Thule's Fearless Stud of Servants (Screen Shaking)

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Veta, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Neiloch Well-Known Member

This particular problem would be the equivalent of having the 'spider on the screen' non-stop and all mobs were spiders all the time. You are completely dismissing FREQUENCY. This isn't a 'if it exists or not,' binary problem and you need to realize that.

If you are not in a group or raid of multiple people wearing 'Thule's Fearless Stud of Servants ' http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/1442242434
    I GUARANTEE you have not experience the frequency or length of screen shaking we are talking about since it is unprecedented. You don't mind the screen shaking that occurs out of this items effect. Neat. Too bad that fact is entirely off topic and not even close to relatable to this problem.
    Doomey likes this.
  2. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Here's video of it

Beee and Jrel like this.
  3. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

You made your video private :(
  4. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

It's fixed as soon as a full art build goes out.
    Neiloch likes this.
  5. Neiloch Well-Known Member

apparently twitch doesnt know the difference between unlisted and private
  6. Doomey Active Member

7. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Any ETA on that?
  8. Neiloch Well-Known Member

I'm getting the feeling a full art build will be the compansion?
  9. Rainmare Well-Known Member

if that's it, Neiloch, then your right I see not one isues with it. I literally have to look at the ground to even notice the 'shaking' if I actually watched what you were doing, I didn't evne notice the shaking. I had to watch it twice to even get a sense of how often it was going off.
  10. Neiloch Well-Known Member

How nice for you.

In any event we have about half our guild needing to use the spell effects command to avoid various levels of annoyance/motion sickness/nausea/head aches. FYI studies show that about half the population is susceptible to such video game or simulator induced motion sickness.
  11. Jrel Well-Known Member

Yeah, your tolerance is above ours. That's waay too much shaking for me.
  12. Rainmare Well-Known Member

I just mean from the way you guys were describing it before, I was thinking it was like drunk vision were there was like 2-3 after images of everything from all the shaking. but that video...yeah that wasn't even noticable to me is all. but there fixing it, so good news all around.
  13. Veta Well-Known Member

From watching the video, I only see 5 ears in raid? Now we up to... 11? It gets worse with the more ears in raid.

It doesnt bother me in the slightest, but I guess I could see where it may be an issue for others.
  14. Mohee Active Member

Can there be an option in game to turn this effect on or off by itself?
    That would alleviate the problems some people have getting headaches or motion sickness
    and also keep those happy who actually enjoy this effect, making things feel much more immersive.

win win!
  15. Canth Active Member

Sure, /r_particle_priority -1 turns the shaking off, but it also turns off the bubbles on Krasnok's ship, Construct and Tribunal and other effects, which we need to see to not kill ourselves or wipe the raid.
    Neiloch likes this.
  16. Beee Well-Known Member

A very easy way to solve this (and a lot of related) problem: Lower the priority of the spell effects which have no real use.
    So we can play with one ore two turned on spell effects per char without this screenshaking, thunderstorms or other optical raideffects.

Playing with only 1 effect per char makes a raid almost playable ;)