PvP Time-Locked Expansion Server Feedback

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Caith, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Kendayar Active Member

oh boy being killable by anybody at any level is an advantage. this isn't about the unrestricted classes in exile, it's about the pvp.

because if there is no exile, i'm still turning my back on my faction and actively not helping it in any way as much as possible. my loyalty is only with my guild.
    Clairvoyiant and Jexus like this.
  2. Arieneth New Member

How can exile possibly not be in? We all know one faction is always population dominant. So anyone on that side gets the fun job of standing around in a sea of their own faction they can't fight. All while having a small population of enemies to actually fight.

Exile is the best thing that ever happened to pvp. It allow another option to being stuck on a dominant faction. The only advantage exile had in the beginning was access to all classes. The disadvantage was being solely reliant on your guild and having no faction as backup. Also you were agro to everyone and took twice as much damage in tri-faction pvp. Bottom line, exile gave people that played the game for the pvp the best opportunity to do so.

And seriously, who is really coming back to raid 10 year old content? Most of the old veterans are coming back for pvp and now that is severely limited.
  3. Malachy Well-Known Member

No to appearance slots makes me mad as hell. You guys are not only losing a lot of money but you have got to realize people want this to look good, not to fool someone by wearing a different classes clothes.

AT MINIMUM you need to poll this on the PVP server only. Anyway, it may be vain, but between this, exile faction and the isle of refuge debacle, I'm out. Peace.
    Lungz, Siren, GBlack and 1 other person like this.
  4. Muligan New Member

I don't see why they removed appearance slots? They have no impact on the gameplay at all. I've spent a lot of SC on that stuff and why not have your look of choice especially when you looked a certain way for so long.

Anyway, that was just a reaction to the most recent post.

I cannot tell you how excited I was to see this be announced. Especially after years of hearing how impossible it was to develop a progression server in EQ2. I believe they have been pretty clear this would not be exactly designed as we imagined but this seems to reflect a complete lack of effort.

I don't mean to be critical but I do not see a point to stir up the hopes of this community only to disappoint them. While others may be satisfy with settling to the scraps they're willing to feed us and honestly, I do enjoy the rush of a new server, the developers could have been a little more transparent with the design and exactly what they're were going to deliver.

I appreciate the notion and the EQ1 TLS was nice in the beginning as well but I cannot figure out who they're listening too or if we are getting the false impression they're listening to begin with. However, I feel most of all for the people that founded this community. People who were at EQ from beta and stuck it out through EQ2's rollercoaster of an existence. I was one of those guys and it's tough to see guys who can do more as hobbies running emulators in their spare time than a team of developers holding all the goods.
    Lungz and Siren like this.
  5. Frinch Well-Known Member

Devs should get those allergies to honesty and forthrightness checked.

Voted by whom? Players overwhelmingly support this feature because your character models are terrible and the appearance of most of the gear is worse. The reality is, you have decided not to implement this feature, but are trying to make it seem like the players voted this way.
    I think it would be better for charm to last 3 days, then have a 9-day cooldown. Better, right?
    As a level 6 player who gets charmed by a 10 in DLW, I can use the 0 status I have accumulated to cure said charm. Great news!
    Discuss faster.

We've re-re-re-re-leveled through the same content we leveled through on multiple live servers, been through a wipe, and you still have nothing. Get your **** together.

Finally, rez sickness:
    You claim that 20 seconds is enough time to
    So two options: "prepare" or call home. Prepare here clearly means: fight with rez sickness. Not ideal. What about the other option, calling home?
    Ah, I get it. the 'silly' travel time required to get back in fights is also the only real option you give players. That's going to make for some riveting non-stop riding through zones to get back to the action. Can't wait!

