Will You Help With a Malicious Threat?

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Roshen Well-Known Member

Will you confront malice in Norrath?

[IMG]

The mage house of Kelethin's House of Falling Stars and Neriak's Disciples of Innoruuk have both felt something disturbing a nearby location. They are looking for adventurers willing to investigate and help them uncover a threatening campaign being carried out. Players welcome in Neriak should speak with Virun D'Xyafin in Darklight Wood, while those that are welcome in Kelethin should speak with Miriel Tawnyglade in Greater Faydark.

This in-game event runs until Wednesday, September 16, 2015.
    Rose, Kuulei, Pantero and 6 others like this.
  2. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

And based upon current Gnomeland Security intelligence gathering,... where is this campaign focused at that we may direct our efforts along one front,...
  3. Louly Well-Known Member

An Event :D :D well that will pull me off the TLE for a bit lol sounds like fun!
    Rose likes this.
  4. Jinksie Well-Known Member

Ceyarrecks - Once you've done the intro quest, you can find the mobs in any overland zone that is not the ethernere. For lvl 100 - I recommend Tranquil Sea or Phantom Sea. Use tracker if you have it, I just searched on Primordial. It is best to fight mobs in zones at your adventure level. If they are grey to you, no baubles will drop (via a chest.)
  5. Louly Well-Known Member

well how do you start. I'm at the bone tower no activities I can see and I can't get inside never mind got it :)
  6. Merriel Well-Known Member

Wow talk about a short event. Only a few days long? Glad I have time to play but I feel for those who don't have the time to do so. Ahh well, such is life.
  7. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

It's a month. Today is 14th August (my time). The event ends 16th September.
    Rose likes this.
  8. Merriel Well-Known Member

Ahh my bad. I somehow missed that it was until Sept, lol. Thank you for the clarification, Rhodris. :)
    Rhodris likes this.
  9. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

All good. I've woken up thinking it was Saturday, only to realise no, it's actually Friday and I still have to go to work :(
    Rose likes this.
  10. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Uh, nope.
    with whatever change that was introduced with AoM, I experience single digit FPS in TS; everywhere else in Norrath 20-30 FPS.
    and not finding Primordial anything in other zones, Antonica, mentored down to 70 in Bonemire, mentored down to 90 Eastern Wastes, nothing.
    in Enchanted Lands. I did find a whole single group of lvl 35 Primordial, so I walked up to them,.. nothing, no change to my level or anything, and while I was hailing them, a member of the Kni guild stole the group.

DEVs, can we have this event in the mission area in Vesspyr Isle please? that way one can be assured not to be bothered by the self-centered, inconsiderate, players,...
  11. Jinksie Well-Known Member

Ceyarrecks - sorry to hear about your performance issues. I've had no issues in PS or TS. They are easy to find, although I've figured out the secret spots where they cluster. I can get 50 baubles in about a half hour's time, easy.

I assume you have done the starter quest? I do not know if mentoring will help. You might want to read through the test notes on the event, lots of info there. Seriously, it's been super easy so far for me. Two toons down, 24 to go...

And side note - they are not supposed to change level - they are leveled to the zone they are in.

Once you've engaged in the fight, no one can steal your mob from you.
  12. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Jinksie:

Thank you for your response.
    and yes, I spoke the elf in Kelethin outside the Falling Stars hall, the quest Malice in the Glade is completed,....
    have not found any other Primordial beasties nor the bubbles -shrug-
    think I am going to log off and turn in, mayhaps the morrow will shine brighter,....
  13. Siren Well-Known Member

When I saw this topic on the launcher and followed the link, I half-expected to find some story about a hacker attacking the EQ2 code, lol!

Man, I've got to stop reading Digital Forensic Investigator News! :p
    suka, Katz and Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr like this.
  14. Awkk Well-Known Member

As of today's patch. I get 7 or 8 lines of spam saying "Requires Time Locked Server" when I log in, join or leave a group, or zone.
    Feldon likes this.
  15. Rhyszial New Member

I'm getting the same "Timelocked Server" message and have yet to find any spawns after the starting mission, regardless of zone.
    Feldon likes this.
  16. suka Well-Known Member

ceya don't hail them. they will change in level while you are on the starter quest. you are supposed to kill them, not hail them. once you have finished the starter quest, you can mentor down to kill them in any zone you want
    Rose likes this.
  17. suka Well-Known Member

i guess if you are not 100 you don't get over 34k status. my ranger only got a bit over 29k
    Rose likes this.
  18. suka Well-Known Member

Rose and Awkk like this.
  19. Draco New Member

I take it that this event is only available on the "live" servers and not the TLE's?
  20. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

That is correct.