Producer's Letter: August 2015 Updates

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Aug 3, 2015.

1. suka Well-Known Member

are there really some servers with only 8 or 9 accounts? wow
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. suka Well-Known Member

yes i know people who have written books about their characters and some even have websites devoted to them. people really get into roleplaying. it becomes a very creative form of entertainment that is really enjoyable. and i have seen it used as a basis for some personal writing that some people hope will turn into nice ingame books- and others that have already done so. now if we could just get those books into Ceyarrecks' library so everyone could read them.
  3. Antisocial Member

I don't see a single problem in this thread that can't be solved with some good old Daybreak Cash and a Marketplace item. Have faith, my friends, we're in good hands.
  4. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

here here!
  5. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Both of which requires REAL MONEY, and for those being disabled on a fixed income assure THEY ARE LEFT OUT!!

so no.
    that supposed item would solve nothing.
  6. Thunuderfueler Member

The solution to lower level area problems is to make new overland areas for lower level toons. It seems all of the new expansions that happened before were for increasing the places for high level characters to play.Sure it was exciting to see all the new areas but, nothing was done to increase the desire to make or play a lower level toon thereby making it a grind.

I am co-leader in a guild with a tier 3 guildhall in Antonica. It took literally 3 months of decorating to get it to where we are now.
    Am I to assume that we will have to do that all over again? Also what about all the plat and status in the guild escrow?
    The guildhall is not the only concern. I have seen people's houses that I am sure took a long time to fix up just the way they wanted it.Some are very imaginative and complex to assemble.

Are the new campaigns going to give Agility armor to Int users like the Brewery? I have gone thru the Brewery as solo and advanced solo with my SK and got leather and cloth armor rewards. After seeing this happen I have not taken another toon through there and have regretted even buying it to find that out.

So I guess we now have yet another place to report bugs that don't get fixed. Gone are the days when you could get a GM in the game to fix an issue. Gone are the days when you could go to support and get a live chat. Gone are the days when you could actually call the company on the phone to get information. Has the staff been cut so severely that DBG is asking for players to take a JOB to moderate and verify bugs? Sounds like free labor to me. The game is supposed to be fun and not work.

I am retired so I have ample time to play yet I find that not as interesting as it use to be. It's a shame really because I love EQ2.
  7. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Ma'am:

Unlike many whom seem to be using the time servers, I was actually HERE, when all there was was the Isle of Refuge. It is unclear WHY this was ever removed in the first place, unless the "illusion of scarcity" was the plan all along,....
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, suka and Juraiya like this.
  8. Anaogi Well-Known Member

So long as my name(s) don't change and the new server is called 'Mistmoore'...

(Also, can somebody with a red name please wake up and clarify the way this is working? Reading that summary gave me a migraine...)
  9. Alenna Well-Known Member

we'd better be able to keep our shared banks
  10. suka Well-Known Member

lol he was being sarcastic. he always gives us the other view with a sarcastic tone. it is his way of bring a bit of humor to relieve tension
  11. suka Well-Known Member

and they can say to save the layouts, but what if the items don't copy over? if they stacked we might could carry most but not all. since they don't stack, carrying them over in our bags is impossible. as it stands, i don't know how i will fit everything in my shared storage on my toons much less my house vaults and dungeon maker dungeons
    Edelphia and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  12. Foretold Well-Known Member

Wha??? Where and when was it stated that toons would lose everything and start over??? Have you ever done a server transfer before? You lose NOTHING.

For all previous server merges, NOTHING has been lost, unless your guild didn't have a leader. That was the only thing lost.

The only difference now is that they are creating a new server. Instead of dumping one existing server into an existing server like they have in the past, they're going to dump a bunch of existing servers into a new server.

You won't start over at level 1.

You won't lose your coin, your prestige houses, your guilds (I presume unless they have no leader).

Your name is going to be your biggest and really, ONLY issue.

Geebus, where are you people coming up with this? The rumor mill/hysteria/stupid worry over nothing is out of control!

Oh and copy/paste. Yep, works with databases. Hahahah....
  13. suka Well-Known Member

and ceya, remember all those cute little villages where we could get housing? they are not on the TLE server. the housing is now in Qeynos and Freeport and all of those neat little villages are boarded up and won't let you in. it is not a real progression server. the only thing authentic on it is the island. you can even buy krono on the marketplace there.
  14. Ummmyeh Active Member

I sympathize with you all, I will be irate if my dwarf guardian Gimli, my Half-elf Ranger Legolas, my wizard Gandalf, my human tank Aragorn, and my halfling friends Frodo, Samwise, Merry, and Pippin lost out on their names. OOOOOOH, so mad, would quit so hard!

I don't get it, LOL. I think it was abundantly clear in the message that first come first serve gets the name. You have the time to get on here all red-faced stomping away on the keyboard about a name, I assume you have time to log on and secure your names. JUST. DO. IT.
    Seefar likes this.
  15. Majesty Active Member

I'm sure it seems over the top with everyone replying upset about the current situation but for the ones that are serious about it being a game changer then its important to post. I'm hoping they can tell the ones that just complain from the ones that have funded this game for years and hit the straw that broke the camels back phase. I have never been so selfish to want anyone to play the game my way. I also want to be able to have my style and what is important to me. For some.... its not hysterics..... it could very well be the Armageddon of my paying subscription and for people that have funded this game without fail for years, we deserve to be able to post what is a game changer for us. I'm sure they are reading these posts and are trying to figure out what they need to do. They had to know what they would cause posting such a vague comment on something that is so major an issue for so many. They put out so many polls and votes on so much junk that there has to be a way better than throwing a comment out there like this and not trying to ease peoples minds. Silence might be telling its own story.......
    At any rate, save all the ZOMG its Armageddon, tinfoil hat hysterics for when we find out EXACTLY what they intend to do.[/quote]
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and suka like this.
  16. Alenna Well-Known Member

So someone who just creates name the day the new server goes live gets the name over someone who has had it and played the character since day one? do you see and understand how unfair and wrong that is or are you just trolling.

Please can a red clarify what Rosen was saying are we in danger of losing the names of our characters we've been playing( for some of us since day one others since they started the game.) to someone who
    1. created a character years ago and then did not play it at all who decides to finaly log back in on that character
    or
    2. creates a new character the day the new server goes live.
  17. Raiivann Member

Yes, and we've made it abundantly clear that we believe this is the wrong approach. The company has asked us to voice our opinions on decisions; that's what we're doing.
  18. suka Well-Known Member

umm- yeah you don't get it
  19. Lera Well-Known Member

Obviously we can't have server merges without someone having to change names. Changing everything to another system like Star Trek Online's accountname.charactername or The Secret World's nickname system would require a lot of changes to the game and the database - and I remember the thread on EQNext where an STO-like system was discussed and a lot of people complained about that, too.

My suggestion would be this: if you're a subscriber at the time of the merge, you keep the name over someone who isn't. If both accounts are both the same tier, whoever's logged in within the past week keeps the name. If both accounts have, whoever had it first keeps it.

First-come-first-served might seem fair, but since these things usually go live in the morning, a lot of people will be at work and can't take a day off just to secure an MMO name.
  20. suka Well-Known Member

sounds good except that it should be according to who has played the most. if someone has been in a hospital or on vacation or on a job for the past week, or deployed (yeah some still are) but they play as often as they can, it isn't fair that they should lose their name just because they haven't logged in during the past week. it should be based on playing time. not inactive time. but actual playing time. nothing else should take precedence over the person who has actually played the toon the longest and put in the most work.
    Seefar, GrunEQ, Kurisutaru and 5 others like this.