The Prison Server Experiment -- Drunder

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Aug 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buffrat Well-Known Member

The real question is how horrible is the hardware going to be to encourage people to quit. 5 second spell lag in 6 man instances maybe?
    Neiloch likes this.
  2. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

*Leads the cheer* Drunder, Drunder, Drunder! *refills margarita and popcorn*

*wonders why the song Hotel California is playing through my mind*
  3. luminosa Active Member

I'm interested to see how it plays out, and I'm also curious about warnings and such. I heard tale of long ago when mischievous players would be banished to an island in the middle of nowhere as a timeout of sorts... Don't suppose that was an option, Holly?
  4. Wanic Active Member

Can we get those who constantly moan about SLR on the forums put there too?
  5. Ilovecows Active Member

I don't get the point of this. Anyone who is sent to this server is just going to roll a new account like they do when you permaban them. Wouldn't it be a better use of time to fix the exploits that people are using to cheat rather than create a whole new server that isn't going to do anything at all to solve any problems we have now with exploits?

What a horrible idea and a complete waste of resources. This has to be a joke... right? Right???
    Armageddoux likes this.
  6. Juni Member

Okay where's the rule book at? I 2 sometimes 3 box. and people are report happy. what happens if we get sent there for the wrong reason? how can we appeal it? and don't say it wont happen. I've gotten warnings for stupid things before. if your goin to do this it has to have an appeal process.
    Malleria likes this.
  7. Juni Member

I dont think so. I've heard other games have done this. or things like it.
  8. Eles Well-Known Member

maybe they don't want them to stop, because they lose that income :p but this will be an alternative to keep separated the "good" players vs outlaws.
    Juraiya, Dimak, Marilia and 1 other person like this.
  9. Wanic Active Member

Will SoE_Mod2 be there also?

I miss that trigger happy hammer wielding mod.
  10. Dendrelis New Member

What an interesting idea!
    Kittybock likes this.
  11. Chocoholic Active Member

It will be interesting to see how it plays out ...

I just want to give kudos to the team, because it seems to me you are thinking outside of the box (ugh, sorry, just had to use that old phrase, because it fits). I like that you are a team of people who seem passionate and engaged in what you are doing, which in turn makes me feel more engaged with the game.

It's a unique idea! Not sure how people who go there will feel about it though ... :eek:
  12. Chikkin Well-Known Member

April Fools joke? Lol
  13. Kraetec Active Member

Banning them means a loss of income for DBG. This solution retains the cash flow from those accounts. It's pretty logical and the reasoning is sound and obvious to ....most people.
    Juraiya likes this.
  14. Wanic Active Member

Unless Doctor Who just took you back in time.

Its Stanford for you
  15. Kittybock Well-Known Member

*hums along*
    ~you can checkout anytime you like, but you can never leave~ ;)

Banning, they can make another toon or possibly get around a blocked IP. CS--most likely--has to deal with them again and again. One way ticket to Drunder; done. Problem solved.
    Juraiya, Dimak and Moonpanther like this.
  16. E.Q.O.G. New Member

Can you please add a Counterstrike-style "spectator" mode for this new world, so that people from other servers can fly around as unseen observers, and enjoy the "Lord of the Flies" reality show? At the very least, I look forward to the streams and YouTube videos of their general chat.
    Maachilie, Sharann, Awkk and 6 others like this.
  17. Givin Active Member

So I guess the people that get shipped to Drunder also can never buy another account ever. Good to know!
  18. Kittybock Well-Known Member

^^This! I wonder how many will buy an Alt acct, just to go watch the fun!

Hmm, they did not say in their post that they could not buy another account.

I'd actually meant that those which had no reason to be SENT there, might want to buy and alt account and Petition for go there, to watch the shenanigans.
    Mathuzilah and Moonpanther like this.
  19. Zexian Member

Possible issues that may come up:

1. Legitimate players getting reported by report happy players thinking it would be nice to get said person out of the game (roleplay) because drama happened. This person gets shipped off and can't return because the account they shipped off has a whole lot of progress made on it over the years. Rare items. Etc.

2. The innocent will have little to no control and more than likely (if this continues to go through) will prove to be detrimental to an already declining player base on many servers. 'DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!' but take note, some of these trolls are good in raids or help out.

3. Someone may have a bad day, get mad, say something they shouldn't have, then next thing they know they're tossed onto this permanent server. One mistake can destroy a players enjoyment for the game and there for 50/50 chance of them unsubbing and leaving the game forever because they are taken away from people they play with regularly of have played with for years.

Each of these could damage the player base for the servers and I really hope the staff really look into each case because repeat offenders are the ones to ship off. Not the single offense 'I had a bad day' offenders that just are human and had a slip-up.
  20. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

*My margarita glass is empty.....looks for another blender*

The more I think about it, the more it intrigues me. Those who cheat and exploit will be free to do so, without the rest of us having to put up with them. The economies on the live servers might settle down to something realistic (might, no guarantees of course) and spamming gold sellers could hawk their wares to...other spamming gold sellers. I love the irony!!

It is a very unique idea, and I am interested to see how it works out. I assume that DBG will have VERY robust systems to prove beyond all doubt that the account is Drunder-worthy, and that they won't react in a knee-jerk way to someone sending in a report on someone else for a silly thing or to get back at them for something pathetic.

Also, will Drunder get all expansions/campansions/whatever they are called etc as the rest of the servers do?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.