Good job effectively killing off high end PVP

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Drew575, Aug 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

This is the attitude to have. Im level 50, and I look forward to the new level 50s... hmmmmhmmm.... /e licks whiskers... "tasties"
  2. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

i want people to get to 50, but im still gonna gank those greens and blues. I kill everyone, and honestly can say I am not discriminatory in whom i kill. Equality for all through death.
    BulletCatcher66 likes this.
  3. Thetmes Active Member

Oh I agree and this is how it should be. However those crying wolf and saying the sky is falling due to a no vote obviously have some other sort of agenda. Be it they want to keep their gear and lv advantage or what I don't know. We can only speculate.
    Shasta and BulletCatcher66 like this.
  4. Shasta Active Member

Good point..sarcasm aside. The DoF content was not going to add the "challenge" the 50s were claiming anyway. Not with the way itemization, and mobs work. This whole "you've killed PvP" notion is absolutely absurd on several levels. Truth be told, the bulk of 50s are in just three guilds, and these giant zergs are far more damaging to PvP than any content that could be released. If the current zergs were really interested in end game PvP they would have formed several smaller guilds, and PvPed. What this really amounts to is less greenies to devour with their nuthugging, competition killing, 90 man rosters.
    Makkir and Siren like this.
  5. Gromph Member

This deserves an award for dumbest statement of the thread.
  6. Milambers Active Member

Hopefully most people are somewhat interested in PvP, otherwise they would have rolled on Stormhold. Another 30 days wait really isn't much at all when more people are hitting 50 daily and the average previous expacs on live lasted a year or so.
  7. Dead New Member

Deathtoll Freep side is a ghost town.

Thanks voters, we needed another empty pvp server. 30 days from now they will be voting to merge this server in to stormhold like they did nagafen.
    Nightmre likes this.
  8. eXyst New Member

perhaps that's because its a weekday and its during work hours for the majority of players. also keep in mind that even on the pvp server, most voted no, so i'm sure it will be just fine. VOTE FIRETURD 2016, the legacy lives on
  9. Kendayar Active Member

embarassing thread
  10. Thetmes Active Member

You do realize that at the time of your post most people are still at work. Also I know allot of people in my guild have turned off general chat due to the inane drivel that is spammed there by some individuals.
    Shasta likes this.
  11. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

your utopian ideal of pvp wont happen pal. In fact the "large zerg guilds" were smaller at the start, and increased in size to compete with banned, so now darkhand is able to kill any contested aside from vox while being attacked with their full raid force. Valor was doing it by botting contested mobs

The fundamental problem will always remain in this game, if you cant have quality players, numbers will always defeat quality in eq2. Anyone leading a raid/guild that is out classed will try this. And if they arent out classed and are being out numbered, they will be forced to gain numbers. Its like an infinite cycle that involves all pvp guilds in eq2. Guilds might disband, and reform, but the numbers issue will remain.
  12. Siren Well-Known Member

Daybreak is making a special title, just for you: Drama Llama. :)
  13. Matddh Member

i guess reading is not very important to your argument.
  14. Laodaron New Member

I'd like it if they merged the servers, that means that their meager resources won't be spread over 2 TLE servers, and maybe I can get my petition addressed. :)

Honestly, why would I care if all of the level 50s leave the game right now? I'm level 25, and the zones I go to are loaded with people. And if/when I hit 50, I'm going to create a new character, and do it all over again on the other side. Then, maybe DoF will open. Really, I don't want the expacs to get blocked forever, but I wouldn't mind seeing a probably 4-6 month gap between them. However, I certainly do not want the economy changed, and all of the old zones to become instant ghost towns yet. I came back to EQ2 because of the idea of a slowly progressing server that really hits the nostalgia of what I remember from 2004 and 2005. If I play another year and a half just to only get to EoF that would be amazing. When the population is ready, we'll get DoF.
  15. Shasta Active Member

Yeah....I mean I only had like 20, maybe 25K open world kills Pre-RoK, and led two classes in kill totals in those eras, eras when there was a lot more PvP. What do I know? You're probably right.
  16. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Honestly, at the current mechanic we will never reach the next tier because all the family guilds want to get prismatics, their child needs to hit 50... etc. The list goes on, but the fact is most people do not post on the boards and rarely play so they will never vote yes, this i can see affecting a lot of the "rushers" very heavily. If you are level 50 right now there is honestly nothing to do, and i quested up so its not like i didn't experience the content on the way up...
    Dead likes this.
  17. Ydiss Member

You knew the deal with the server. I guess you started with the mindset that you'd quit if the expansions didn't get released. I guess I'll quit when it gets to EoF (if it gets to EoF) because that'll be when PVP will get spread out too thinly. But at least I knew I had at least three months play before I might quit (now at least four months) with a possibility that I may not quit for several more. You had a 50% chance of quitting after one month.

I guess your heart wasn't into this project that much.
    BulletCatcher66 and Shasta like this.
  18. Siren Well-Known Member

Hey, why don't you and all the droves of supposed quitters go and repopulate Nagafen instead?

Hooray, Nagafen will be saved from the chopping block!

:rolleyes:
  19. Dead New Member

I am talking about the last 3 days... 6:30pm-11pm or so.

Keep living in your fantasy world, forum warriors that don't even play the game trying to tell me the Freep side of deathtoll is healthy and bustling?

Delusional.
  20. Shasta Active Member

Freeport is fine, thriving even.. Yeah, we're never doing as good as Qeynos, that is true, but it's been this way on PvP for eons.Personally I love the underdog role.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.