~F
    Lungz likes this.
  6. Chiaroscuro New Member

I am just now finding this thread and the one before the wipe. Caught up on reading. The list posted by Caith at the beginning of this thread has few changes. After reading 25 pages of these threads its become apparent that the advertised interest in the players preferences is disingenuous. This is evidenced by no polls of the current population and the dictatorially smug undertones of some of the bullets. Why so inflexible? I have other gaming options.
    Lungz and Siren like this.
  7. Naroc Active Member

It has been stated many times but I can't stress this enough. Hopefully this won't be the only issue left up for a vote. I truly believe you will get a more accurate poll response to some of the most heated debates (Exile, CC durations, Level locking, Appearance Slots etc) based off of the players on beta and those who roll on the server at launch. Please consider running the polls again with this updated (and more populated) playerbase.
    Siren likes this.
  8. Peak Nagafun

I can't recall appearance gear being voted on aside from being voted upon as marketplace items.
    Faragel, Trivursar, Lungz and 9 others like this.
  9. Naroc Active Member

Also, any update on allowing Freeport to travel to Frostfang Sea to PvP would be appreciated. Even if it's just allowing us to travel from the Antonica docks to Frostfang docks via bell.
    Siren likes this.
  10. Riku New Member

Its hard to recall any of these votes, considering most players subbed when beta came out so their vote wasn't in the results. Or they never even knew there were polls to begin with. Which is why they were "Voted off the island" or whatever.
  11. NIzzarr New Member

I'm glad there's no exile.

It kinda ruined nagafen, as faction couldnt do sheet anymore due to all the best players going exile. It wasnt only the fact that they had access to all classes, its also the fact that all the above average players went exile and starting factions were left with the dummies.
    Xephane likes this.
  12. Xephane Active Member

I basically think the server is almost perfect the way it is. This is actually VERY good, you guys have to admit, like come on. It's certainly way better than it was after DoV came out. Can we please just like live with this?
  13. Aquaskaientos Member

Dear Caith, it is impossible players voted this nonsence. It must be a mistake or misunderstanding. I don't understand why this question appeared in the poll. Why do you want to lose money we are ready to spend in marketplace to make our toons beautiful. I see no one who would support this decision, on the contrary I see many player are very upset about that. Please change your mind. Add restrictions so tanks would not look like a mage etc.
    I am ready to buy this option (to use appearance slots), just add it to marketplace. So sad... I lost a big part of my appetite to play at the server and sure I am not alone :(
    GBlack likes this.
  14. Riku New Member

Become good and join the exiles then. Its not the job of the "above average players" to help the "dummies" out. In any game ever, you get better the greater the competition is. If you get carried through everything you'll probably never improve. You sound like one of those players who'd get "confused" by a tank wearing cloth gear and because of that we have no appearance.
    Faragel and Trivursar like this.
  15. NIzzarr New Member

I'd rather play on a healthy server. Exile ruined Nagafen for those who didnt want to be part of it. Why would we let ruin this server as well? I'd rather not have all the raiders join exile "again". Been there, seen it. It's bad for a server.
    oakmiser and Xephane like this.
  16. Hammdaddy Active Member

It was voted off the island @ the delusional dev island
    Lungz and GBlack like this.
  17. LizardKing Member

Personally, I woulda voted against it - Also, don't particularly care for all of the advantages exiles get along with the possibility of people switching factions, making any underplayed faction even more underplayed. Roll a toon on the other faction if that's what you want to do.
  18. Kendayar Active Member

You really think all of us who wanted to go Exile will actually help anyone other than ourselves in a faction? There's gonna be some mad people on whatever faction we roll that's for sure.

Rather watch "allies" die than participate tbh. There's more than one way to betray my faction.

I can't wait for our healthy "one faction stacked against the other because bluebies voted on PvP changes" server
    Trivursar and Vlahkmaak like this.
  19. Naroc Active Member

20. Frinch Well-Known Member

Players: "XP in the starting areas is crap; it sucks being level 6 and having to fight lvl 10 mobs to finish quests. Also, claimable xp pots make it difficult to test how the xp will be on live."

Devs: "WE HEAR YOU! We've nerfed mob kill xp, left quest xp the same, and left xp pots in game!"

Players: "Uh... isn't that dumb?"

Devs: "There's more! Now you start naked, and can't wear any on the gear you get as quest rewards until 2-3 levels later!"

Players: "Uh...isn't that dumb?"
    Trivursar and Lungz like this.