Producer's Letter: August 2015 Updates

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Alenna Well-Known Member

So She explained to me we are ok now ;)

and yes I don't think you should be left out either.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Belenos and suka like this.
  2. Valkerie Member

OR.. the second one to log in gets his choice of an X or an O.. that way he could be BOOB! :)
  3. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

[quote="Belenos, post: 6237789, member: 4607"
    I am not against grouping per se. You want to know why I don't group now--it is very simple:
    People will not SLOW DOWN long enough for me to even see where I have been while in a group. That's it--the entire reason--anything else is just frosting on the cake--just reinforcement of the ultimate reason: PEOPLE JUST WILL NOT SLOW DOWN LONG ENOUGH TO EVEN SEE THE ARCHITECTURE OF THE DUNGEON. This has become the rule, not the exception. If I actually take the time to look at the stats on a piece of gear before passing, greeding etc., the group is already gone and pulling again. It is a miserable, chaotic experience, especially to someone like me who took pride in being able to deconstruct an encounter by splitting mobs, creative pulling, feign-dead pulling, giving tank time to get some aggro, but no, not now--it is hurry, hurry, hurry! Pull the whole room and give it he11, "cause we gotta get finished and do another, and I don't really give two sheets who you are anyway, and I won't even see it anyway, cause it will be scrolled up by the time you type it because I will be pulling the next room by the time you type it, blah, blah!"
    [/quote]

One of the main reason I don't group for dungeons, raids, but mostly in over land. If I want a shiny or to mine the group just keeps steamrolling ahead. And there is no time to look at loot and compare to what you have before rolling on items in dungeons/raids but gods forbid if you make a mistake and roll wrong.

Also, keeping up gear and all the other things to be a "great" raider is more work then it's worth and much like a job. It got to where I would not log in because I just didn't want to feel obligated to join a group. Not to mention I just can't commit to certain times and/or days with my real life schedule.

When I do group now days, it is with folks of like mind
  4. Jeeshman Member

I asked for server merges and I don't think a merge will force people to group with me. I do, however, want pick up groups as an option. They're not an option right now on Everfrost. PUGs aren't my favorite thing, but I haven't had as negative an experience with them as you've had. I've met some really nice people by joining PUGs. My chance of encountering more nice people in PUGs will increase if there's a larger pool of people. My point is, I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't lump everyone asking for server merges into one category, "Jerks Who Think They Can Force People to Group with Them."

It's too early to know what they're planning, but I'll be shocked if every existing PvE server is consolidated into one or two servers. That seems like overkill to me. It's too early to worry about it at any rate (in my opinion anyway).
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Juraiya and suka like this.
  5. Charlice Well-Known Member

I agree, in part.

On Rift you can flag yourself for PvP on all servers. I don't see why that couldn't be done EQ2. They also have / had pure PvP servers.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and suka like this.
  6. Veta Well-Known Member

You can flag yourself for pvp. Send a message to general chat about dueling on sinking sands docks =).

On a serious note, pvp flagging would be neat. The are a few issues at the current moment, would be low population which they are trying to fix anyways and everyone sits inside guild halls.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  7. Bhayar Well-Known Member

One of the main reason I don't group for dungeons, raids, but mostly in over land. If I want a shiny or to mine the group just keeps steamrolling ahead. And there is no time to look at loot and compare to what you have before rolling on items in dungeons/raids but gods forbid if you make a mistake and roll wrong.

Also, keeping up gear and all the other things to be a "great" raider is more work then it's worth and much like a job. It got to where I would not log in because I just didn't want to feel obligated to join a group. Not to mention I just can't commit to certain times and/or days with my real life schedule.

When I do group now days, it is with folks of like mind[/quote]
  8. Charlice Well-Known Member

Dueling is no more PvP than BG's is. That of course is MY OPINION, others mileage may vary.

