The Prison Server Experiment -- Drunder

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Aug 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thepowersthatbe Member

Says a botter on Freeport we won't miss u either
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Wait, what? Isn't Lockjaw an EQ1 server? How does that even apply to EQ2?
    Luciar likes this.
  3. Ecugia88 Active Member

I may have overreacted with my first few posts regarding this idea. Having thought about it even more. I think i might join it with 2 of my accounts :p
  4. Margaritas Active Member

Could we also have a forums Prison? Some people here need a time out.
  5. Awkk Well-Known Member

Log files are thousands of pages long. Aint nobody got time for that.
  6. Sunita New Member

Haha good one, that'll be funny!
  7. Awkk Well-Known Member

How do you explain the many botters that SLR every night? Do you think they are all tabbing and hitting keys on each one of their 6 accounts? I dont think so, I think they are using programs, and they are getting away with it every single night.

The fact that people have been going back and forth and arguing about this for pages proves that we need clarification from Daybreak on whether Isboxer or other botting programs are allowed, and if so, under what conditions.
  8. Awkk Well-Known Member

We love you Feldon! :D
  9. keyi New Member

No possibility of rehabilitation if x amount of time passes without another offense? Seems shortsighted.
  10. Twelvetrees Member

I have one account primed to move to Drunder (by choice) on condition that the ruleset is FFA PVP enabled. Seen as Nagafen is soon to be removed this would be a nice alternative.
  11. thepowersthatbe Member

I'll stick with playing DCUO on the ps3 until all the botters are gone
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

If you are smart, you either manually rename the existing logfile every so often and allow EQ2 to create a new one when you log in next. Or you could use ACT, which automagically chunks the logfile. If you are letting the logfile grow huge, it degrades performance, so you ought really to be breaking it up every so often anyhow.

You are responsible for a child for eighteen years, and ain't nobody got the time for THAT either. I go back through my own logfiles to create ACT triggers, or lookup links people posted in chat, etc. etc. all the time.
  13. Jaden Well-Known Member

-------------------

Very cool DBG is taking steps in some other way finally to identify and filter out exploiters.

*Hmmmm adding some a couple of decent spicy marinated shrooms' and a tray of seven kinds of cheese slices to this thread!

I think its very intriguing. Drunder 'could' become the Prisoner Colony of Norrath and literally have all those like-minded players enjoying the fruits of their labor very soon! If its the atmosphere they like, they stay and pay. I hope of course there is some sort of recourse for simple blunders etc, but sounds like DBG has the rules ironed out pretty specifically.

In before all the posts by those who do currently exploit to try and filter the comments in this thread as responses pointing out any sort of aside they can, ie "well what about the innocent people who really didn't mean to/didn't know they were doing wrong/oh its soooo unfair/ and the piece de resistance: Now, now DBG you should NEVER spend time on this sort of server...you are taking time away from the live game and everyone agrees thats where your staff should be putting in effort..."

*Grins and waves g'bye to at least a portion of the exploiters...and waits for underground newsletters being released with headlines like: LIFE ON DRUNDER: DAILY STRIFE IN NORRATH AFTER MY FALL by Sir Error Gotcaughts. :D

P.S. ***Devs: How "experimental" IS this? Will those who go into it in this testing period STAY or are you using this as a measure of response and data and then re-allowing whoever does go there for this test period to come back, hopefully with a 'scared straight' attitude? :) Inquiring EQ II Subscribers really wanna know!
    Moonpanther likes this.
  14. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Pretty easy assumption.

Banned users still pay for their accounts: Keep Server.
    Banned users cancelling their accounts: Trash it.

I'm betting most will cancel their accounts.
  15. Losadunai Active Member

But the part about only being able to play on there if you are paying is Priceless. Gave me a giggle. Let them pay to troll harass and generally annoy the snot out of each other. Beautiful.
    Jaden and Moonpanther like this.
  16. Crinic_001 New Member

Interesting concept. Not sure if its going to play out but I can agree to this with one note.

The owners of EQII are setting this up not to help "good" players but to keep "bad" players paying their dues. Why lose money right?
  17. Karsa Active Member

When does vortex/ rapture server begin?
  18. Utulme Member

Lambs to the slaughter.......terrible
  19. GTHO Trolls & Botters New Member

Do this for EQ immediately as well. Get all the botters and trolls and put them all on one server.

A little taste of their own medicine is soooo much better then a ban.

I hope you hear my applause from the east coast.
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  20. Veta Well-Known Member

Then we have a less diverse population!

I honestly have no issues with botters or trolls.

People are blaming botters for the price of kronos inflating. Mainly, the prices of kronos have been increasing because the duplication scare is over and TLE servers require paid membership. People are also buying cheap kronos because it makes their plat worth something; as krono prices rise, so does the amount of plat they make back. There are plenty of other reasons for krono prices rising other than bot crews,

I personally do not like pugging all the time if my guildies are not on. Simply because I am really geared so aggro ripping and dying a ton is an issue, gets rather old. I'd rather some bot crew farm the item and I buy it from them. It saves me repair bills and burning myself out on content.

If you ignore trolls they will go away. If you are being trolled, you are obviously feeding them. Trolls are like bullies, if you keep giving them a reaction they will keep coming back.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.