The Prison Server Experiment -- Drunder

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Aug 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cythemia Member

see people are already thinking ahead of the game...server dead, no one ever on? get sent to jail where it soon will be over populated. Kinda like a concentration camp lol.
  2. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

I really think that DBG would have very robust systems in place to be sure before sending someone's account on a one-way trip. People reporting players will probably need to have some extremely valid proof as well. I would hope that DBG would at least open some dialogue with the potential Drunder-ite before making a final decision and sending them off.
    Merriel, Mathuzilah, suka and 4 others like this.
  3. Ecno Well-Known Member

Someones thinking outside the box.... I like it, and I will if its a PVP server, as it should be. Think Jet Li and the movie "The One"... that prison planet they had with all the inmates/bad people. Same deal, and Jet Li lays the smack down on them...
    Wirewhisker and Sigrdrifa like this.
  4. Csipi Active Member

Actually it isn't just semantics. AoM came with a new mount, new merc and bunch of other goodies that these small campaigns do not have.

So yes, I would like to see an expansion like AoM again.
  5. Airvh Active Member

Can there be a list of people who've been banned?
    Wirewhisker, Juraiya and Dimak like this.
  6. Buffrat Well-Known Member

Is this really a bad thing? The rest of the population doesn't give any ***** about the actual gameplay of eq2, they just want to decorate houses and run around in the open without being insulted or contesting with bots. The only people who actually care about playing pve are either botting or were already on the list of players that inspired DBG to open this server.

If the server actually releases and isn't a slogfest it wouldn't surprise me to see the top 3-5 raid guilds being on Drunder. We both know there's players in every guild you'd rather replace with bots because of how awful they are.
  7. Winterfell New Member

Ummmm how easy is it going to be to get banished? I am a well-behaved player generally, but once I got reprimanded for swearing. Once.
    I don't particularly want to be sent to "prison".
    suka, Filly67, Juraiya and 1 other person like this.
  8. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I hope no really great house decorators are naughty!!! Since it is account wide move then I cannot use one of my five toons that will be freed up with the server consolidations. Making another account just to tour houses on Drunder wont work because I already had 2 paid accounts, cannot afford a third if I want to keep buying player studio items.
  9. Vexrm Member

Bravo. Best use of dry humor I ever did see. Bravo.

Sorry, DBG doesn't have my vote of confidence for this. I would like an appeals process in place or at least know there was a warning/discussion/SOMETHING before hand. I can see the item procs getting fixed and every one that logs in for an hour after that gets sent over to Dunder.

It's an interesting idea. I see what you are going for here Windstalker. Can we have more transparency?
    suka and Filly67 like this.
  10. Twinmoon New Member

Would that happen to be Mediripoph? lol that guy was kinda funny usually
  11. Adevil Well-Known Member

Different departments. Unless you think the IT department would be able to create a LAD or expansion.
    Juraiya and Neiloch like this.
  12. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Probably why they are calling it a 'campansion' and not a campaign, then.

I play MMO's to play with other players. If I had to resort to other means (bots) I would just quit and play a MMO that doesn't force that or play a single player one.

But this brings up a good point of: What exactly is the DOWNSIDE of being on this server? I mean if its just gonna not have CS, lol. Would be hilarious if they disabled raid content outright hehe.
  13. Bhayar Well-Known Member

When I first read this, I thought I'd time warped to March 31st. And Moonpanther...just remember, you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave--clever girl, haha. That said, while the idea may have merit, my concern is putting all the botters, hackers, dupers and other misfits in one location may not yield the results you want. Gee, let's share all our secrets; maybe you're all hoping they wind up like Lord of the Flies or something. My concern is that, by the nature of what they do, you seem to think you can control the outcome--which is keeping them on the island. Wasn't that the major theme in Jurassic Park? We all know how well that worked, haha. But I'll give you high marks for some creative thinking. The big problem isn't the creation, it's making it actually work without blowing up everything else. It will definitely be an interesting experiment.
  14. Buffrat Well-Known Member

I play MMOs to play with other players too. It just so happens 99.9% of the players in this game can't handle pressing 12345.
    Errrorr likes this.
  15. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

This!!!! Oh and just think, they can be exiles for real! :D
    suka, Awkk, Griffon Lady and 2 others like this.
  16. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Whats funny is you don't see how these statements are completely contrary.

Let me put it another way, I play massively multiplayer online games to play with a massive amount of other players, not 10.
    Kraeref likes this.
  17. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I feel sure this group will have a solid process regarding who gets shipped out. IP's would be helpful and making sure they do not make new accounts on the regular servers. I'm really thinking a few will quite enjoy their time in "prison". I love it.

*Brings in a cart of fresh margaritas*
    Juraiya and Dimak like this.
  18. Nortia New Member

A nice addition to this post would have been to provide a link to the rules being referenced. You know...so the habitual rule-breakers out there are reminded of what NOT to do in order to get thrown into Prison. Maybe that will help keep them from continuing on their current path.
    Merriel, Awkk, Juraiya and 1 other person like this.
  19. Leeroy 16 year vet. Forum lurker. Altaholic.

Nope it was Sepentius. Epic druggie from my hometown of all things.
  20. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

Having a /my account ignores your account would make ignore more useful in inhibiting troll activity. Nothing frustrates a loudmouth more than no one listening:) I was a GM on a game with a jail for disruptive players and it seems to cut down on disrupters for the same reason lol no audience:)
    Griffon Lady likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.