Producer's Letter: August 2015 Updates

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Aug 3, 2015.

1. suka Well-Known Member

by that logic, there would be 5 servers. one for role-playing (AB), one for PVP, the two TLE servers, and general play. and the PVP would still be empty because most people choose not to go there. and the role-playing would be the next smallest, like FV and Zek in eq1. the general and TLE would then be the biggest until they unlock all of the expansions on those - and then what? merge them into general and pvp?

also i haven't played on AB so i don't know if there are special rules there. but in eq1 on FV there are special ones- like the loot rules. stuff that is heirloom on the regular server is tradable there. so no one can transfer off it, even if they want to pay for the transfer. but it is free to transfer to it. zek has special rules because it is pvp, but you can pay to transfer off it. it is free to transfer to zek
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

omm just thought of something have you ever seen those people with a title in front of their name a last name and another title after the name ? now imagine another title after that all for the server they came from soon we are going to have names that are as wide as the screen and that from a 100 meters away
  3. Csipi Active Member

Where did you get 5 from? o_O

I dont think they will keep the PvP server, they shouldn't. Nagafen is a total ghost town. The whole point of this merger is to get rid of the dead population realms. If you keep one of them going, then this whole merge will be a fail because the will have to do it again. That would be a waste of time, money and resources.

If people want PvP they would have to sub to get on the TLE. It is win for Daybreak, they get more subs and the players too because all the PvP will be on one server.
  4. Thand Well-Known Member

i have some of the same character names on several severs. If for some reason they woudl merge someone could potential have for example Twink twinkx twinkxx twinkxxx twinkkxxx twinkxxxx twinkxxxxx twinkxxxxxx etc :) i wonder what happens if a X puts you over the limit for character name sizes
  5. suka Well-Known Member

the fact that you see people complaining about the removal of the pvp forums and that they are pushing for improvements to pvp tells me that there is an interest in the playstyle on this game. naggy may be small, but the pvp playstyle has special rules for play and shouldn't be crammed in with the pve playstyle. i don't care for pvp, but i am darn sure not going to tell anyone that just because i don't want to do pvp, they should have to buy a sub to be able to play it. that wouldn't be fair. if db doesn't want to cater to pvp, they should remove it completely. the fact that such an action would cause a lot of people to get upset should be enough reason to not take away their server.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

o well I tried out that tls and its full of people but when my membership runs out its over I wont buy cash shop things for characters I cant play any more in a view weeks
    for Nagafen well if you don't have anybody to fight its it s pretty much solo Pve right now besides that the event is going on right now so instead an average of 12 players on each side there are now 20 or so.
    Now that is a low population server if there s any
    and who knows if it works well Daybreak might open those new servers for general populations later
    Or if they need some bait for the pvp server X_X.
  7. suka Well-Known Member

they don't need bait lol. pvp is really a dying playstyle. at least here it is. seems other games have plenty of pvpers. what they need to ask themselves is what do other games provide for pvp that eq2 doesn't. it could just be that eq2 is more attractive to pve people than pvp.

no amount of bait will call a pve person to pvp. there is a reason for their preference of playing style. trying to get them to change is like trying to get someone to try a different lifestyle. or any other preference. they have reasons for their choices and "baiting" them won't change that.

eventually eq2 will have to ask the same hard question they did about apple. is there enough profit in it to continue to support it. i am sure there were more people with apple computers than there are people who want to pvp.
  8. suka Well-Known Member

9. Chienne-Errante Well-Known Member

I am hoping that they will follow the model of the 2010 mergers. It may not make everyone happy, but it seems to be the most fair. Instead of the first come first serve as some stated.

Character Names
    • In the event of duplicate character names as a result of this server merge, priority will be given to the character who has logged in to the game within the past sixty (60) days; if both characters have logged in within the past sixty (60) days, then the character which has accrued the most gameplay time overall will retain its name. Other characters will have an “x” added to their names until a unique name has been determined.
    • Players with a character whose name has been affected by the server merge can type “/rename” in their in-game chat window and receive a one-time complimentary name change
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I was not talking about pve people only but those that played on Nagafen but don't have a membership
    I totally understand being murdered and robed is not everybody's cup of tea and frankly what put me of the most was
    that you loos at least 60 % of your cash imagine you just picked up a lot of money from your bank to buy nice armor and bam
    you get murdered and 500 plat are gone I would quit the game.
    Rhodris and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Just found this thread while I was Searching for something else...21 pages in a little under 2 weeks, must be a speed record unsurpassed except by the Pro7 deal announcement! :-/

For the record, I've got 60 toons on Gold alone (more on Silver accounts, for house-visiting) on six servers, and nightmares about renaming don't even begin to describe it. :-/

All my Gold servers have at least 9 toons, usually more (with the requisite doubling-up of tradeskills, of course, but that's neither here nor there); I can imagine transfer tokens will be pricey ("Hey, you're only supposed to have seven characters, tops; you need 39 more,* for the ones you paid us good money for, slot-wise? Too bad! Ha-ha! Pay us lots more cash or lose them forever! :D") ... though there's only one Uwkete. :)

