The Prison Server Experiment -- Drunder

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Aug 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. curse New Member

As long as it's FFA PVP, otherwise don't bother.
    Foretold, Juraiya and Neiloch like this.
  2. Juni Member

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your Nell Sig!
    Eles likes this.
  3. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Drunder was a very hard zone from the cobalt scar expac. I've never been in it, myself though.
    Moonpanther likes this.
  4. Wanic Active Member

If the rules are really strict about what gets you **** canned to the server, i expect half of the US server population to be there within a month.
    Griffon Lady likes this.
  5. Freeport-Parrah-Cleaner New Member

One thing, make every single item on the server no drop no trade lore and non heirloom. And disable Krono.
    Neiloch likes this.
  6. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

I don't think that many people actually break the rules, tbh even if you include the 'buyers' and not just the 'sellers'.

They definitely need to disable kronos on the server.

But make everything tradeable, remove all LORE NO-TRADE HEIRLOOM tags.
    Moonpanther and Rhodris like this.
  7. Kaeleana New Member

You are going to get rid of Nagafen and then make this server? I opt to keep Nagafen and stick to banning accounts...just sayin
  8. Adevil Well-Known Member

Now I want to watch Escape from New York again :D
    Moonpanther likes this.
  9. Kakra New Member

I absolutely love the idea!! If you can't live by society's rules then you don't deserve a place in it! I have often felt this was a solution to RL problems as well. Take all the serious criminals and put them on an island somewhere to fend for themselves.
    Griffon Lady, Juraiya, Dimak and 2 others like this.
  10. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

What if people are sent there accidentally?
    Or sent there by trolls?
    How is the determination made?
    Is there an appeal system?
    What is to stop those shipped to Drunder from simply making a new account and going back to doing what they will, where they want, anyway?
    Merriel, Lodrelhai, Nooloon and 2 others like this.
  11. Colavare New Member

I want to emphasize, that I am not making this post ironically, or in any way a joke, though overused, these are the words that fit.

Why is this a thing?

This is a dumb idea.
    This is a bad idea.
    I believe that you should feel bad for having this idea.

In addition to being a much stranger alternatives to suspensions or other actions, you want to give them their own place to mingle, with no sort of support, and mandatory subscription. That's a departure from sense.

I also heard nothing about the 'volunteers' being able to return, or nothing about disputing this action if you felt you were wrongfully selected for this 'punishment.' as there is no customer support for your character.

Please, please. Sit down, and re-think this.

EDIT: I know it doesn't matter, but I updated my name, and posted on here for the first time in years, simply to emphasize this point. PLEASE, try again.
    Saiidin, Lodrelhai and Nooloon like this.
  12. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Get sent there with kronos on your account.

Make a new account, buy 10 kronos, bot out in the open.

Probably because the amount of paying customers that would qualify for this server (thus suspensions and bans) is quite high.

The server is gonna need to be more punishing than just not having CS to prevent it from becoming a second AB pop-style server. I'm not sure what that solution could be to stay in line with trying to get 'the prisoners' to keep subbing.

I do like the idea of completely disabling any sort of economy or social interaction (public channels) since so many violators insist they aren't hurting anyone else. It would be fun to show them what the ACTUAL reality of not hurting or impacting the economy/playerbase with their actions would look like. If they are sincere they would have ZERO problem with those restrictions.
    Griffon Lady likes this.
  13. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

I flip-flopped on this idea a couple of times while reading through. I eventually landed on: It gives them a means to not ban botters and other goofballs therefore maintaining any cash flow from their subscriptions. It's a good thing, but kinda weird. If it wasn't so hot out, I woulda totally thought this was an April Fool's trick.
    Griffon Lady likes this.
  14. IntricatelyCarvedAcorn New Member

This is BRILLIANT!!!
    Dimak likes this.
  15. Issh Member

Is this a PvP server?
  16. Strings Well-Known Member

I would like to preemptively request that their forum accounts also get sent off to a prison forum, never to return.
  17. Leeroy 16 year vet. Forum lurker. Altaholic.

This is funny. Too bad they didn't announce this one on April Fools' Day like they did Rum Cellar...

I remember a troll on Blackburrow getting banned..... was a very public event. Dude had been ridiculing someone for holding an in-game memorial service for a family member. Pretty soon a GM came online to see what was all the fuss in petitions. He warned the dude; dude made threats in general chat against the GMs, players, SOE itself.....and poof he was gone. Permanently. But it would have been even more sweet to see him exiled to Rura Penthe Drunder server.
    Neiloch likes this.
  18. Kirzan New Member

INB4:

- Players in the server report that it's actually quite awesome and entice others to join in.
    - The server has more good-guys-that-asked to be there than actual bad guys.
    - People get tricked into thinking it's the best place to be (in the event that it's not) and now your CS has a whole new problem.

What is dumb:

- Account-wide / Forever. You're trying to look tough, but if this backfires, damn...
    - The ability to request to be on it.
    - The forced sub. Great play by DBG. Thanks for the transparency.
  19. Seryndipity Active Member

Make sure you have a cell for Gixx from FP server. If ever anyone needed this, its him lol.
  20. Mercadie Blue New Member

It's not a waste of resources, server merges aren't occurring because of the cost of hardware, it's the low populations. It doesn't take that much time to spin up a new server, and they already said there'd be no customer service so there's no cost there either. I think this is a great idea. Many might actually be happy there in fact.
    Vainamoinen and Juraiya like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.