Stormhold (PvE) and Deathtoll (PvP) Servers Open Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Milambers Active Member

Disappointed more time isn't being taken to fix known issues, but I appreciate that decision comes from higher powers than the devs. Thanks for doing this in general.
    Feldon, Rhodris, Slant and 2 others like this.
  2. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

Yes thank you very much devs. One thing though, since you didnt ask the players testing on Beta any of the survey questions, would it be possible to allow us veterans to redeem some of our rewards, maybe XP pots for example? Seeing as they will be allowed in the cash shop... that would be really appreciated.
    Daalilama, Siren and Jaden like this.
  3. Squzme'Myfault New Member

(returning player here) Ok, what exactly IS the point of a TLC? Same areas, zones, quests as the regular Live servers, but the level cap is set for a while. Whats the diff between that and Progression Guild activities on Live servers. Maybe Im missing something or just plain dont understand the concept.
  4. Foretold Well-Known Member

Part of it, for me, is to set the playing field back to level. No one has 1203970980 plat in the bank... we are all starting over, no twinking, no huge plat advantage. There's a lot of fun in that. Starting from scratch means you get excited when you loot an adept spell book for your toon. Now you need that spell - you don't just hop on your sage and spit out a bunch of experts the day you create your new toon.

Also, grouping at low levels will actually exist, for a while. There's a ton of content I missed from vanilla because I spent the first 5 years of this game soloing. Of course, I've chrono'd down and seen it all since, but it's not the same. I am looking forward to experiencing the zones and raids I missed.

I'm excited for it, even with all it's blemishes.
    Aerietti, Taishar, Rozyn and 6 others like this.
  5. Squzme'Myfault New Member

Thank you for that explaination. Now it seems to make more sense to me :)
    Rozyn, Deadlyne and Belenos like this.
  6. Schro New Member

Some questions:

1. Will /claim rewards exist? If not, it is possible to buy XP potions from the marketplace? I'd prefer none at all on the server, but I don't think its fair to allow people to buy them when I don't have access to my /claim rewards. I am okay with not having 6 year vet status on a new launch server, but id like everything up through a year. I don't think its fair to be at the mercy of people that will just drop $100 and level to max in a few days.

2. Are tinkering and adorning going to be available from launch?
    Siren likes this.
  7. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

If you want a do-over, where everyone starts out fresh at about the same time with no at- cap population, this is the server for you.

If you want the old launch experience with the Isle of Refuge, the villages, etc it's not going to be there mainly because DBG doesn't want to take the time to do it. Do I think they are shooting themselves in the foot? Yes. If they would take the time and effort, they could do at least double size of population of what they will deliver this month. Frankly I think the only time locked server that will survive with any population will be the PvP. Guess we'll see.
  8. AltEfFour New Member

First off, all this outrage over not having IoR is absurd. You literally only spend an hour, two tops, on that god forsaken island.

Secondly, a lot of the questions being asked in this thread so far have already been answered in other threads, go read, and if you don't want to take the time to go read for yourself then don't play on this server cause your going to fail, your going to have to read your quests and not just follow a magic glowing line.

Lastly, these servers are not going to be perfect by any means, what game is? I have owned Dayz standalone since it became available for purchase and it is still a broken mess of a game. At least DBG has put in some effort and made some tweaks in a timely manner. Only negative to DBG thus far in my opinion is their CEO shooting his mouth off on social media and effecting the player base for multiple days.
    Streppoch, Nuhvohk, Luet24 and 3 others like this.
  9. Lysanthria New Member

I have some questions. Can someone please answer them in clear, non-game lingo English? First, does everyone have to go on these servers or if we choose not to will there be other regular expansions to look forward to on the old servers? Second, on the new TLE servers, we must start over with new level one characters? Will we have to option to go back to the old server if we find we don't like the TLE servers or are all those characters and their houses gone? Third, are there houses to be bought on the new TLE servers? I like the housing on EQII as it is right now, but new ones would be ok if we had a lot of different ones to choose from.
  10. Foretold Well-Known Member

Can someone please answer them in clear, non-game lingo English? First, does everyone have to go on these servers or if we choose not to will there be other regular expansions to look forward to on the old servers?