On Crushbone, anyway; sadly, I got the name from the in-game random generator, and I have seen other Uwks out there, from other servers. And yes, I will need to know if you're force-"consolidating" everyone from, say, Crushbone, before you start shipping us off, and what we have to do beforehand. :-/

As a matter of fact, just TELL US which are to be "consolidated" as soon as you know, and we'll start prepping. :-/

[*21 slots are "free" on Gold: 7 for your home-base (either US or EU/other) servers, 7 for Test, 7 for non-home-base servers (either EU/other or US)]

Uwk...who, perhaps, ought to read the other several hundred more entries, and:
    whose Horde is on (Gold):
    Antonia Bayle
    Crushbone
    Everfrost
    Splitpaw (UK)
    Storms (Fr)
    Test
    and (Silver):
    Butcherblock
    Freeport
    Guk
    Oasis (I have a character named Dacci there, and one named Dacci on Crushbone [played a lot longer]. What will happen if those two servers are merged--whoops, "consolidated"?)
    Permafrost
    Unrest

So, basically, everything but Nagafen, because I loathe PVP and always have. I was also going to create a couple newbs (one Good, one Evil) on Stormhold, but I ran out of character slots... :oops:
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Brilliant! :)

But again, it'd probably be AB or one of the time-locked (I am NOT being forced onto a PVP server. Try that, and I quit, taking my toons with me:mad:). ;->

Uwk
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Might've been for the TLE servers? Not sure...

Uwk
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen. I mostly solo, too, once I lost the people I'd originally come in with (largely because the Art Department had cranked up the requirements so high, my friends' machines couldn't handle it any more, and contrary to popular belief, entire computer systems are NOT "Recession-proof"; also due to changes in our once-casual guild leadership that eventually convinced me to leave that guild I'd been in since Uwk's birth), and pretty much always had on other, non-Crushbone servers. I have no problems whatsoever with true-soloing (I don't molo; it's adding insult to injury to force us to pay RL money to something that may or may not be useful, that charges us gold/xp to "help") any character class except for maybe Coercers during Nights of the Dead (that Hedge Maze center is a killer, literally). I've tried PUGs recently, and quickly remembered why I usually don't, except maybe with guildies when one or both of us have the time. :-/

That being said, I will say that I have met decent folks to interact with (I also play at odd hours), which can be cool. The real issue here for the company is, I think, do they keep paying for servers that are hardly populated at all (though I'm still not sure how a server "pays for itself"; is there a difference in revenue streams between a server with 10,000 people on it and one with 100?)? I'm sure they're taking all the old "we can't find anyone to play with!!1!!!!1!" comments into account, but it's really "all about the Benjamins," as they say. :-/

Uwk
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You are "new" as far as the forums are concerned. ;->

Uwk
    who'd vexed the old forums for years, and was a "new member" on this one back in...2012? Maybe more recent than that, more like 2013 or more, since we lost the old forums (due to the Pro7 explosion, I think, though the color backgrounds on these are better!)
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

LOL! Dude, tell me you're still being sarcastic... ;->

Uwk
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And fix the existing bugs that occur when transfers get made. :-/

On that note: have people lost stuff when server mergers/consolidations/whatevers have occurred in the past, or just when an individual has had to transfer? I was strongly considering transferring when Pro7 hit the fan with all 9 (2 extra slots were paid for, to get all of the tradeskills) of my freshly-made toons on Splitpaw...saved up my SC, did not spend any of it on SOE products, and bought a Transfer Token for each of them when the Tokens went on sale...just in case. Had everything packed up, ready to go, not played with or decorated, for months, until Smed finally tweeted, or twitted, or whatever, rather than telling us directly on the forums (had to find out second- or third-hand), that as long as we had an existing account, regardless of where we were in the world, if we really, really wanted to, we could keep paying SOE our subscription money. :-/

Uwk
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Tried to get something regarding "ham-handed" off Google, just got an image, strangely enough (and no, hams had nothing to do with it ;->), so never mind. ;->

Uwk
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'd say, just do the "last name in concrete" bit if there are duplicate names. I imagine that if myself and the other 3-4 Uwketes I've seen out there (at least on EQ2U) were all merged/dumped onto one server, will-we, nill-we, I really doubt we'd have the same last names. Our Uwkete [Whatever] would be set in stone for us, but my Arglwyddes or Peklochlapec should be fine, name-wise...unless, of course, there's Welsh or Czech players that get dumped onto that server, too... ;->

Uwk
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Brilliant! I'm safe, even on my Silvers. If it was under level 10, rather than level 5 for a new system, I'd have to kick one dude from 9 up to 10 on Butcherblock, and log in with them all (unless the "hadn't been played in 60 days" would still be one of the requirements that had to be "met" to be destroyed, rather than having those three criteria be "either/or"). :)

Uwk