Producer's Letter: August 2015 Updates

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Alenna Well-Known Member

which leaves those of us who pay by Time cards and have been keeping it up for 4+ years in danger of losing thier names? I've kept my all access up with no interruption for the since 2008 using time cards and should lose my name because I don't use a credit card for a recurring sub? I don't think so. I"ve kept up the sub since 2008 using time cards with no interruption at all I should get the same consideration as the credit card users. i"m good till end of the year so far and plan to add some more time middle of this month.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Belenos and suka like this.
  2. Zarya Member

Totally agree with you. At times I wish I was on Nagafen to PvP but I am on a PvE server and due to the population issues it is really hard to make that jump onto the current PvP server.

If they allowed the map to house two different versions (PvE and PvP) it would help provide PvP in a much larger server providing services like Warfields. Plus it will open up many other possibilities when it comes to PvE events (Raiding) for the PvP community. It is not like they cannot do this since they do have a blend of Battlegrounds / Warzone and it is the perfect time to implement this with the server consolidation.

If they do this I think many would love it to be honest.
  3. Kurisutaru Active Member

I don't see where in my post the word credit card is mentioned.. but oh well. :p Anyhow, I don't think it would be too hard for the company to figure out who has been a member/paying costumer (there, wording it differently) for an X amount of time. Either way, this time around, it should be a deciding factor as well. IF they use those rules again, that is.. :oops:
    Juraiya, Belenos and suka like this.
  4. pzpz Active Member

"recurring" is code for "sub via cc, not kronos pleb" in the soe account system.
  5. Alenna Well-Known Member

if you look at what I bolded that is what htey call the subs done through credit cards set up to take out when due.
  6. Armageddoux Active Member

but there is only one true real Feldon !
    The problem is not that Feldon want to be Feldon, but really that WE want to be sure that when we talk to Feldon , WE want to be absolutely sure to talk to the original one not to lemon Feldon or Feldon salad or Feldonxxx
    ;)
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

o my :eek: what about people that have characters on both sided on a Nagafen ?
    how do you deal with their shared bank ?
    o yea and about all those trolls I got one shes really pretty :p
    and yea please , pretty please with wiped cream and sugar on top and a cherry too
    can we get those game cards back those are the only way for kids to get memberships or plain old
    money for the cash shop.
  8. Raff Well-Known Member

For the last 5 yrs or so there have been numerous threads demanding server merges now! Dammm the torpedoes full speed ahead.

Now, right on the cusp something actually being done, they come outa the woodwork with all the reasons why its not a good idea, afterall, lolol
  9. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

[IMG]
  10. Kurisutaru Active Member

Sorry if there was a misunderstanding.. not my intention. Maybe I should've phrased my post better. :eek:
    suka and Belenos like this.
  11. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Trolls huh? The people who didn't want to lose their names in a server, people who lost friends in the last 2 servers because those friends were really into their character, the people that knew the cross server grouping was on the way... we're the trolls? -.- cute, really cute...
    You know what? Go learn how to give a crap about someone other than yourself, and learn how not to call people with a differing opinion a troll, gain a little patience, then come back.
    If losing identity wasn't an issue, there'd be almost no one against a merger, aside from people like me who find it extraordinarily annoying to try to do a quest and not be able to get a single update due to the hoards of people doing the same quest. Still, I wouldn't be entirely against a merger for that one reason. Losing players is why I'm against a server, or at least for some way to preserve people's identities.

But hey, if you can't manage to see other people's viewpoints, that's your little problem. Call us trolls all you like. I'd rather be falsely accused of being a troll than be pitifully ignorant.

And by the way, if you had bothered READING entire posts by people like me that are against a merger, you'd have seen several suggestions on how to make a server work without losing any players, or suggestions on openserver travel, or cross server dungeons before the devs had mentioned it... but you know, go for it on the name calling. -.- Is it possible the lack of grouping was more personality/reputation related?
  12. suka Well-Known Member

i don't think she was thinking about those who pay with credit cards as being non-recurring. i think, and i am not a mind reader so i may be wrong, that she meant those who were regularly subbed as opposed to f2p. an f2p player sometimes subs when it is convenient. but mostly they are f2p. she may also have not thought to exclude people who for personal reasons that can't be avoided, allow a sub to lapse one month and picks it back up the next with only one break. if that person has subbed for years, i don't think they should be left out (i let mine lapse a month due to a surgery i could not avoid - just an example).
    Simparri, Juraiya, Alenna and 2 others like this.
  13. suka Well-Known Member

they changed that description
  14. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

>.> I don't want to sound mean, but I like how the PVP is segregated. PVPers are just way more aggressive than the average player. I'm thinking that's one of the reasons behind Nagafen not being able to join multi server chat channels... along with massive ganking parties called from other servers... I'm glad there are people that enjoy PVP, I hope they make lots of new stuff for both play-types, but please keep the PVPers away from me! XD
    I honestly think, if I were forced onto a PVP server via merger or what not, I would buy a plane ticket to the HQ and show them what IRL PVP is like till they put my toons back on a PVE server. Not even joking. She-Hulk will smash!

The thing about having PVP and PVE on the same server is this. Eventually, the devs will try and force people into PVP. People forced into PVP will be ganked over and over and hate the game. I literally threw Warhammer in the garbage. Collector's edition. College student/mom/starving artist/packrat threw the big expensive collectors edition in the garbage due to being forced into PVP. Same with AION, City of Heros, WildStar, World of Warcraft (My husband dragged me to a PVP server there >.<), etc...

How about this crazy idea. People who love PVP, be greatfull the PVP was ADDED (yes, PVP was added after a little over a year from EQ2's release), and stop trying to get closer to potential, unwilling, victims. -.- Pick a purely PVP game to play on the side to slake your bloodlust. I don't try and force you to decorate houses like I love to do, kindly rack off with your PVP pushing.
  15. Kurisutaru Active Member

/agree

I too am one of those against server merg- */cough cough* I mean "consolidations". And as you know have also been quite vocal about it. Alas, seems it will happen. So the only thing I can hope for is that it will not be rushed and it will be done RIGHT. So pretty please, my beloved developers, take as long as you need! ;)
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I was the first to respond to this post and I still think this mergers are a good idea its just that all those concerns are popping up
    and all I want is do some preparation work so I end up with my little world on the other side all in one piece
    and don't anybody say the devs don't care I am shure all the ideas that came up here are considered
    If its possible to utilize any of them I am also shure it will be done
    I have more than one unique name that I would hate to loose but to hang my eq2 cloak on a nail just because I don't get my names again I would never think of doing. ( anyway all you out there STAY AWAY FROM FANTON's name)
  17. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Only one of my characters has the name "Rhodris" and she is on Splitpaw :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  18. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Just want to say I couldn't have worded it any better.
  19. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

You must not have read all the replies to the merger requests. There were a few of us on each one, reminding people of how many players we lost in each merger after they lost what they held dear in the game; their identity. Selective memory, I guess?
    So many people that don't care to think from or care about anyone's point of view but their own. :\ And they expect everyone to care what they think should happen. Where is the logic in that? Where is the balance?
    I guess in this day and age, dammm everyone else. :\
  20. Alenna Well-Known Member

no problem. I"m sorry I misunderstood. :cool:?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Belenos like this.