Producer's Letter: August 2015 Updates

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

^^^ This.
  2. suka Well-Known Member

lol while i agree with you that i don't want my server to merge, i don't think they meant to take every server other than AB. there some servers that scarcely have enough people on them to merit the cost of the bandwidth to keep them running. those are the ones i think (i could be wrong since i don't claim to be able to read their minds) they mean to bring together on one server. that would give them some free servers to do something else with including assign them to other games where they might be needed more. i am hopeful that they will realize that putting all of the servers together would not really be a good idea and i am hoping that they will offer free transfers for those who want to be on the servers they keep running.
  3. Arieva Well-Known Member

Since time locked server launched Oasis is a complete ghost town. Nothing going on in general chat..nothing going on in LFG (but a few ppl begging for groups hour after hour). All this discussion about name changing and server consolidation is fine and good but perhaps it should have happened *before* the time locked servers went live. If a plan isn't in place to consolidate, merge or whatever, pretty soon there won't be anyone left to consolidate. I wouldn't want anything to be "ham handed" but those of us that didn't jump on the time locked server bandwagon are left with not a damn thing to do but solo in this game, and I for one am looking for other hobbies. That's not a good way to keep subs.

Let me save you the time of "looking into server population". They all need to consolidate besides AB. You're welcome. Now lets get to it.
    Ruckus and Malleria like this.
  4. Belenos Well-Known Member

Do you play on "all" of them? How do you know they "all" need to consolidate? With the crass attitude you show in this post, it is understandable why you have trouble finding groups. Server merges will help only so long as it takes for those with bad attitudes to become known for them again.
  5. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

If the regular servers are ghost towns, that does then mean that the only ones who played there were subscribers anyway? Where did all the F2P players go? You have to be subbed to play on TLE, so if "everyone"* has ditched the regular servers for the TLE ones, does that mean that even F2P have stumped up the cash or Krono to head there too?

*I'm well aware that some long-term subscribers are not interested in the TLE servers and don't play there. I would not imagine there would be too many of those people though.**
    ** Oh no, I've been reading too many of Rotherian's posts - I'm picking up his footnoting habits!! :p
  6. Breta Well-Known Member

If I were you I'd check your attitude first. All it takes to know the situation is to read the forums. Then you would know that /whoall on Nagafen return like 30 player, Freeport has reported under 100 players, almost not general and grouping going on Unrest, Permafrost was dead even before TLE thing hit etc

Not force just give the people who actually care about grouping bigger pool of players to do so with. I bet most of them wouldn't be interested to group with you either.
    Griffon Lady likes this.
  7. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, the folks who are happy where they are and have built their own communities are being forced to move when they would really prefer not to. Just because folks are not grouping through general or lfg does not mean there is no grouping going on. Folks form guilds with friends and/or family and only group with them. Then there are the solo players who just enjoying playing the game at their own speed and doing what they want to do rather then having it dictated to them by others.

I honestly think waiting for the cross server dungeon finder and including raids in this would have been better, but that is only my own personal opinion. I've played many games who thought merging was the answer only to find out that people who don't group still don't group after the mergers thus you still have the same issue, just a bigger crowd. :D

As to folks on the forums, we are such a small minority of folks that play the game. Many may read the forums and never ever post, so we don't hear from the majority. Some folks don't even bother with the forums. I've always been against the mergers myself, but I don't begrudge others to try to see if that helps their issues. I do feel bad for those who don't wish to be moved and are happy with their little communities where they are, or for the solo player who just loves doing what they do in solitude.

I will be interested in seeing the results for sure.

Now, for those with concerns, this is not Daybreaks' first rodeo so to speak. I'm sure they've learned a great deal from past mergers and to be fair we've been hearing from them a lot more of late. Put in your suggestions and certainly voice your concerns, but let's do it in a polite manner and leave out the dev or daybreak bashing. Grandma used to say you catch more flies with honey then with vinegar and I've found it to be true. Granted I have to sit on my hands a great deal sometimes, but I try. I've seen some great suggestions here so lets' see where it goes. Things have happened in the last few weeks that prove they are listening to us. So lets all try to keep an open mind. :D
  8. Breta Well-Known Member

Community wise, nothing is gonna change, except for size. When /whoall return less than 100 players you know server is dead. For all the hc harvesters who are complaining about not enough nods DBG could introduce special free transfer to a barren server so they can rejoice over all the nods. Of course merging all the servers into 1 or 2 would most likely not be a great idea, but I'm sure DBG knows that too. My personal experience after 2 merges I been trough is overwhelmingly positive.
  9. Antisocial Member

Pretty sure everyone here would be happy with the decision to make the new server PVP. Might want to run an in game poll, but I'd be ecstatic if it could also be FFA with everyone re-starting in Haven.
  10. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Are all servers (other than AB and Freeport) being moved to one big server? What about the PvP server? If the PvP server scrapped and moved over to this new consolidation server, will all classes be finally turned into neutral?
  11. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Unrest is now the same way. I just stand around and count the tumbleweeds as they roll on by.

Actually, I find myself playing Path of Exile more and more when I'm not raiding 8-9 hours a week.
    Zarya likes this.
  12. Ruckus Well-Known Member

I can see a bunch of diehard players taking vacation time to be the first to reserve their names. I can also see a bunch of trolls doing the same thing, just to snag names of people they want to screw with. I can also see a bunch of people who have bad reps getting a free name rechange, and now I'll have to ignore them all over again and learn to avoid them. This is going to also screw up my friends list if people lose their names (or change their names if that is going to be an option.)
  13. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Tumbleweeds
  14. Ruckus Well-Known Member

And finally make all classes "neutral" on this new server.
    Malleria likes this.
  15. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I am not sure how many others have done this but I have a toon named the same on almost every server. I use all but 2 of them for just touring houses. The two I play or will be playing are on AB and Stormhold. Been waiting to hear what servers will be merged so I can get rid of the extras.
    Griffon Lady and suka like this.
  16. Foretold Well-Known Member

This is the kind of misinformation that is spread when people freak out and start posting their suppositions all over the thread.

There has been no mention of how the servers will be merged. Holly says they are studying it to determine the best course of action. Anything else you may have heard is just people talking out their *****.
  17. Ruckus Well-Known Member

One of my bestest friends in game has the same name on a character that she plays nearly every day on Unrest. She doesn't show up on EQ2wire, so if we all end up on the same server, it's going to make this topic interesting.
    suka likes this.
  18. Alenna Well-Known Member

I said at least. I suspect there may be more and some servers may still have a healthy population so will not be part of it the consoladation

welcome to the early days of EQ2.

Devs are taking the time to study all the information they can get before deciding which servers and how many.

No one is thinking of forcing those of you who want to solo to group with them they are hoping that others on other servers that want groups will be there to group with. chill you'll still be able to play in your *antisocial way :p

*just joking I believe every play style is valid even solo and hope you are enjoying the game.
    suka likes this.
  19. Ruckus Well-Known Member

I started asking questions before I made my way through the 13+ pages worth of posts on this thread. I finally stumbled across Holly's post 30 minutes after I posted my initial comments.
  20. Wurm Well-Known Member

Oh I got to it, and Roshen's "hey whoever gets the name first wins!" post as well.

Hence me saying it sounds like SNAFU to me.