PvP Time-Locked Expansion Server Feedback

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Caith, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Wololo_fame New Member

+
    We definitely need exiles. Third faction makes game interesting - more pvp at all.
    I played exiles just to have more hardcore pvp. All world - enemies. Thats the coolest thing for all.
    And yep. Exiles didnt kill Naggi. All pvp servers were killed with TSO pvp changes, towers in ant/EL/KP, globes for travelling and guildhalls.
    We want: no pvp immunity in starting zones and cities, aggro guards in all cities, exiles, no guildhalls and pvp gear at all.
    We also want a lot of different pve stuff with all stats (not only two), gear with resists and other things. But pvp things preferbly.
    Also, check all mounts please. They had different speed, not like now.
    GBlack likes this.
  2. Aeeron New Member

I feel like the vote for exile & apperance gear came way before the beta for this even started.. I know about half of my guild hadn't even heard about this TL PVP Server until a week before beta and there most certainly was no poll that I could find.

Seems silly to stand with a decision that many people feel like they weren't able to vote for.

I really hope the servers are populated, I'm seeing 80 ish people online on either side right now. Hoping its just because its still beta.. because if its only 80-200 people per faction this will not even last. Daybreak should try to do some marketing and maybe a trailer video to get some more hype going
    Siren, Slant and Thinwizzy like this.
  3. Koppar Member

Yea we need alot of ppl for this to last, hopefully some pvers will come and pvp. And that alot of ppl just dont play cause its beta atm.
  4. Muligan New Member

I was a little surprised by the numbers myself. Getting on the beta servers though isn't quite as fluid as other games so people just may not want to switch and patch so much.

They need to make a couple more changes though to grab the player's attention. As of right now, I think they're turning a good chunk off.
  5. Rutaq New Member

I agree that the threatening dramatics aren't going to sway things but history shows that the Devs do cave to forum posters, just check out the forums around the EQ1 TLP servers. The original voted on plans and the "DEV decisions" became very fluid once the forums filled with complaints.
  6. Dixa Active Member

the difference with the eq1 tlp was that those complaints were coming from many unique posters, and their complaints were something a bit different some borderline exploitative. We haven't really touched what raiding is going to be like here, or what kind of contested overland SLR's are going to end up being like...I do hope we don't see 25 krono's for a contested rare drop like we did the first few weeks of ragefire/lockjaw.

the issues with ragefire were pretty much gamebreaking. some of these issues here are just a matter of...preference? I don't know of any other way of putting it. pvp balance in a game with 24 classes is a pipe dream though.
  7. KorvenusCrushbone Member

Please include exile faction
  8. TS (Throat) Active Member

After a long break from game, I logged in less than 2 weeks after announced because I wanted to get in on the polling. By the time I got in, the only thing I was able to vote on was server name.

While I'd love to ask to see the numbers on the polling that set these decisions in place -- it is inconsequential. The reality is a new poll needs to be taken on a half-dozen critical topics based on the feedback of the players actually playing.

Anything less is nonsense.
    Slant and GBlack like this.
  9. Adevil Well-Known Member

You might want to add the ability for Freeps to get to FFS to your list then. No PvP immunity is pointless if the enemy can't get to the zone.
  10. Primaeval Active Member

They really should just do a new in-game poll at TLE launch for Exile and a couple other seminal issues (immunity timers, etc). That way, you are actually asking the players who intend to partake in the server as opposed to a pool of players that may never have intended to touch the TLE servers.
  11. Primaeval Active Member

People don't want Exile for Betrayal. They want it for FFA PVP. I don't understand what is so difficult about understanding that a group of PVPers want to be able to kill EVERYONE, not just 1/2 or less of the population.
    Siren, Thinwizzy, Lungz and 1 other person like this.
  12. Wololo_fame New Member

I want to have pvp in Graveyard, Caves, and other zones.
    And i want to start at old island, and have F or Q citisenship. Like in early EQ2. It was good pvp for all lvl, not only <higher when ...>
  13. Naroc Active Member

I am perfectly ok with the bolded suggestion. What is negative about adding exile to the game? It allows a FFA PvP environment. It allows players to switch factions if they desire a change of scenery. It allows players to hop over to the least populated side without having to make a new character, which is a stupid solution for fixing faction balance btw. Exile was never a 'negative' aspect of the PvP servers. It allowed for a 3rd faction that was able to restore balance to the servers.

We all know what a server looks like when it is Qeynos vs Freeport. One faction will surely dominate because it will contain the stronger guilds and the other will wither away and eventually people will stop coming out to play. Exile prevents the severe faction imbalance by always providing competition for the stronger faction. That is the importance of the 3 faction system.
    Siren and Thinwizzy like this.
  14. GBlack Active Member

Make the app slots back. I don't rly know what should I buy for your DC besides the clothes. That is the thing you should sell in your Market to make money if you're not planning to turn it for pay2win store later. You're also dumpening a huge variety of appearance-only ingame items. You're constantly posting that you don't want tanks in disguise. Honestly it is affecting pvp server only and every pvp player is laughin' in your face. We're able to distinguish the classes whatever the target wears.

Still concerned about wrong appearance? As it was stated many times - make class/item slot restrictions. So the tanks will be using plate appeances, and so on for any archetype/ item category.
    Aquaskaientos likes this.
  15. Naroc Active Member

Yeah, I don't understand this reasoning at all. If this is really the reason why appearance slots are not allowed on the PvP server, they need to rethink their decision big time. This isn't a new game. This isn't a new system. Players know who or what class a person is in seconds. It's not a major mystery. It doesn't require some major skill. Do people even pay attention to what opponents are wearing when they're fighting?
    Aquaskaientos, Siren and Lungz like this.
  16. hartsia New Member

thank you caith, really good things are staying, its important its hard and unforgivibg, and slow xp gain is also really important, and if you make exile someday, then make it so its a one way ticket. pls if u can, remove the fame bar,it gives more of a thrill when u ding new title, or vise versa loose it. :)
  17. TS (Throat) Active Member

I never understood this one ... a fight is a fight, whether it's in plate or a dress ... wth.
  18. hartsia New Member

i dont want any apprence in game, if i only own a pair of rusty coppar armor, then fkk let me look like a noob, but the day i get that shiny super duper master wand! let me wear it with pride, and spread fear into enemys,,, got my point??
  19. Naroc Active Member

No one is stopping you from not using the appearance slots. However, it is such a minor thing and has no real effects on gameplay that I just can't see why DBG is disabling it on the PvP servers. It's extra income in their pockets and players are not forced to participate in it.
    Aquaskaientos likes this.
  20. Faabio Active Member

Is Exile a faction yet?
    Thinwizzy and Slant like this.