PvP Time-Locked Expansion Server Feedback

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Caith, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Baish New Member

Well the problem there is that Freeport gets one through a quest line. So if you're proposing they take both quests out I would totally agree. But if 1 stays in, and the other is broken, then it is very unfair.
  2. Frinch Well-Known Member

I think it's mainly preds-- where did all the brigs/swash/bards go? No need for heals atm if you're playing a pred. They're bad too, overlapping ccs and stuff cause the delve on their aa is so high it doesn't matter.
  3. GBlack Active Member

Did not know about Freep quest. No, it should be removed on both sides.
  4. Daarkstar Active Member

No fame from reds? I'm happy with this.
    Siren, GBlack and Xephane like this.
  5. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

titles are lame. thought you all were coming for the PvP? From the sounds of it people are gonna hug bells and title *****. what a bunch of lamers.
    Tituli and Siren like this.
  6. Nadasdy New Member

Haven't had time to play much this week, did they change anything to the normal summoner pets (Nightshade/Knight/Sorc)? Was only a matter of time til Blighted and Awaken got/get nerfed, they honestly were not that broken at 50. My Master1 Blighted Horde would do 30-40% on someone and most scouts knew how to deaggro and it was a waste of a cast.

Now I go back to the old days of sending my pet and running around trees in circles, cc's never landing, and waiting for AA's and consumption. Cant have scouts having competition at being broken.
    Fetish likes this.
  7. Dixa Active Member

normal pets got a huge mitigation nerf. their base mitigation regardless of what the paper doll stats say is always 0% - even on the tank pets.

even on pve I expect most groups to field scouts for dps over the summoners
  8. Drew575 Active Member

Devs can you please fix the remote broker and remove it from pvp server & add the fence back in? I know that in t5 theres a broker for both in lavastorm
    Naroc and GBlack like this.
  9. Healface Active Member

First of all, there was a compromise. If you aren't excited about Exiles, there will be a server specifically tailored to your needs.

Secondly, I could not disagree more with you. This strong community has worked hard through many expansions to balance PVP and make it an awesome experience for everyone. A little history lesson. Player driven changes did not ruin PVP - it was all the broke features, that was never called for in the first place. I think almost every PVP veteran can agree with this statement.

This new way of approaching the community through votes is awesome. The devs will bring up relevant topics and the players will decide the outcome. If DBG manages to hold on to this mindset, EQ2 PVP is here to stay.
    Tubsass, Trivursar, Naroc and 6 others like this.
  10. Siren Well-Known Member

No, it was actually ver batim PvE content dump after PvE content dump getting unceremoniously added to the PvP servers (like BGs, PvP gear, AA slider, instanced content, instant travel, flyers/leapers/guild halls/prestige housing etc.) with nary the slightest thought of what it would all do to open PvP that killed open PvP.
    Tubsass, Tituli and Daarkstar like this.
  11. Kendayar Active Member

Bards have buffs that dont even work. Swash is just a brig but worse right now. Brig used to have Dispatch but no need for that with the mit nerfs.
  12. Baish New Member

What bard buffs don't work?
  13. Igochan Active Member

Please, tell me. Who ruined the old fame system?

a) A bunny from Antonica
    b) Innoruuk
    c) This strong community
    d) All of the above
  14. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

the devs changed it because all of the pve changes ( all classes have eleventy ways to evac, god spells)

though some scrubs complained about it surely. we could blame them too. Or the people who hugged their fame like a hero in a disney movie, we could blame them as well. We could blame obama, I believe he made georgeson in a lab somewhere and I believe he was programmed to destroy SOE from the inside. OR it was brad mcquaid, he made eq, because he knew there would be a sequel, and there would be pvp with a fame system, I think that was carved into the stone wall in the SOE/DBG headquarters bathroom wall, as some sort of prophecy of the future that is now. WE MUST MAKE THE RIGHT DECISIONS IN ORDER FOR THE PROPHECY OF THE MCQUAID TO BE COMPLETE.

but seriously. Lets dial back the blame game. Alot of things changed pvp for better or worse. We have to hope it was a learning experience for the devs, and hope they make the best decisions for pvp as a result. Finding whats to blame isnt the solution, especially when you are trying to either prove a point to someone on the internet (because that always works out when 2 people want to be right, amirite?!) or make yourself look smart ( OMG guys GNOMES BUILDING ZEPPELINS KILLED THE PVP, I PVPD DURING PRE ALPHA BETA GAGA SO YOU CAN BE SURE THAT I AM THE MOST TRUSTED SOURCE OF INFORMATION HERE AT MY ASSOCIATION OF ARMCHAIR DEVELOPMENT)

Just look at the problems/issues objectively. Lets wipe the slate clean and blame no one. Lets look at what we can and think about how it can positively or negatively change the game for pvp. We know not all changes can be made, lets find out what we can do, instead of mulling over the history of something to find out who or what is responsible. We cant change the past d00ds, lets work on making the future worth our time, and not get locked into frivolous arguments on whats to blame in the past. We need objective analysis at this point.

TBH, blues ruined the whole pvp server. h8 u blues, go eat soiled ratonga jerky!
    Savne likes this.
  15. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

troub dehate song doesnt work atm i dont think, which is a pretty important spell for them in pvp.
  16. Healface Active Member

We could spend all day pointing fingers but I will say this. The community I am referring to, is the core of veteran PVP souls, that did not ask for a revamp of the old fame system or the introduction of BG's and Warfields on a PVP server. The list goes on, but who cares - it's the past. Hopefully the new way of polling gamebreaking updates will continue (I don't think anyone is uncertain about the outcome of an exile vote, if it was made on the actual beta TLE PVP server)
    Trivursar likes this.
  17. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

TBH healface hacked into the gibson and changed the game ruining it for us all.

so the answer is E) Healface
  18. Pawder Active Member

So how is the population on the server? Is there a lot of pvp going on? What class is most common? What class is most broken? What class is OP. Is MC gear really good? Is it remotely what everyone was expecting?
  19. Siren Well-Known Member

You know you're gonna break down and be there for launch next Tuesday anyway, Pawder, so just pony up the 15 bucks now and join the fray on beta. Then you'll be able to form your own opinion. :p
    Pawder likes this.
  20. Caith Developer

The original fame revamp was due to a massive amount of player feedback asking for just such a thing. Warfields were created after enough feedback convinced the team that the PvP community needed a destination or goal to keep them focused into a single zone at specific level ranges to keep the population from spreading too thin.

This idea that the PvP changes were all developed out of thin air with no player feedback motivating them is absolutely false. I don't bring this up to cast or avoid blame by the dev team, I do it to point out the history so that hopefully we are not forced to repeat it. Keep in mind the fact that many of the changes that players remember hating after they were implemented, were implemented after enough people complained about something that it motivated the dev team to do something about it.

We see it in evidence today whenever someone posts about how horrible all the changes "that no one asked for", while also asking for a slurry of changes.
    Healface, Savne and Ardur Duradan like this.