Upcoming Server Consolidations - Vote on YOUR New Server Name!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Windstalker Executive Producer

Good day, Norrath!

First, we want to thank you all for playing! We have got the best players around. The team has taken the opportunity to spend more time on our servers lately and it’s been a healthy reminder about why we do what we do as devs. And it has helped us with our plans as well.

We kicked off the early planning phase for the server consolidation of some servers so we can get the populations healthier and feeling more lively. We have identified the servers we will consolidate into new ones. Through the links below, we invite the players from those servers to start suggesting area or NPC names for their new server based on a theme which we will put to a vote for those servers.

Butcherblock, Crushbone, Oasis -> Desert of Flames Theme

Everfrost, Guk, Unrest -> Kingdom of Sky Theme

Freeport, Nagafen, Permafrost -> Rise of Kunark Theme

As you’ll notice, Nagafen, our last PvP server, will have its players moved to a new PvE server. We love our Nagafen players, but the population isn’t big enough to support development effort to sustain a PvP server as well as we should. We are sad about that, but at the same time we are happy that the new Deathtoll PvP server is doing well.

The engineering work for consolidation is still being worked on and we will go into testing in the coming weeks. Part of our diligence is around ensuring all your houses, dungeons, guilds, and all your “stuff” goes with you. We will also add titles for players from each server so you can identify your original server if you’d like to!

We are excited to see how these new communities grow and develop and we’ll have more details and news as we get closer. We will post votes on each server related to the suggestions you put forward for the server names in the coming weeks before the moves occur.

As we do that work, you may have seen our prelude events for the content coming in the months ahead. We are also thrilled that Domino – known as Emily Taylor – is back on the team to dig into the housing and crafting side of our game. Those who know her will remember she has very unique talents in that area of design!

As always, there will be more news to come!

Be well, Norrath, and thanks to all of you,
    Belenos, Eles, Perrigrin and 12 others like this.
  2. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Welcome back Domino!!! :D
  3. Anunnaki Active Member

I'm not sure I feel that is balanced. You guys have the numbers, but to me it seems like Permafrost and Freeport are getting screwed. Especially if you like things like raid progression.
    Griffon Lady, Jrel and Siren like this.
  4. Nubek Active Member

For the Rise of Kunark Theme I'd like to suggest one of the following server names:

1. Veeshan's Peak
    2. Trakanon
    3. Venril Sathir
  5. BenBierman New Member

6. Siren Well-Known Member

Holly,

How are name conflicts going to be handled?
    Kittybock, suka, Griffon Lady and 7 others like this.
  7. Balcerak Well-Known Member

How about something different? Korucust
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  8. Starcloud Member

I am from Innothule which merged with Crushbone and is home for 11 of my chars. My big concern is what will happen to our character names. Please tell us we keep the chars incl the name we play with. Not want t think to far ahead, but if we need to pick new names for our toons because of a new server, eq2 comes to an end for me after almost 12 year paying player.

Starcloud, Crushbone
    suka, Griffon Lady, Rhodris and 2 others like this.
  9. Anunnaki Active Member

Throw Naggy to AB, and distribute Permafrost and Freeport to the other two new servers. That is the only way I can see this being properly balanced. Throwing Naggy in there doesnt do anything for population really.
    Raveen, Gharish and splatterpunk28 like this.
  10. Foretold Well-Known Member

Please keep what's left of Naggy out of AB. We got most of them already.....
  11. Nevermind Member

That's really crappy that you guys gave up on Naggy. There were so things that you guys could of done to bring that server back to life. Only if you guys would of listened to the players.
    Griffon Lady likes this.
  12. Anunnaki Active Member

Exactly. Lots of them went there already, and now they are throwing the rest of Naggy in with Perma and Freeport and calling it "equal" as the other new servers that get 3 real servers. Its not balanced at all.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  13. Neiloch Well-Known Member

PErma/naggy/freeport Seems kind of light on high end guilds while the BB/CB/Oasis one seems kind of top heavy.
    suka, Jrel and Anunnaki like this.
  14. Edelphia Well-Known Member

If you do a search on u.eq2wire.com you will see that there are only a couple other Starcloud characters, none of which are on the servers merging with crushbone. There is a chance someone has opted out of sharing and not showing up, but the chances of that are slim. Do your research before you complain.

I have 22 toons, I believe there are 3 that may need to change their names, but I'm sure I can figure out another way of spelling their names to make it work if need be.
  15. Malachy Well-Known Member

This is absolute truth. More than 2 servers is ridiculous. Deathtoll and Stormhold have very healthy populations, for now, but the rest could easily go into 2, not 3. I only have one character outside of the TLE servers and it is on Nagafen. I am happy that it is going to a PVE consolidation server; however, I don't want it to be on another half dead one. The poster I quoted has the perfect solution. And for people on AB that might complain, they're already on your server or they're on Deathtoll.
    Raveen likes this.
  16. Feldon Well-Known Member

Here's an infographic:

[IMG]
    suka, Prissetta, Griffon Lady and 7 others like this.
  17. Tabri Well-Known Member

Why Nagafen with us (FP) ? Why couldnt you just move FP into AB that way all my toons are in one spot and we will have plenty of raid guilds put Nagafen and Permafrost together with the other two new servers.
    Wirewhisker and Naramsin like this.
  18. Tabri Well-Known Member

Welcome back Domino!!!!:cool:
  19. Lera Well-Known Member

If Nagafen (or the new server) is no longer going to be PvP, can people on Nagafen get to move to a server of their choice?

Everfrost should have been merged with the Lavastorm server, and renamed Lavafrost.
  20. Ozymundas Active Member

Domino returning is the best news I've seen come out of EQ2 in years!