I meant with the new server though. I can't see Naggie staying open, so what happens to the f2p PvP'rs?
  9. Veta Well-Known Member

I was being facetious =). I am surprised people still play on Nagafen; the population has claimed to have been dead forever, the only difference is those that can pay for items such as kronos/subs will probably already being playing on the TLE servers anyways. This would be due to people wanting this type of server for a while now with specific pvp rules that were chosen by the community. I think making pve servers have an option of flagging would be neat though, I highly doubt anyone would do it.
  10. Nevermind Member

I don`t sit inside my guild hall and not many do. I`m working on getting Ferrins, Farseas token and my fraction up with Farseas.
    Moonpanther and suka like this.
  11. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Moonpanther, I know exactly what you're talking about. I have seen this crazy, insatiable desire to blow through a dungeon like a hot knife through butter. Rush, rush, rush. I'm not looking to drag my heels by any means, but my goodness, give me a chance to actually look at the loot drop before I need or greed on it. Especially with some of the stats and bizarre effects they've added to loot drops. And then people wonder "why is this happening?" when an effect triggers on stuff they got but didn't bother to actually read the effect.
  12. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Well said Suka!
  13. Charlice Well-Known Member

You did it with such style I didn't notice. ;)
  14. suka Well-Known Member

i remember the last merger i was on- it was on eq1 - and we had to empty our shared bank because if we didn't. we lost it. not that hard - just empty it on one of your toons with nothing in their bank- you can get it back later
  15. suka Well-Known Member

i can think of some other reasons- loot hogs (not as bad on eq2 really but kind of broke me on grouping while still on eq1), people going afk while on autofollow without even letting you know, or if they do let you know they don't come back for a long time while you wipe a few times, people running off in different directions coming back to the group with a train in tow while you already have your hands full. there are lots more. i have more problems with people not understanding how to act in a group, how to stay in a camp set up while the puller brings the mobs to us, and things like that than i do with people who don't know how to play their toon.
  16. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I disagree, you have a subscription, the manner of payment should has no bearing. If you are subbed at the time of the merge, despite what method you use for payment, you are a paid member thus should have preference. Now you could take into consideration the amount of time you have been subbed. I.E if toon one has been subbed for 1 year v. someone subbed for a month.

Time played should also have preference. Account creation should not really because someone may have a created an account at launch but have not played for 5 years or even the last year. So time played in game should take precedence.

As far as the one poster gloating, humm we don't know exactly how this is going to work and I actually don't think gloating does anything constructive. Everyone has a right to feel the way they do and to express it in a civilized manner. :D
  17. Moonlit_Evening Well-Known Member

I have suddenly become incredibly paranoid. Not only am I Free-to-Play -dodges rocks thrown at her- but compared to other players I have only been on EQ2 since October of last year. Does this mean I will lose my name for not being around as long as another Xirevening on another server? Also, some individuals move to low populated servers because there is too much lag, freezing, and crashing on other servers, ex. Antonia Bayle. At this point I cannot afford a 4GHZ system so I have to deal with the restarting, freezing and lagging on my 2GHZ laptop. If Unrest merges with all servers, and becomes as populated as AB does this mean I will no longer be able to play? Also, same question about the Guild and preparing for the move. Also what is going to happen to my houses? Since if I lose them, as a decorator it will be pretty devastating.
  18. EvanRock New Member

I know its gonna suck about name change but just think more people on server more to group with we can deal with a name change if we have to they wouldn't do it if there was no complaints over there being no people...
  19. Charlice Well-Known Member

Don't panic! You should not lose your guild or your houses, but to make sure you have their layouts, save them prior to the move.
  20. suka Well-Known Member

even those of us with a 4ghz machine have problems with lag. i am on butcherblock and i have problems with lag. more so when i go anywhere around a lot of water (yeah the new zones). really wish they would address the lag of the servers before making a new one - or i am wondering if they plan to rework the new server to address this problem?

they said we won't lose anything and i assume that means exactly what it says.