Producer's Letter: August 2015 Updates

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, so it is the usual layout saving procedure...okay, whew. ;->

Uwk
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Speaking of our stuff, should we clear our Mail boxes out as well? I've never been involved in a merge, or a consolidation. ;->

And while our actual items may be safe, what about the customizations we've done to our Qeynos and Freeport houses? Do those get indicated on the layout file, will they be wiped when we go to "a whole new world"? :-/

Uwk
    suka likes this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And is there a way to detach a House Expander from a house?

Uwk
    Naramsin likes this.
  4. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

Well here I am trying to share legit information, but if I'm a troll for just passing on what was said by Holly, then that makes Holly a bigger troll. In answer to Griffon Lady...don't know why the quote didn't take.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I think what folks were upset about was the content of the message, not the messenger...I don't think anyone wants to see the kind of nightmare that will probably result from a "get your butt in now or your name's forever lost, or we'll let these jerk trolls get whatever they want, including yours, because they got here first" approach. :-/

To avoid that, the people that can (i.e., without pressing daily RL duties) and care about it will be waiting with baited breath to immediately jump on at 8 am PST on a Tuesday or Thursday, or whenever it would start (a weekend would be even worse, with more people available to jump in), and would immediately flood the network. As someone quite correctly related, boom, DDoS "attack." :-/

One of the less-thought out ideas the Powers have had, but I agree with Grun, don't shoot at the messenger, folks. :-/

Uwk
    who only has to "worry" about a handful of names or less, if EQ2U is any indication ;->
    Seefar, suka and Griffon Lady like this.
  6. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Not that I know of. I was going to say /petition, but I guess they wouldn't help on that any more. Does that marketplace thing where you can buy back lost items include things like that? (I'm guessing no, bu I dunno. XD)
  7. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Oh good grief. o.0 I wasn't calling you a troll. I was saying the whole update sounds like a prelude event for Troll based holiday. A racial holiday... (Are people really this defensive these days?)

As in, the trolls get to have a holiday stealing all the names they can, so it's a holiday for trolls.... Do you get what I meant now?

(DBG is kinda shooting themselves in the foot if they do this during normal business hours... Most of the people who pay subs/buy kronos with $ to sell in game are the same people who work during those hours... Wouldn't those be the people they'd want to butter up? Sure, you can ask someone to sit on your account to secure your name... but then you might wind up on the prison server for having another person "playing" on your account. XD)

On a side note, when the browser won't do the quote thing, copy what you were typing, refresh the page, then hit the reply button again till it gives you the quote coding, then paste what you type back in. I had to do that a couple times yesterday.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, GrunEQ and suka like this.
  8. suka Well-Known Member

yes and i also like the idea of being able to do a turn-in without people blocking my npc by getting on a horse or other big mount and standing on him. in eq1, they used to love to block the banker, usually with a pet. it is a hassle when you can't target an npc to do business with them because someone wants to stand right on top of him. this still sometimes happens on butcherblock, but not as often as it happens on large servers. this was one of my biggest complaints in eq1 and also in other games i play.

of course though, the whole point is moot if you try to do a turn in and can't target the npc because they are way underground with only the feather or book showing and even if you type /target (name) it ignores you and doesn't target sometimes.
  9. suka Well-Known Member

on rift, the flag is most often seen if you hit a guard of the opposite faction. even though the guard is an npc, you are flagged pvp for five minutes. if you don't kill another guard (or defend yourself) you will drop the flag. you also have the option of doing some guild quests that will transport you to the pvp server instances. and yes you can flag yourself.

of course, you can also flag yourself on any server in eq1, but it is considered the void path. once you choose to flag yourself pvp on a regular server there, you can't go back. however, if you transfer off zek (the pvp server) you immediately lose the flag.

they also have arenas there where you are flagged pvp while in them. i haven't looked into pvp much on eq2 so i am not sure how it is addressed here.
  10. suka Well-Known Member

the layout files are in a specific file folder in eq2 folder. it is called saved_layout_files
  11. suka Well-Known Member

no. however, they will grant it to you if they have to rebuild your house. don't relinquish it.
  12. suka Well-Known Member

don't take it personally. people often shoot the messenger but i don't think they really mean to. they are aiming at the message. happens to everyone. sad, but so true that they can make you feel bad for sharing that our worst fears are still coming true and what was promised to be resolved wasn't. they will lose a lot of people over this one.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and GrunEQ like this.
  13. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

I was NOT shooting the messenger. -.- I was saying that this update sounded like a prelude to a Troll based holiday. AS IN a racial holiday where trolls can steal names if it's a free for all. THANK you VERY much. For crying out LOUD people!
    Enoibia, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and suka like this.
  14. suka Well-Known Member

i tried to find what he was referring to but couldn't. he didn't quote anything and though i scrolled back up, i couldn't find it. i have been out of action for 5 days in a hospital so i was simply answering his post. and people often do hit the messenger when aiming at the message. but reading what you said later, yes i agree. sounds like a troll based holiday. sorry if i offended you.
    Seefar likes this.
  15. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

Thanks for the clarification, Griffon Lady.

I, too, do not like the idea of First Come, and I agree it could bring out the worst in some people. I'm hoping that somewhere between now and the consolidation they change their minds, but I have the sinking feeling they won't.

Here's hoping that people will go with a higher calling than trolling names.
  16. Edelphia Well-Known Member

In reading this post, I had to look to see if I wrote it!
    Everything you are saying here is exactly what our guild is all about. Playing the game and leveling up with the questline to enjoy the game, not just rush to end game and farm for gear. We have recently taken up raiding in alliance with another guild with similar views as far as attitude that it's a game and all we can do is die.

I knew I liked you for some reason other than looking up to your decorating Moonpanther! :D:p <3
  17. Edelphia Well-Known Member

So you are basically rewarding people for power leveling people up so they don't know how to work their characters? There should be a max number of levels, like 10, that you can be above a character to get bonuses like this. It encourages helping without taking the challenge of the game away from the lower level player.
    suka and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  18. Edelphia Well-Known Member

I agree with all here except the published housing. Breath life into it and make everyone republish houses and go see what others have done. If a house has gotten a trophy, please label the trophies with the previous server, then if people want to add the trophy into a home and republish, it can be seen that it was on Hall of Fame on the previous server. As long as we don't lose housing, items or dungeons, what is there to complain about?
  19. Edelphia Well-Known Member

Hello! Yes, I and several friends HAVE done character moves and had published houses disappear, dungeons go missing along with content, random house items go missing, and anything in the bank gone. I'd hate to see how long it will take the non-existant customer service team to restore said items, even if you have layouts saved to prove what was in said missing houses after a server merge!

At the least, I suggest saving layouts and unpublishing all your houses and dungeons before the merge and Empty your banks and mailboxes of items. Personally, I am emptying my dungeons into a number of prestige houses before then. I need to reorganize them anyway ;)
    suka and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

D'oh! Unpublish...I gotta do that. :-/

Thanks for the reminder! :)

Uwk