No. You are not required to play on the new servers. Yes, there will still be expansions on the regular live servers.

Second, on the new TLE servers, we must start over with new level one characters?

Yes. That's the only option. No heroics, no transferring to the TLE servers.

Will we have to option to go back to the old server if we find we don't like the TLE servers or are all those characters and their houses gone?

That's a good question. I know there are no server transfers ONTO the TLE servers, but what about OFF of them?

Third, are there houses to be bought on the new TLE servers? I like the housing on EQII as it is right now, but new ones would be ok if we had a lot of different ones to choose from.

My understanding is that at this time, there will only be the regular in town housing that the game started with. No prestige homes.
    Rozyn, Alenna, Rhodris and 1 other person like this.
  11. Roshen Well-Known Member

These servers will share a character limit with regular EverQuest 2 servers.
    Seefar likes this.
  12. Roshen Well-Known Member

These servers won't unlock based on player progress... and by definition are NOT "Progression Servers"

Content will unlock (or stayed locked at certain expansions) based on player voting.
  13. Roshen Well-Known Member

EQ2 already has 'load balancing' in zones. We may tinker with the zone caps on the Time-Locked Expansion servers, based on what creates the best experience for players.

This is pretty big info, so I'll edit the original post to draw attention to this.

Players will have the option to vote to unlock content every 30-days. The voting period will last a week, and if the server votes not to unlock the next expansion, the vote will start again after 30-days.

If the server chooses not to unlock content three times in a row, the votes for the next expansion will change to 90-days in-between votes. This will reset back to 30-days in-between votes after an expansion is successfully unlocked on your server.

Players must be within 20 levels of current content cap to be eligible to vote.
  14. Feytahl Member

I'm still on the fence about it. I definitely would for the Isle.

For those of you not paying attention to recent game additions:
    11yr vet reward: Isle of Refuge prestige home
    AoM collection edition: Isle of Refuge mage tower house item
    AoM is very much a big kiss to the Isle of Refuge

I don't understand how some people don't see the importance of that place to a large portion of players. I am hopeful of the PVP server since it is primarily about PVP, lots of changes that players want could make a big difference there, but I foresee only a reduced, short-lived interest for the PVE one without offering something that isn't on live, like the Isle.
  15. Finora Well-Known Member

By regular EQ2 servers, should we assume you mean the US English servers? So anyone with full slots on the US English region will need to buy new character slots?
    Seefar likes this.
  16. Tachyon New Member

Great news!!!

The only thing I'm a bit concerned about is the initial vote. Basically you are restricting it to people who can make Level 30+ in 30 days. All of us who play more casually may not even be able to vote on the first unlock. Maybe change it to L20+ for the initial vote? After that it won't really matter since levels get added more slowly in later expansions.
    Seefar, Rozyn, Deadlyne and 1 other person like this.
  17. Lysanthria New Member

Thanks for your response! I appreciate it. Now that I have that information I think I will be staying on the regular server at this time. I have spent a lot of real money on housing and mounts and don't want it to have been for naught.
    Moonpanther likes this.
  18. Padrepyro Member

Agreed. Out of curiosity I did a /who all on both beta servers and a couple live ones:

PVE: 61 players
    Antonia Bayle: 330 players (had to do combinations of /who all to get them all)
    PVP: 68 Qeynos + 64 Freeport
    Nagafen: 13 Qeynos + 23 Freeport (unknown for exile)

At the end of the day this isn't about bringing new people in or probably even old people back if marketing is any indication, it's about getting people to resub. They need to give us something on these servers to make it special or it's going to flop.
    Siren likes this.
  19. Breta Well-Known Member

So TLE servers are going live after more or less two weeks of beta testing? I mean why the rush?
    Seefar likes this.
  20. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

It won't be for naught - you can still play on the regular server as well as the TLE server. There is no "one or the other". So you can roll a character on the TLE server and play there when you feel you want that experience, then go back to your regular server the next day if you want to. You are free to move around between servers, just as you are now.
    Karolin and Rawyx like this.