took what, so when we're settled in, I can turn around and put the stuff right back in. :)

Uwk
    Hoarder of Horde Toons
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

ROFL!! Same here; got them to actually look at stuff we hadn't in quite some time...ironically, a lot can be Brokered, but I won't put stuff up there again until after the dust settles and clears. ;->

Uwk
    who only had to wind up clearing the Shared Banks and Brokers; wasn't too worried about the other stuff, but at least now there's a copy of everyone's houses :)
    Prissetta and Gramma like this.
  16. Bellamorte Active Member

If they have both logged in within the last 60 days, then the oldest creation date wins
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

So, you're going to do everything you can to retain that one! Good luck! :)

Uwk
    who also has special names, but generally reserved those for the last names...and judging by EQ2U, at least one that I created from a family member's name elements won't have to be worried about :)
    Gramma likes this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Discos = discoveries?? :-/

Uwk
    who liked disco when it first came out (I hear it's called "Dance Music" or "Club Music" now, but it's the same thing), but not sure it applies here...
  19. Gramma Active Member

You wouldn't believe the strange assortment of hoarded items I found. One toon had thousands of throwing stars, but she uses a bow and arrow. Another toon had dutifully piled up a huge stock of clockwork vendor trash. What on earth was he planning on doing with that? It had come from a holiday dungeon, but he was so reluctant to vendor it, he actually had allotted three spaces in his bank to jealously guard it away from prying eyes. Someone was trying to sell roots (level one roots!!!) on the auction and couldn't imagine why she'd never had a nibble. It was like when old ladies hoard newspapers and magazines...I imagined the hundreds of nearly worthless objects stacked in their homes and eventually toppling over onto the characters and crushing them to death. Then I laughed myself silly and vendored what I could and used up the mats leveling a few of my toons' crafting.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, it was a pain to clear the Shared Banks, but I have enough toons with enough bags and Personal Bank space to hang onto everything. Just clear them temporarily.

Uwk
    who WAY exceeded any server, region, or any other "limit" for number of toons, long long ago...if you bought the character slot, it's yours. If you're consolidating a bunch of US servers and you have more than seven toons already, you bought those slots. I don't know if the PVP slots were "free," like the Test or non-US servers, but they'll probably have some way of dealing with that.