Windows 10 Launch

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Moonpanther, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Almost forgot, when you install Win 10 do the custom installation and turn off ALL the privacy settings. MS got a little crazy with this one and is practically key logging you if you leave the default settings on...
    Moonpanther and flameweaver like this.
  2. flameweaver Well-Known Member

And unless you enjoy being spammed with "focused" advertising when logged into Microsoft live, or totally irrelevant advertising when not logged into to Microsoft live, don't use Edge as you browser, default to either IE11 or Firefox.
  3. Pariel Active Member

This is awesome - how on earth to you change the images on the tiles?
  4. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I did this and I've updated this lap top til it says no more updates available. It gets to Windows media gets to 100 percent and then it has an error and cuts off. I've done some research and it says I need KB 2919355 update, which I've checked and I don't have at all. And cant seem to find where to down load the darn thing.

I already upgraded from 8 to 8.1 successfully with no issues. I've been at this all day trying to get this done to no avail and like I said the updater says there are no more updates available so now what???
  5. Nicodemius Member

Think I'll pass on Windows NSA Edition :cool:

"Finally, we will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to: 1.comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies; 2.protect our customers, for example to prevent spam or attempts to defraud users of the services, or to help prevent the loss of life or serious injury of anyone; 3.operate and maintain the security of our services, including to prevent or stop an attack on our computer systems or networks; or 4.protect the rights or property of Microsoft, including enforcing the terms governing the use of the services – however, if we receive information indicating that someone is using our services to traffic in stolen intellectual or physical property of Microsoft, we will not inspect a customer’s private content ourselves, but we may refer the matter to law enforcement."
    Moonpanther likes this.
  6. flameweaver Well-Known Member

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42327 for 32bit or
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42335 for 64bit

There are a number of updates in this package, suggest you download and install all.
    Moonpanther likes this.
  7. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

flameweaver likes this.
  8. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Well unfortunately there is not any social media, browser, or any other type programs that do not collect personal information these days. Even if you use the savings cards in many stores you are being tracked. It is all around us these days. I, however, must use many of these products for business reasons. Welcome to the new Orwellian Order my friend.

You would have to go completely off grid these days and move out in the very very backwoods to get away from it. It is what it is. The time to have stopped this type of crap was many moons ago, but no one paid attention. :D
  9. Juraviel Active Member

I installed Windows 10 last week and it has worked fine. The only thing that I had to do outside of the upgrade was get the new Windows 10 NVidia driver using my GeForce Experience. I've upgraded two PC's and my laptop so far and it's been a positive experience so far.

I play three games primarily - SW:ToR, Lord of the Rings online and EverQuest II and I've had no troubles running all three.

Overall I am pleased with Windows 10.
    Moonpanther likes this.
  10. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Yes, I play primarily on EQ2 except when I get hubby aggro and then I spend some time playing SWTOR with him. :D. Of course still doing some testing Landmark as well. I figured I would try it out on my laptop first to see how well things go before I subject my desk rig to it.