Summoner Pets doing crazy damage

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Nuhvohk, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Nuhvohk Active Member

I posted this as a reply in the TLE feedback thread for PVE but I think this issue is game-breaking enough to warrant its own thread.

As you can see in this video, my friend here is a conjuror in his 40s using his pets to quickly blast a lvl 80+ voidbeast in lavastorm to smithereens. I'm not sure this is correct, but if I'm mistaken and summoners are supposed to be this powerful, then I guess I'll roll one come live, since they're now unquestionably the best DPS in the game.

I'll leave it to you to decide whether or not this is acceptable. I have no problem with it, but if it's like this on the PVP servers some people are probably gonna be pretty mad.

Oh, and my friend isn't hacking or anything. This is just what the game is allowing him to do.

Balbasur likes this.
  2. Nuhvohk Active Member

Nevermind, just saw this mentioned in another thread. Leaving this up for the video, though. Just some visual proof of how crazy this is.
  3. Dixa Active Member

this is exclusive to CONJUROR pets. necro pets are not this survivable because that class does not have the same tools to make it possible. no stoneskins. no physical mitigation buffs. no damage shields.

in point of fact of that, the necros in my guild are either betraying conjuror or will roll conj at live now instead of necros. this is exclusive to CONJUROR
  4. Ecno Well-Known Member

Its funny you posted and showed this just now...

I literally just witnessed a Necro in the same spot doing the same thing. Killing lvl 80 mobs in Lava... with dumbfire pets and nightshade pet. They would just repop the pet over and over so they didnt have to wait for it to heal... and then wait for recast on dumbfires. Then boom... another lvl 80 mob bites the dust.

I took a fraps video too just because I thought it was so wrong...
  5. Adevil Well-Known Member

This one, maybe?
  6. Nuhvohk Active Member

Nah this video is mine.

I'm the other ratonga watching the conjuror kill voidbeasts.
  7. Milambers Active Member

The combination of caster and pet CC and damage is putting Necromancers (and conjurers perhaps, I haven't fought any) way out of line in PvP balance. Don't nerf them to the point of oblivion, but they do need a slight adjustment.
  8. Hyiero Active Member

The amazing survivability maybe only there for conjys but necros are also extremely powerful and soloing plenty of things outside of what should be considered the "soloable" range.
  9. Ecno Well-Known Member

No not that one, I recorded a video... of Nadadsy yesterday doing it... I could post it up if you really wanted but since we already have a video of someone doing it I didnt think it really mattered too much at this point. We are all aware of it now...
  10. Ecno Well-Known Member

Agreed,

Conjys and Necros both sacrifice a lot of survivability by being squishy clothies to do damage. They should do that damage, but the majority of it shouldnt be through dumbfire pets and a regular pet that they just send in to do all the dirty work while they hide behind a rock. Right now their pets are just doing too large of a % of their overall DPS imo. Level it out, make them be forced to use more of their CAs and actual abilities... even if that means increasing damage on some of those abilities to make them viable after lowering the damage on their pets.

I hate the way pets work in PVP too... you just send them on a target and you can never really shake them. Its not a player that you can evade or just trick behind a wall... therfore it shouldnt be doing the majority of the damage because youre basically being forced to fight against PVE/NPC combat mechanics in a PVP fight.

Another thing about pets in PVP while we are on it... you should NOT be able to name your pet the same thing as your player. All this does is makes it so you cant target a pet with a /target command and you always get the player. I shouldnt be forced to click a target, targeting should be merely something you think and it does... it should be fluent not difficult. Please make it so all pets cannot be named their owners name. You can name it anything else you want (within the eula) but not the same name as your character. That way... people can actually target your pet with a /target macro instead of having to target it manually by clicking which is very very inefficient in a PVP scenario due to the time it takes and chance of it not working.
  11. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

First of all, those voidbeasts are not normal 80+ mobs. They are very wimpy.

Also, what I think what has happened to the temp/dumbfire pets is they got buffed by a script that was meant to only buff enemy summoned pets. Conjurers don't need to be nerfed, that script needs to be fixed.