PvP Time-Locked Expansion Server Feedback

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Caith, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Tract New Member

http://imgur.com/CuvvGp6

What's up with this? level 9 brig on good side in DLW? As soon as I saw him I tried to make a good brigand, and it did not allow me to.
  2. GBlack Active Member

You said there will be no grandmasters. That is good but could you also nerf the class training from grandmaster to master as it should be?
  3. Peak Nagafun

Class training is meant to be Grandmaster. Originally, it was called Master II.
    Unless it wasn't always that, but I remember it being that at least in DOF. Not sure about earlier.
  4. Gromph Member

It was, through EoF at least.. maybe longer
  5. Dull4h4n Member

Still disappointing to see respawn mode is still battleground status. Zerging is the go to strat. Would like to see players at least going to an adjacent zone if bind is too much (in my day we ran from bind in the snow uphill both ways with potential bind campers).
  6. Tract New Member

By all means zerg, tell me how that goes with revive sickness.
  7. Punchie Member

Now that all players can get to FFS, can you start working on a resolution to add protection from pvp in the main town area. I'm sure it was an oversight, but they were able to come in and kill players that were afk, crafting, banking, brokering, etc. Maybe a no pvp border surrounding the upper town area. Or high level aggro guards in that arera like all other city area's (e.g. Qeynos, Freeport, Neriak).
    Damoke, Faragel and vernon like this.
  8. vernon New Member

Please please add some sort of protection in FFS especially around level 10 quest hubs
    Damoke likes this.
  9. Siren Well-Known Member

This is intentional and is the way things were at launch. Back then, enemy players could even zone into your inn room (it was only one room and not two back then) and kill you there. It was pretty hilarious.

My vote is to leave city PvP on as it is intended to be. It's actually quite exciting if you give it a try. You will also notice that there are no level restrictions in the towns, either. Gentle Reminder: Most other MMORPGs have no level restrictions *anywhere.* There's none of this "randomized pseudo-dueling" that we have here with level ranges in the zones where you have to find, with surgical precision, someone within 8 levels of a griefer to take them down, while most of the leveling faction watches on from the sidelines, helpless. Eesh.

I'd love to have the level restrictions completely removed in ALL EQ2 zones on the PvP servers, period. Say there are three L29 griefers wiping out all the L21s in Thundering Steppes. It would be way easier to ask in faction chat if "anyone level 28-50 can come help" than trying to get three peeps within 8 levels of the griefers to come down. Heck, only one 50 could easily do it. See how much easier it actually becomes to help your faction?

I can't wait for town PvP rules at launch and I hope Daybreak doesn't change them. I have the feeling people are going to cry over this one, but I wish they'd allow themselves to acclimate to these rules first; it's really a blast!
  10. Milambers Active Member

If they're gonna leave cities as open PvP then they should increase guard presence.
  11. Nachu New Member

the guards in FFS aren't agro to freeps though. In DLW there are guards in the quest areas that Q's have to avoid. in the city of freeport there are TONS of guards that Q's have to avoid. right now FFS is open season. (we kind of deserve it for being able to pvp in DLW the past week or so but for live it needs to be made even.
    Siren likes this.
  12. Nachu New Member

That was me. /bow

so i made a swash then went to the change citizenship npc and they let you change class now without a questline.
    Aerietti and Siren like this.
  13. Xephane Active Member

Yet another reason why FS was a terrible idea for a starter zone on this server, but I guess freeps get some advantages now :) you can still get to our starter zone.
  14. Xephane Active Member

Frostfang is only a one way zone... Just went to check it out and now I can't get out haha.
  15. Clairvoyiant Member

Yeah they didn't match the starting zones which is weird to me. They should of used TD instead of DLW just because it matches Halas so well.
  16. fozzlingreborn New Member

you can take the griff back to Qeynos Gates but you are gonna get rocked by 30^^^ guards instantly.
  17. Siren Well-Known Member

Okay, so we need some guards in FFS to match the ones in DLW, and Freeps need a way out of FFS once they get in.

Can Exiles get into FFS too (and DLW for that matter)?
  18. Siren Well-Known Member

1.) Wow, where is this NPC exactly? And is there one on the Freep side as well?

2.) Is the Betrayal quest still the original one from launch that goes Q-F and F-Q?

3.) Does anyone know if the Frostfang tradeskill NPC who gives the quest line that opens up all the Expert spell lines was eliminated, because Freeps don't have one, or do they make the Freeps come into FFS for that now that they can ROFL?

Sorry, but I'm working right now. :p

*ducks*
  19. Naroc Active Member

Both Citizenship NPCs are in Neriak and Halas. You can also do it if you're a Qeynos/Freeport citizen by speaking to the NPCs in those cities as well.

Currently Exile is not in game on Beta. The old dialogue option "I would like to go elsewhere.." is now used for switching classes instantly. Hopefully this has not broken the Exile quest starter when this server goes live.
    Nachu and Siren like this.
  20. Siren Well-Known Member

Thanks, Naroc!
    Nachu likes this.